• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Umbreon + Carracosta + Kyurem EX (energy troll)

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
This deck is a stupid idea, please try this at home!

Pokémons: 16

3-3 {D} Umbreon DE #61
3-3 {W} Carracosta NV
2 {W} Kyurem EX NX
2 {R} Fliptini NV

T/S/S: 31

3 rocky Helmet
3 Heavy Ball
2 Communication
2 Switch
3 Catcher
3 Lost Remover
3 Crushing Hammer
2 Junk Arm

3 PONT
2 Juniper
2 Collector
2 N

2 Twist Mountain

Energy: 13

4 {D} Special
6 {W}
3 {C}{C} DCE

Main cards:
Catcher: to get in a pokemon with energy to remove them.
Heavy Ball and Twist Mountain: to get Tortiuga, Carracosta and also Kyurem EX, then put them on your bench by Twist Moountain.
Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover: to remove energy to opponent's bench and specials from Mewtwo EX or any other who depends or uses special energy.

Strategy: Set up Umbreon and Fliptini to T2 remove energies out of defending pokemon. Kyurem and Carracosta goes for middle and late game, keeping on removing energies job, tanking and dmging. I don't know if is a good deck, but fo sure it's annoying. What should I change?

Ugh, Carracosta is so horrible. The fact that it's a stage 2 pokemon that requires you to play an unsearchable flippy stadium to get it out (you don't play cover fossil, which is horrible anyway) doesn't deserve the space. You would be alot better off just dropping it and Twist Mountain and just focus on swarming Umbreon. You would then have space open for Dark Patch which helps charge up Umbreons late game which would require you to add basic dark energy. You should still keep the Kyurem EX for additional energy disruption as well as general bulk, but you should play maximum of 4 {W} energy as to not swamp the deck in such unecessary energy.

I agree carracosta isn't that great. Needing four energies to attack, energy acceleration will be needed. But on the t/s/s lines only, I think
-3 rocky helmet (I don't think it will be really needed)
-1 lost remover? (not certain about this but more draw power is needed)
+2 junk arm (reusing trainers will be needed)
+1 collector (3 needed to help set up)
+1 N (good hand refreshment and disruption)

And I wouldn't use carracosta. I'd cut it for some others and more draw power and other things needed, but that's up to you. Hope I helped :)

Banette isn't bad, since it puts Energy in the Lost zone (and completely denies it from being used again by Eelektrik or Typhlosion)

Back