• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vanilluxe & Victini & Vileplume (HGSS- NV)

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! This is a deck Ive built around using Vanilluxe paralysing, Victini refliping if I miss both coin flips and Vileplume preventing Switch and just general trainer locking. In all of my tests against ZPST, Reshiboar, and google' deck it hasnt lost but all of the matches have come down to the final prize due to low damage output of the deck (EDIT: it lost to ZPST once):

Pokemon:
4-3-3 Vanilluxe (NV)
2 Victini (NV - Reflip abililty)
3-1-2 Vileplume (UD)
1-1 Dodrio
1-1 Beartic
2 Reshiram
1 Cleffa

T/S/S
4 Pokemon Collector (HGSS)
3 Professor Oak New Theory (CoL)
2 Juniper (BW)
2 Cheren (EP)
2 Twins (Triumphant)
2 Flower Shop Lady (UD)
3 Rare Candy (UL)
4 Pokemon Communication (BW)

Energy:
10 Water Energy
3 DCE

Strategy:
Vanilluxe is the main attacker in this deck. Its Double Freeze can paralyse over 90% of the time every turn when combined with Victini. Frost Breath is another alternative move when you simply need to knock out the defending as it hits for 60.
Victini is in the deck due to its Victory Star ability which allows Vanilluxe to paralyse almost every turn.
Vileplume provides trainer lock and works well with paralysis as it prevents the use of switch, and full heal, which is never used anyway.
Dodrio provides free retreat for every pokemon in the deck apart from Beartic.
Beartic is a secondary attacker to be used in between setting up Vanilluxes as it provides attack lock similar to paralysis with the option of retreat.
Reshiram is used as both a starter to stall with outrage whilst setting up but also a counter to Steel decks as the deck falls easily to steel.
Cleffa is Cleffa and is pretty selfexplanatory

THANKS!!

RE: Vanilluxe & Kyurem (HGSS- NV)

So this is essentially a combination of 2 decks:

Vanilluxe / Victini
Kyurem / Feraligatr Prime

The Vanilluxe idea is nice and gimmicky but without the form of trainer-lock then it gives your opponent 2 ways out of the paralysis: Switch and manually retreating plus they can freely catcher up Victini and KO it. plus this decks damage output is pretty low condiering it's a stage 2. plus coupled with the addition of Kyurem and Gatr Prime which don't immediately benefit Vanilluxe apart from being "back-up attackers". It would probably be better if you either focused the deck entirely on Vanilluxe/Vileplume/Victini so you at least have a locking aspect to make up for the low damage or focus on Kyurem and Feraligatr Prime. You can even add in a 1-1 or 2-2 Suicune Entei Legend to snipe off Reuniclus in GothLock decks and google deck variants.

The choice is up to you though. I won't make suggestions till i know which direction you want the deck to go in.

Ok then definitely go with Vanilluxe and victini:)
So I'll take out Kyurem and Feraligatr and add in 3-2-2 vileplume!
Now the main issue is that I need a starting Pokemon! Any ideas?? Thanks!

1 Cleffa is all you would want if you wanted a starter, but it's more of a tech to remedy bad hands. 1 or 2 Pichu would probably be ok as well as alot of players would instantly go after Oddish once it hits the bench, so with Pichu you could get out 2 Oddish a Vanillite while still having that supporter option for the turn. Apart from that there wouldn't be anything wrong with starting with Vanillite to get that T2 Vanilluxe. i would still also suggest a 1-1 line of Suicune Entei legend to get around Reuniclus.

Ok ive made a tonne of changes to this deck and now focuses on Vanilluxe and victini an vileplume! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
-3 Kyurem
-3-1-2 Feraligatr
-3 switch
-3 junkarm
-1 communication
-2 energy retrieval
-3 catcher
-2 Oaks theory
-2 dce

+1-1-0 Vanilluxe
+3-2-2 vileplume
+2 Pichu
+1 Cleffa
+1-1 Suicune Entei Legend
+3 Cheren
+3 sages training
+3 twins
+2 water energy

Thanks!!!

I love the idea, maybe you should either take one water out for a rainbow or fire, I like to use SEL's other attack to. I play google and I ran through tyram with just SEL, no set-up. with bursting inferno you can one shot any fire pokemon every turn. it can also kill donphan

Ok so I've
-1 water
+1 rainbow

Is there anything else this deck needs or is it looking solid?

THANKS!!

EDIT: I'm not sure about having both Cryogonal and SEL. Are they both ok to use in this deck or should I change the two Cryogonal to something else? If so what else would for nicely in this deck?
EDIT 2: never mind! Im just going to stick with the two Cryogonal because the legend will take longer to get out!

Thanks!!!

-1-1 Suicune Entei Legend
-1 Rainbow NRG

+1 Vanilluxe
+1 Fliptini
+1 Twins or something else

There's no need for SEL since, as you previously stated, it takes too long to get out, but not only that...

You don't really need SEL to snipe Reuniclus's. Why?

