BW/BW2 Update: Darkrai Event in Germany

kickitupDude2

Aspiring Trainer
The German Pokemon Website has revealed that Darkrai will be distributed in GameStop in Germany From now until January 31st. it is gender less and at level 50. This is the same Darkrai distributed at ANA Airlines in Japan earlier this year.

... ok? Who cares? I didn't make a thread about the Darkrai event in Finland either. (26.11. @ Kamppi)

They are lucky. Like BlastBurn said, if I lived in Germany, then I would get Darkrai too! :D

If you were from Germany you would probably check filb.de, especially if you were even on English sites like PokéBeach. :p

Hey guys, i'm new in here. A friend of mine might be in Germany somewhen soon, during Darkrai's event, and I want to ask what does he have to do in order to receive one (I'll probably give him my DS so he can pick one for me)? Just go there to that store, and they will pass him one Darkrai with the Berry? I actually haven't started yet playing in my B game, so do I have to receive any number of badges in order to recieve it?

SheKnowsBest said:
Hey guys, i'm new in here. A friend of mine might be in Germany somewhen soon, during Darkrai's event, and I want to ask what does he have to do in order to receive one (I'll probably give him my DS so he can pick one for me)? Just go there to that store, and they will pass him one Darkrai with the Berry? I actually haven't started yet playing in my B game, so do I have to receive any number of badges in order to recieve it?

All he has to do is go into whatever place the event is held, and go to "Mystery Gift" on the title screen. From there tap "Receive From Wireless" and then you should get Darkrai.

Yakkov said:
All he has to do is go into whatever place the event is held, and go to "Mystery Gift" on the title screen. From there tap "Receive From Wireless" and then you should get Darkrai.

Then does he have to define a new Wireless point when he gets there? No badges are needed in order to receive it?

SheKnowsBest said:
Then does he have to define a new Wireless point when he gets there? No badges are needed in order to receive it?

He shouldn't need to. Also, you don't need any badges to receive the gift. I think....

Mystery Gift in BW are unlocked from the start of the game. The only thing that needs to be unlocked is the Transfer Machine for the beasts and Celebi.

SheKnowsBest said:

As said, no badges are needed, but let me elaborate on the lack of need for a wireless point.

Wireless points are used for Wi-Fi; if you were going to get a Wi-Fi event, then you would need one. But local wireless events like these are basically and usually done with a stock DS with a special cartridge that only distributes this event Pokemon to passerby who connect to it. No Internet access is involved.

Yakkov said:
He shouldn't need to. Also, you don't need any badges to receive the gift. I think....

Chariblaze said:
Mystery Gift in BW are unlocked from the start of the game. The only thing that needs to be unlocked is the Transfer Machine for the beasts and Celebi.

As said, no badges are needed, but let me elaborate on the lack of need for a wireless point.

Wireless points are used for Wi-Fi; if you were going to get a Wi-Fi event, then you would need one. But local wireless events like these are basically and usually done with a stock DS with a special cartridge that only distributes this event Pokemon to passerby who connect to it. No Internet access is involved.

So let's see if I got this right:

1) No defined WI-FI connection is needed
2) In order to get this Darkrai, you just need to have the Dex with you

So it's like you just come to this store, and you don't even need to communicate with the sellers at all? Just turning on your DS, going to Mystery Gift and so on from there?

Do I need to have an empty slot, or it can also be transferred to my 'Computer'?

When you revieve the gift, there should be a man in any Pokemart who will give it to you if you have an empty slot in your party, but after you download the event he will be there regardless of what is in your party, so you can get the Darkrai from him any time you want after you have downloaded the event. At least, that's how it was in previous games, I assume its the same in Black and White.

Yes it is still like that and SheKnowsBest, you got 1) and 2) right. :)

Dark Void said:
When you revieve the gift, there should be a man in any Pokemart who will give it to you if you have an empty slot in your party, but after you download the event he will be there regardless of what is in your party, so you can get the Darkrai from him any time you want after you have downloaded the event. At least, that's how it was in previous games, I assume its the same in Black and White.

I don't understand. What does it mean 'after you download the event'? What exactly happens after you press the MYSTERY GIFT button? I mean, is it possible to have this thing done in Israel after something is done with the MYSTERY GIFT button there?[/i]

Teal said:
Yes it is still like that and SheKnowsBest, you got 1) and 2) right. :)

Thx ;)

After selecting the Pokemon on Mystery Gift, it is saved to your game so you can talk to the man in green in the Pokemon Center whenever to actually get the Darkrai. So, you don't actually need to get the Darkrai while in Germany, just save the event onto your game using Mystery Gift. I hope that answers your question!

SheKnowsBest said:
I don't understand. What does it mean 'after you download the event'? What exactly happens after you press the MYSTERY GIFT button?

Title Screen with Reshiram or Zekrom -> Main menu to Continue, start a new game, or use Mystery Gift -> Something along the lines of "Receive Gift" -> Not Via Wi-FI and not Via Infrared, but Via Wireless -> It connects, tells you an event is available, lets you download it, saves, and then tells you to go to a Poke Mart.

You can practice the whole process up until it needs to connect to a DS offering the Darkrai.

I've walked in the door of some stores that had events and have been able to get it immediately.

Chariblaze said:
Title Screen with Reshiram or Zekrom -> Main menu to Continue, start a new game, or use Mystery Gift -> Something along the lines of "Receive Gift" -> Not Via Wi-FI and not Via Friend, but Via Wireless -> It connects, tells you an event is available, lets you download it, saves, and then tells you to go to a Poke Mart.

You can practice the whole process up until it needs to connect to a DS offering the Darkrai.

I've walked in the door of some stores that had events and have been able to get it immediately.

And if for example I don't recieve a Modest Darkrai on my first attempt, can I try again if I've already downloaded this thing? Can someone upload this process to YouTube or something, or just link me to a one that shows how this progress goes just in case?

Back