• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ultraguzz Box

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon - 17

* 2 Guzzlord-GX CIN 63
* 2 Celesteela-GX PR-SM SM67
* 2 Kartana-GX CIN 70
* 2 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 2 Nihilego-GX CIN 49
* 3 Poipole FLI 55
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Naganadel-GX FLI 121

Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Recon Squad FLI 114
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Ultra Space FLI 115
* 4 Beast Ring FLI 102

Energy - 10

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 8 Darkness Energy 7
* 1 Unit Energy {L}{P}{M} UPR 138

Total Cards - 60

Been using this. By no means is it perfect. Always up for ideals and inputs. Atm I'm at 94 wins of 142 games online.
It sets up fast consistently. Only issue is time to time run into a dead draw issue on turn 2 or 3. Thought about putting in zoroark gx for trades Or even octerilly . But it takes up space and lowers damage out out. Lele are mostly used mid game and end game after my opp gets a knock out.

I'd have few questions after looking at your list:

How do you not lose to any safeguarder? (SLG Hoopa mainly)

How do you not lose to Sylveon?

With only 8 basic energy, how do you make sure you always have enough in the deck when you use Beast Ring to power up Guzzlord?

If your main draw supporter is Ultra Recon Squad, how do you keep up the damage output for Naganadel to be able to remain at least at 100 consistently? I see that you have 3 recovery items but you can't always draw into them.

Despite being able to hit Buzzwole for weakness, based on this list BuzzRoc can easily outpace you and just use baby Buzz/Lycanroc to win, or even bring in a Buzz-GX for a final KO. (And you also help them with Ultra Space.) How does the deck try to make up for that? You can't even try to pull off a Stinger-GX T2 and then Beast Ring and sweep with Guzzlord (silly as that may sound) since you're not playing DCE. (Not saying you should.) Celesteela can't sweep, and if you don't get your Beast or Unit Energy it can't even do anything. (Or if the opponent discards them.)

Last edited:
Safeguard is auto loss. Slyveon I've played against like 4 times in last 2 days won all but 1. I've faced alot of buzz variants and I don't have any issues.
One deck that I find to have hard time vs is malakar decks. It's not a auto loss but I'd say 60% of matches I do lose.
Set up is nice depending on what I'm facing I choose how much bench I use up. Only having 1 active and 2 bench ultra beast I hit for 110 with choice band.
With 10ultra beast as I call optional. I use for discard for URS. Yes safeguard I've thought about putting something in for. But what is the question. I'd prefer a ultra beast baby. But can't decide which is best. I've thought about adding special energy that use grass. Then adding some permorisa in. Either gx or non gx.

As far as energy it works well I dont over attach. I only had energy issues a handful of times.
Draw issues happens from time to time.
Nearly every turn 1 I get a nice set up. Prob comes turn 2 a handful of times I get 1 to 2 cards in hand . None being draw support. Which is fine but if turn 3 comes and I still do and I still dead draw again. And my attack is knocked out I get in a pickle.
As far as guzzlord goes. He is not the main attacker. He is the follow up if you do it right n leave him out of play until you have 4 or 3 prize card left you can take the win . I always power him up after my opp has 3 or 4 prize left. Most of time deck burns well so I can attach 5 dark energy in a turn. Some matches I wont even attach any to guzzlord.

I know decks have the one weakness. That one bad match up. But I'm going with odds and how meta is.
Buzz is everywhere. Malamar is everywhere. Hoopa isn't so much. I wanna be able to have the advantage against 2 out 3 of those decks. Atm I have 1 good 1 even and 1 auto loss.
So question is do i teach in away to beat hoopa? If so what should it be? How do I fix the mid game dead draw, even though it dont happen much? And should I be worried about it? As far as dark energy I feel it's a nice number. But should I had other energy options? If so what? I've also thought about doing 2 super rods or even 1 super adding in 1 energy recycler or energy retrieval. Should I add 1 more needlehead stringer gx? What changes would anyone make?.
I thank you for input.
Been doing alot of play testing with this deck. I wanna do well with it. I rather not do major changes to it .

Back