Say you're up against google:
You can OHKO their Donphans with 1 hit from Cryogonal, so that's that... OR
you can just maintain the paralysis lock on Donphan until they can't move anymore counters around

Or if you're up against GOTH:
Their Goths will be paralyzed continuously so you don't need to worry about Reuniclus moving damage counters around. Their bench will stack up on counters, they may bring up a Zekrom, OHKO your Vanilluxe, but then you can just bring something up and do at least 10 dmg to revenge KO their Zekrom. Or, if instead of a Zekrom, they bring up a fully charged Gothitelle and KO your active Vanilluxe, bring up another Vanilluxe & maintain the paralysis lock.

Since SEL's going out of the picture, you don't need Rainbow NRG.

I'd add a Vanilluxe because you may be able to get that out T2, which is better than nothing. While Vileplume is preferred to come out first, if Vanilluxe pops up before Vileplume, might as well play that first.

The extra Fliptini is if...
1 Victini is prized
The other is getting sniped to death by Yanmegas (or Kingdras on the bench)

Sure, the Yanmega would be paralyzed by Victini + Vanilluxe, but not before the Mega gets a snipe on the Victini. Then when the Yanmega's finally KO'd, the opponent would bring up another Yanmega and finish sniping the Victini. If your Victinis are gone, your chances of victory are much slimmer.

The Twins is a personal choice, but even I think twice on using a full set of 4 Twins. It's up to you really.

Otherwise, the deck looks solid. This will certainly be one I'll be building :-D VVV for Victory.

Yeah I definitely see what you mean :) I'll
-1-1 SEL
-1 Rainbow energy

+0-0-1 Vanilluxe
+ 1 fliptinI
+1 twins

How would one flowershop lady go? As a recovery under trainer lock it would help by getting victini, energy etc back. And I would take out either one Cheren or one sages? What do you think??

EDIT: I'm going to
-1 sages training
+1 flowershop lady

Thanks!!

The FSL doesn't help the consistency, may help in the long run but as far as I know, none of the current metadecks have any FSL in them. It's a personal choice i.e. it's up to you. After all, it's your deck! Hope it works out well.

Hmmm.. Well when I start testing I'll try with fsl and without and I'll see what works! Just whenever I make a deck I always feel like there should be some way of recovering energy etc! But if it doesn't work I'll stick with three sages:)

Thanks for all your help!! :)

uhh i dont see the value for n in this deck... Juniper and Cheren and Sages provide plenty of Draw Power so i dont really see the need for it!

Thanks for your suggestion anyway though :)

So i have started testing on the deck now that the NV cards are out and i made some changes and also encountered issues.
First off the changes:
-1 Pichu
-1 Cheren
-1 Twins

+1-1 Cincinno line (BW) < I noticed the deck had 61 cards so I took out a twins because I didnt need four.

I have been testing against ZPST, googlebox, and Reshiboar, and in tests the decks hasnt lost once. its been close with matches coming down to the final prize but VVV pulls through with paralysis etc. In my testing I have found that Pichu isnt needed at all, twins is rarely used but I would still keep two for those slow starts, the third Victini isnt needed, cryogonal isnt exactly needed as with Vanilluxe paralysing everything googlebox's Donphans are rendered useless.
So if I were to:
-1-1 Cincino line
-1 Pichu
-1 Victini
-1 Twins
-2 Cryogonal

I have multiple spare slots but Im not sure what else the deck needs.
Any and all ideas are much appreciated :)
THANKS!

Squirtle Squad has been given permission to post. ~Gliscor

A much more consistent build of this deck:

Pokemon (22)

4 Mew Prime
3-2-2 Vileplume UD
2-2 Sharpedo TR
0-2 Muk UD
0-0-2 Vanilluxe NV
3 Victini (Victory Star)

Trainers/Supporters (24)

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Twins
4 Rare Candy
4 N

Energies (14)

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Psychic
3 Water
3 Dark

Deck Total: 60

Hope it helps...

Hey! Thanks for your suggestion but Im happy with the majority of the deck and how it runs im just looking for ways to replace a select few unneeded cards so it runs smoother. :)
What else would work in the deck to replace pichu, cincinno and cyrogonal?
Any and all help is appreciated and will be considered!

THANKS!!

You can probably take out the Ciccino line for a Buffolant and a DCE, which helps you retreat Vileplume if they use Bellsprout to drag it up, as well as pretty much do what Cinccino does.

ok yeah ill try that!
-1-1 Cincinno line
+1 Bouffalant
+1 DCE
And I think I might swap one of the Cryogonals, or the one pichu for the other Cryogonal that has the attack like bellsprout to bring up any bench sitters!
And Im also thinking of a 1-1 Dodrio line. How would that go?

EDIT!!:
I made some further changes that Im happy with:
-1 DCE
-1 Pichu
-1 Cryogonal
-1 Twins

+1-1 Dodrio (If Vileplume is dragged up then there will be no need for the DCE to retreat)
+1 Cryogonal (The other one that can drag up bench sitters and return to hand)
+1 FSL (In testing this has been a really helpful card as with the low damage output the games are long and the deck has come close to running out but FSL has helped to put energy back in and allows me to get a full Vanilluxe line back into the deck in case I need them at the end)

How are these changes?? Is there anything else the deck needs at this stage?
THANKS!

Some changes have been made to the deck!:
-2 Cryogonals
-1 Victini
-1 Gloom
-1 Collector

+2 PETM
+2 PONT
+1 Twins

Is there anything else the deck needs??
THANKS!!

Back