Ruling Unown G

Amt

Is there any card in the format that can discard it while it's attached to another Pokemon via GUARD?

Without KOing the Pokemon? No.

Unown G prevents effects of attacks, so you need to use powers/trainers to get rid of it...

But there's no card in this format that does so...

Where's Windstorm when you need it?

Electrivire Lv.X can remove Unown G from your opponents Pokemon effectively. Since the effect isn't Pokemon specific you can use it, and gain a small immortality boost.

And Lou, if we had Windstorm, Machamp will dominate the whole format. It would be sickening.

DawnOfXatu said:
Electrivire Lv.X can remove Unown G from your opponents Pokemon effectively. Since the effect isn't Pokemon specific you can use it, and gain a small immortality boost.
The same question was asked about Mismagius. It also doesn't target the Pokemon itself, but can't discard Unown G regardless.

DawnOfXatu said:

And Lou, if we had Windstorm, Machamp will dominate the whole format. It would be sickening.

No it can't. Discarding the Unown G is an effect on the Pokemon it's attached to.

Amt said:
Is there any card in the format that can discard it while it's attached to another Pokemon via GUARD?

Way to use the sticky... :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll probably heckle you more about it later too.

Celebi23 said:
3. Does Unown G over-rule effects of attacks discarding it? If my opponent's Electivire LV. X MT or Mismagius SF attacks and tries to discard Unown G, does Unown G stop that?
A: Yes, it does. Although for Mismagius it is doing damage, the effect is letting it do the damage, which Unown G over-rules. However, if you have 5 Pokemon Tools in play for example, and your opponent does, for some reason, choose to target the Pokemon with Unown G on it it still counts as one of their 4 targets. It just doesn't discard or add damage.
Ok, we're done here :p.

*locks*

EDIT: Oh, wait a minute. I can't lock threads.

A little added note about Electivire Lv X: Since unown G isn't discarded via Pulse Barrier, Electivire Lv X doesn't receive the "prevent all effects including damage" bonus.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1292808#post1292808

1 way to discard Unown G.

chanman45 said:

Meh, I'm kind of skeptical about it even after that guy asked. But who am I to challange the officials. Still, consider this, how many people will have easy access to this card, or multiples of it? ;D

Kronar said:
chanman45 said:

Meh, I'm kind of skeptical about it even after that guy asked. But who am I to challange the officials. Still, consider this, how many people will have easy access to this card, or multiples of it? ;D
I don't know if anyone would have multiples of the card, but the poster asked if there was any card able to discard it in the format.

Back