Venusaur from Dark Rush

samhink1

This is the ultimate showdown.
I looked at the Dark Rush scans as did most members. I noticed the Venusaur but not many have been talking about it. I think it might be a good tech if it isn't too slow. Here it is.

Venusaur – Grass – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Ivysaur

Ability: Floral Scent
Choose 1 Pokemon card from your deck, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. This ability can be used 1 time during your turn.

[G][G][C][C] Poison Powder: 70 damage. The opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 4

Contrary to popular opinion, this card is amazing.

I don't know if anybody remembers back when Nidoqueen Delta was in the format, but it had this same power. It definitely saw some play. The 40HP boost is great with Catcher around, but the retreat sucks. Nidoqueen's attack was great, too. Still, any way to search or draw cards in this format that can stay on the field is amazing (see Magnezone, Ninetales.)

The downside of the card is that you have to take up a lot of space in your deck to make it work. It can only be paired with one Stage 2, and then maybe a Stage 1 line. At most. It will definitely be interesting to see what combos people come up with for it, though.

Back