News Up to 3 New Potential Trial Captains/important characters hinted at in the Demo version

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
So after completing the main part of the Demo, you're hit with a little cutscene. In the cutscene, you're breifly shown clips of these 3 trainers:

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.19.08 PM.png
She is specifically shown in this clip, has a unique sprite, and has a Mudsdale, a Pokémon of a type we haven't seen yet for a trial captain. Immediately after, we get shown a clip of the Rock Captain and Mallow.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.21.15 PM.png
Here's the second one. He has a Pelipper, a Pokémon that is and isn't a type we haven't seen yet in Water/Flying, and appears to be on either a blimp or houseboat. I can't tell. He is also shown specifically in this trailer, so he's probably an important character at any rate, captain or not.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.26.46 PM.png
Here's the third new character. If she is a captain, I'd say ghost, considering the background and that she's creepy as all heck. Looking at it, she's in either some sort of alternate dimension or something, but she certainly seems like a special character. Who knows?

Thoughts?

An NPC also mentioned a trainer named Kahili who's a golfing genius. She sounds like another trial captain for that area with the golf course, but I don't think any of these are Kahili, since they don't really look like golfers.

The speculation I've seen on these 3 is that only the ghost girl is a Trial Captain, since she's the only one with the trial badge visible (it's hard to see, but it's tying up her hair). The others might actually be the last 2 island kahunas. Cool Pelipper Man at least is definitely not a trial captain, because the idea of the captains is they're all kids or teenagers, like counselors at a summer camp.

I feel like we've seen an NPC trainer model that looks like that guy actually. Like for the Veteran class maybe? He might just be a generic modeled NPC that owns that boat. But I hope not, because he sure has gravitas.

Cool Pelipper Man at least is definitely not a trial captain, because the idea of the captains is they're all kids or teenagers, like counselors at a summer camp.

I feel like we've seen an NPC trainer model that looks like that guy actually. Like for the Veteran class maybe? He might just be a generic modeled NPC that owns that boat. But I hope not, because he sure has gravitas.

He could be one of the Kahunas like Hala but I definitely think Mudsdale girl is a captain, a racing trial maybe?

This looks like it could be true! They might be captains, kahunas, or maybe people in the battle tree or at least some other important character. Nice idea!

Back