VGC Training/Discussion Thread

Hack checkers, man. To my knowledge, they have you take your gamecard and put it into a white DS Lite hardwired to a big white box that somehow does hack checking. But since they're using IR this year, I'm not sure of how it will work.

kazzar said:
ruggercaz said:
Its a long shot, but I hope i can go to Birmingham.

Same as me. who knows, maybe we'll both go and end up in the final battle together, assuming we both go in the masters division. which I am
Unfortunately you'd have to get past me first :p.

Anyways about the hack checking, last year they simply took your game cartridge and put it into a DSi for literelly five seconds, then removed it and put it into a sealed transparent bag which is only allowed to be opened by staff (this only happens after the Finalist's Lounge).

I'll be going to Newark in the master's division, so good luck to all that will be battling there, because you're gonna need it because the competition looks like its going to be tough, but I'm in it to win it ;D

o Ace trainer im going to masters in newark too (even though when you click on the location its actually not in newark)

I got destroyed in the uber metagame last year, but since im actually facing people around my age this year, I'm planning to win it. so good luck.

im gonna try competiing without all the overpowered ones such as hydreigon, volcorona, and conkelder....

Three weeks to my VGC and still haven't decided on a team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3rPq7jao0Q - VGC Seattle Masters Finals 2011

Trick Room....

Good thing my team is a counter to it.

And as I see, the Genies are popular...

my friend, pokeplayer44, and i will be going to the one in atlanta in senior division. and ive been trying to find a map of the gwinnett center, but i cant find one. :p any help?

Where would the closest one to Toronto be? Or do you have to be a US citizen?

I'm still debating whether or not to try and play.

pokemaster563 said:
my friend, pokeplayer44, and i will be going to the one in atlanta in senior division. and ive been trying to find a map of the gwinnett center, but i cant find one. :p any help?

Here.

http://www.gwinnettcenter.com/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fgwinnet-area-map-2_01.jpg&width=800m&height=600m&md5=cdf57151e149cfbb2f7336d8a0c0ed50&contentHash=37e51f014fd75d6c1b896c855833d50e

pokemon99 said:
Where would the closest one to Toronto be? Or do you have to be a US citizen?

I'm still debating whether or not to try and play.

You don't have to be a U.S. citizen, and your cartridge won't be booted since it's North American.

Looks like Newark, New Jersey would be the closest to Toronto, at a distance of about 751 km, followed by Washington, D.C. (783 km).

Thanks Chari.

Looks like I won't be coming this year. I'll have to wait and hope something happens in buffalo!

I have an important question. What forms of cheating can I use to make the Pokemon I want that CANNOT be detected by the VGC staff?

Don't take my word for it, but pretty much anything that doesn't directly affect the Pokemon, like IV changes, stat changes, illegal movesets, etc.

Stuff like cloning, IV checking, encounter codes, etc. should be fine.

encounter codes are a no-no, they can check what level they were cought at, for example, someone could put a Landorus met at lv. 35 or so. but if you make it look legit as in Thundurus cought at level 40 at route 7 would be okay. and they check that. anything that you can view from the summary of the pokemon is a no-no. where its met at, what level, move sets, and abilities are all they check. and this was of 2009 as i cheated on my platinum to get items, and they didnt know. :D item cheats or anything not viewable by pokemon summary is okie dokie.

Chariblaze said:
Hack checkers, man. To my knowledge, they have you take your gamecard and put it into a white DS Lite hardwired to a big white box that somehow does hack checking. But since they're using IR this year, I'm not sure of how it will work.

the way it will work, is when they register your team, it will check then. as you put your team in your battle box, then connect to the tournament signal and then they check your team, and youre in the tournament.

Ok, well I have an R4 card with Pokemon Black on it. I was wondering if those pokemon on there, if i traded them to a real copy, would be competitive legal and/or legal to trade them (as in not flag my game or someone else)? I had the R4 first to test the game, then i bought White and I had some good trained pokemon on there.

Going to the Meadowlands as a Senior. This format is pretty weird imo. Teams aren't really diverse. Genies, Mushroom, Terakion, Jellicent, Whimsicott are almost on every team. The three most popular team types that I've seen so far are Tailwind, Trick Room, and just Plain offense. Ice type moves are absurdly useful.

@above it should be fine, not too sure on that though.

Im sticking with a Genie, just to counter TR. So far, my team is;

Thundurus, Meinshao, Hydreigon, Siesmitoad, and Conkeldurr.

Sadly, the only 1 I have in my game and ready is Thundurus right now

@Hipoke

Did you go to Regionals last year?

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Ok, well I have an R4 card with Pokemon Black on it. I was wondering if those pokemon on there, if i traded them to a real copy, would be competitive legal and/or legal to trade them (as in not flag my game or someone else)? I had the R4 first to test the game, then i bought White and I had some good trained pokemon on there.

i dont think so. i know what i an R4 is, i just dont know who its run by, like the company. since i dont know, ill leave on this.
If the R4 is run by nintendo (which i doubt) then it would be okay, but if its not, don't even think about it or youll get more flags then the fourth of july.

also, does any one have a timid/hasty/naive natured thundurus that they would be willing to let me borrow? i need one for my team. if you do, please PM me asap.

pokemaster563 said:
Sleeping Snorlax said:

i don't think so. i know what i an R4 is, i just don't know who its run by, like the company. since i don't know, ill leave on this.
If the R4 is run by nintendo (which i doubt) then it would be okay, but if its not, don't even think about it or youll get more flags then the fourth of July.

also, does any one have a timid/hasty/naive natured thundurus that they would be willing to let me borrow? i need one for my team. if you do, please PM me asap.

R4s are run unofficialy by a separate company, like Datel and AR. But for the main question:

The Assassin said:
In terms of PUSA's ability to detect hacks, or even cheats from AR, don't worry about it. I used straight pokesav'd pokemon at VGC '10 and i had no problems, 3 other people used clones of my same team, all got checked, and came up clean. I used the same SID checker for AR, so don't worry about it buddy.

Of course, that doesn't really help. I think there's another quote around here somewhere. Someone once said that someone was arrested for bringing an R4/other flash cart to an event, though I can't remember who at the moment. Might have been a rumor, I vaguely remember this.

Back