Vessels and Vitality — Roaring Moon Is Broken

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! Paradox Rift has just arrived as the newest TCG expansion, and it has so many interesting cards. This set is undeniably good, and it will likely continue the trend of us seeing a relatively open metagame with a variety of different viable decks. I have been playing a bit with the new cards already, but there is still much to explore. I am interested to see how the metagame develops from here. Today, I want to discuss the state of the meta as well as some of the more interesting new cards. After that, I’ll be going more in-depth on Roaring Moon ex, which is the most powerful attacker in the set.
State of the Meta
SV04_EN_89.png

To start off, it seems like many of the decks that were good in the previous format will stay...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a 2-2-2 line?
2 lines of cards which are the main focus of the deck being either the attacker or supporting mons to help the wincon, they would be 2 mew ex, 2 squawk, and 2 morpeko even though some don't do a 2-2-2 line

Good to know that even in other TCG's, people still overact to good cards.

so im confused as to iron valiant being called good. if there was ever a clunky engine Iron Valiant is that...just because it can blow up a 1 prizer early game that really isnt cause to say hey this is a super strong card, because when that deck loses steam it loses steam hard.

Surprising take on Iron Valiant was overshadowed by the surprising take on nuclear power plants

so im confused as to iron valiant being called good. if there was ever a clunky engine Iron Valiant is that...just because it can blow up a 1 prizer early game that really isnt cause to say hey this is a super strong card, because when that deck loses steam it loses steam hard.
Iron Valiant IS good, just an Iron Valiant focused deck isn't good (at least in Standard...). Having a copy as an additional attack that can take prizes outside of attacking in Giratina, Lost Box, or Gardevoir isn't bad at all (especially since you don't need to put it into Iron Hands range to use it as an attacker like you do with the other attackers in the deck), and running a couple of copies for the ability alone in the Rapid Strike deck seems pretty nice too to abuse Yoga Loop even better.

Still think Iron Hands is the strongest of the 3 big Paradox Pokemon, because while Roaring Moon ex is the focus of an extremely powerful deck, Iron Hands fits into roughly half of the best standard decks right now, such as Lost Box, Chien Pao, Miraidon, Lugia, and even Charizard-ex.

Back