Ultra PRO Releasing “Rayquaza Legendary Foil Playmat” with Foil Accents!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ultra PRO will be releasing a Rayquaza playmat featuring “foil starlight accents for added shine.”

Rayquaza-Playmat-200x200.jpg

Rayquaza-Playmat-Close-Up-200x200.jpg

This type of playmat is a first for Pokemon, though Ultra PRO has released foil playmats for other franchises for $29.99.
As usual, we don’t know its pricing or its release date. It may release in Q3.
Make it a game to remember with Legendary Foil Playmats for Pokémon! With vibrant, full-color artwork of legendary Pokémon Rayquaza, this playmat features premium spot foil starlight accents for added shine. Made with a soft fabric top to reduce damage to cards during play and a non-slip rubber backing to keep the playmat from shifting during use, playmats enhance the gameplay experience. With dimensions of approximately 24 in. x 13.5 in., a playmat also makes an excellent oversize mousepad for...

Continue reading...

A playmat is the ultimate customizable accessory, since it's very hard to screw up a mat. But it also means that the amount of options out there is incredibly rich. $30 for a mat is hard sell, especially with the predictable stock art™.
Agreed, they could’ve made a really fun pose for rayquaza to go with that shimmery foil mat background, think back to like that constellation one that came out the other year (which I really regret not being on time to get before it sold out). But instead, yeah, boring stock art and a lot of dead space on this mat…

I can't believe there are people being payed to come up with mediocre things like this ;_; do better UltraPro

Just get the Rayquaza Among the Stars mat on Pokemon Center. It’s not only way cooler while having matching sleeves and a matching deck box, but it’s also cheaper

Edit: It’s out of stock there but you can still easily pick it up on TCGPlayer or eBay

You would really think they'd at least let them use artwork from various Rayquaza cards over the years for these.

You would really think they'd at least let them use artwork from various Rayquaza cards over the years for these.
That might be outside the scope of their license, but booster pack art regularly appears on binders. Surely some of those could fit well enough on a mat.

Back