Uri Geller Hints Kadabra Returning to the TCG in Upcoming Set!

As I implied in a follow up to page 1, is this the best forum to discuss this? If you really have such low regard for the guy, then you should suggest to Nintendo/TPC they reject his goodwill gesture and wait until he has passed away to ever reprint a Kadabra card. Many of you are acting immaturely – as if he personally attacked you and you need to make sure everyone knows how irredeemable he is.
Love how you like to virtual signal and call people immature. It's our opinions, we wanted Kadabra all this time and we wanna talk about how dumb all this situation was. Genuinely funny how hard you're trying be the "right man"

First, just wanted to say that was a good read. The history, the current state, the speculation--it was interesting!

But, uh... man, comments on Pokebeach lately. Far from the only examples, but I'm looking here after the Mew VMAX and holiday calendar articles...

On one hand, especially after how Uri Geller worded things in 2020, part of me does see it as an attempt at good publicity. But on the other hand, I'm so not a fan of the idea that someone can't change their mind after some time. And even if I think this whole situation was stupid in the first place, this was still a step in the right direction, and I'd rather focus on that.

Sure he probably wants attention due to Pokemon's popularity after the Pokemon GO craze, but Kadabra's Japanese name really was named after him.
I wonder why the lawsuits have never settled though. Was Nintendo reluctant to pay him any compensation or so?

Or they could just rename Kadabra after another magician, if the English names don't quite work in Japanese

I am just surprised they haven't renamed the line in Japanese to match their international/English names? These wouldn't be hard to pronounce at all (アブラ / カダブラ / アラカザム) and they'd quit referencing real-life people, so nothing of value would truly be lost.
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen Pokemon retcon ANYTHING. Characters kind of just... go away for a while lol.

Back