VGC 2011-2012 Rules

Red Striker said:
Okay, I'm almost sure I know the answer to this, but I'm just checking. I keep coming accross trolls online who say Keldeo will be usable at Worlds because the rules only say anything about pokes #001-646, but nothing about #647 (Keldeo). I was wondering if it would actually be usable (though I'm sure it won't be).
A note: The rules for the VGC have been the same for the whole season. New releases will not affect that.

Also, another note: Event-exclusive Pokemon are never allowed. Afaik, Keldeo falls into that category.

I saw this thread and wondered what on earth I could possibly want in this thread

then I saw no one ever answered my question

if I name my Pokemon the name of an english Pokemon that isn't in my Pokedex (like Genesect), would I get banned? It's not like they can say I have the name of a Pokemon when Genesect is not in the pokedex.

if I name my Pokemon the name of an english Pokemon that isn't in my Pokedex (like Genesect), would I get banned? It's not like they can say I have the name of a Pokemon when Genesect is not in the pokedex.
I'd assume the answer is yes if it's within the pool of 001-646 (released Pokemon). I'm not sure if it would apply for technically unrevealed Pokemon, but I think it would anyway...because they're not unrevealed anymore.

I answered your question for you earlier. There is also the fact it is coded into the game. Similar to how Mew only is in the Pokedex for RBY if you captured it. This is exactly the same thing.

You can probably use either one. I'm not sure since I've only played one year.

Alvee777 said:
Next year will the tournament be B/W2 AND B/W or just B/W2?
I am going to assume that BW2 will also be involved. It has not been announced yet, so stay tuned.

I have a terrakion that was obtained via rng that was received by a trade and may or may not have been cloned with an ar. If it was cloned with an action replay, will the hack detector pick it up? Thanks.

If it was cloned with an action replay, will the hack detector pick it up?
I don't think so. I haven't ever been subjected to a hack check, but I have used cloned Pokemon in VGC before, and I did pass the initial sign-up process.
However, the next time I go to VGC, I will ask to be hack checked. Someone remind me.

Back