Van Gogh Museum Cancels Pikachu Promo Distribution!

I wanted to go in the next 2 weeks, so I am disappointed.
It makes sense if staff and regular visitors were harassed, but it also rewards the scalpers who already made trouble and got a lot of cards.
I think if they just had handed it out to everybody for a long time, the card would not be worth that much anymore, because it's easy to get. But now I can see it staying at the ~100 € it's sold for for longer.

Sadly a group of people have been hanging around outside the museum and snatching the cards out of peoples hands as they leave, or threatening them into giving over their cards, and also following staff as they leave and intimidating them, demanding cards in exchange to stop. This is making everyone feel scared and ruining the experience.
Is thats whats happening, limiting the distribution of the card would only make the value of the card increase even higher. We seen people lifting and burgarlarizing stores in the usa more aggressively in recent years due to lax theft laws, also they dont want to look bad targeting a specific group thats been brazenly doing this.

My brother booked a Ticket just to get that one promo card for me and have fun for himself for the exhibition. I am shocked that the way these cards were given out was simply messed up and stupid. All they had to do was give out one card when entered the museum after showing the ticket and that was it. I don't get how a single person can so easily obtain 40 cards with a single visit and then resell them for $300. It is just disgusting for the visitors, the museum visitors won't get the full experience but leftovers.
People were getting assaulted , intimidated or burglarized right outside the museum for it.

Back