• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
25 Pokemon:
4 - 4 - 2/2 Tyranitar SF/Prime
1 - 1 - 1 Nidoqueen RR
1 Unown (DARK) UD
1 - 1 Umbreon UD
1 Spiritomb LA
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Crobat G PL
1 - 1 Bronzong SF
1 Solrock TR

26 Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums
3 Broken Time Space
3 Seeker
1 Poketurn
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy
3 Engineer's Adjustments
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Super Scoop Up

9 Energy:
5 Basic Dark Energy
4 Dark Energy

Strategy: Fill your bench with whatever seems good in the match up. Solrock against any healing deck, Bronzong if you have an Engineer's, Tyranitar SF to get ready for later. Spread early game with Tyranitar Prime then heal with Nidoqueen while powering up Tyranitar SF to spread late game. Retreating is fine because of Tyranitar's Pokebody to Seeker, or use Super Scoop Up to prevent prize taking, and spread. I can get the Poketurn with Cyrus' Conspiracy.

Vileplume would be good, Spiritomb/Jirachi/Sableye would be good, but I could not find room.

You need more energy, mostly Double Colorless Energy. So:
-1 Basic Dark Energy
-1 Solrock TR (Why is this even in here?)
-1-1 Bronzong SF (You can only ever use his power twice in a game, then he just sits there waiting to be sniped.
+4 DCE

Then,
-1 Unown Dark (It's a good card, but there are betters out there)
-2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
-3 Engineers Adjustments (I think a better line would be 3/1 Prime/SF for Tyranitar)
+More consistency

If you disagree with taking out a SF T-Tar for a Prime, you can keep in the Engineer's, but IMO 4 Prime is just the best way to play this deck.

I agree with what most of the above poster has said. Prime is definitely the way forward. You really need to either max out Sableye or Spiritomb in this deck in my experience. Sableye is just way too good to pass up for a lead. But if he isn't your style, Spiritomb is solid too, but then you should run more copies of Tomb. I would go for four but I suppose three is fine too. You need to be maxing out on those double colorless energy as well. Even with Lost Remover, double colorless is way too good not to be used.

surely wont solrock cancel out nidoqueens power?
Personally I think you have too many trainers in this build and 7 scooping trainers is a bit too much me thinks.
I think t-tar should be played as 3/1 prime/sf as the prime is a little better.

Too bad that Solrock needs two spots on the Bench to work with a Lunatone (which is also not in the deck...)

It's not worth the space. Tyranitar is an absolute beast with the bottom two attacks as well.

dmaster out.

Yeah, Solrock doesn't work, since it cancels Nidoqueen and needs a Lunatone. However, the whole point is not to attack for high amounts, but to spread, so there is no need for DCE. The point is to spread with Prime while powering up SF then spread with SF. Also, Spiritomb LA is to facilitate spread, not set up. I will add another basic dark so I can use Bronzong thrice. It works very well with Engineer's and Tyranitar SF. If I face a deck that I can use Umbreon in, I will stall with him while setting up Tyranitars, and when they get their Umbreon counter set up, I'll be ready to go. I was hoping to prevent Garchomp LV. X's power ruining the spread, but I guess Solrock isn't going to work out.
-1 Solrock TR
+1 Basic Dark Energy

Back