• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VictoryPlume (Vileplume+Victreebel)! (Seniors, Any Event)

Does this deck have potential to be viable in the current Metagame?

• Total voters
VictoryPlume!

Ever since I first saw the card translations for Clash at the Summit (I knew we would get the cards eventually), I was planning different decks that I could make with the Victreebel. I eventually forgot about it, until a few days before the PreRelease when I was looking at the scans again. I decided to try it with Vileplume, as because of Victreebel's Pokebody, your opponent's Pokemon has to discard 2 more energy to retreat, stopping SP's and other Metagame cards from retreating for free. Well, SP's have PokeTurn and other decks have Switch/Warp Point which easily get rid of their retreating problem, so I put in Vileplume to stop them from using Trainers like that. The reason that I want to keep them active is because of Victreebel's Attack, which does 30 damage (50 with Expert Belt), as well as healing Victreebel by 30 damage and Poisoning and Burning your opponent's Pokemon. Combine this with Shaymin LV.X (Land Forme) and Expert Belt, you have a 170 HP Tank that is healing 30 per turn as well as pretty much locking your opponent active and slowly knocking them out with Poison and Burn. You can also use Memory Berry to be able to use Bellsprout's attack Inviting Scent, which will allow you to drag up one of your opponent's Pokemon that you can either lock active or KO next turn. I have found that Leafeon UD is excellent in this deck (thanks to Card Slinger J for the idea) and a great surprise card, as the turn after you attack with Victreebel, play down Leafeon with BTS, attach a energy, and retreat Victreebel to attack for 100 with Miasma Wind. Dodrio is there to help with Vileplume's and Victreebel's retreat cost, as well as anything else that you need to retreat. Oh yeah, the reason the deck is called VictoryPlume is because it is possible to pronounce Victreebel "Vic-tor-ee-bell" as well as "Vic-tree-bel," not because I think it's always going to be victorious (but it might be... lol).

Pokemon: 27
4-3-4 Victreebel TR
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
1-1 Leafeon UD
1-1 Shaymin LV.X
1-1 Dodrio UD
2-1 Uxie Lv.X
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S: 22
3 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
3 BTS
3 Copycat
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Department Store Girl
2 Expert Belt
2 Memory Berry
2 Rare Candy
3 Seeker

Energy: 11
7 Grass Energy
3 Rescue Energy
1 Warp Energy

The rest of the strategy is simple. Bebe's Search, Pokemon Collector, and Pokemon Communication for search. Rare Candy and BTS for speed, Seeker to scoop up damaged Victreebel from your bench and more importantly allow you to scoop up Vileplume from your bench so that you can play your Tainers (and then play it down again with BTS), as well as the very rare donk (almost impossible) where you need to get one of your opponent's Pokemon back to their hand, or to reuse a Uxie/Azelf. Copycat far bad hands as well as if your opponent has tons of cards in their hand from Trainer Lock (so you can copy it). Uxie for drawpower, Azelf to get Pokemon from your prizes, and Dodrio to give all your Pokemon free retreat (with it PokeBody). Expert Belt to add damage because of Victreebel's low damage output. Department Store Girl to get important Expert Belts and Memory Berries (because I have terrible luck drawing into them). Rescue Energy for quick recovery and Palmer's to get back energy and Shaymin LV.X if it get's KOed. Warp Energy in case your opponent drags up Vileplume/something else that shouldn't be active and you can't get back to the bench any other way.

What do you think about this deck? Do you think it has potential? I haven't tested it that much, but every game the main strategy of the deck is achieved and used.

~A+G

have you ever thought of using jumpluff HS? it would be a good idea because your using shaymin lv.x.

Well, Jumpluff is more of a deck on it's own rather than a tech, and fitting in another Stage 2 probably wouldn't be the best idea. The deck could work with Jumpluff, but I don't think I'll put it in this list.

Thank you for the suggestion!
~A+G

take out 1 BTS and Uxie X for 1-1 dodrio because it helps more with victreebell and it does good for your high retreat cost on vileplume.

@charmanzard979: Dodrio would be good in this deck, but I don't think I'll take out the Uxie X. I might take out 1 BTS and 1 Seeker for a 1-1 line.

Thanks for your suggestion,
~A+G

I tried Victreebel/Vileplume at league this weekend and it's surprisingly good. You NEED 4 Spiritomb to start the trainer lock from turn 1 and get your evolutions out faster. Take out 2 Expert Belts for 2 Memory Berries. Bellsprout's Inviting Scent attack is part of what makes this deck work because you can drag up something with no energy on it and restrict its retreating options with the Tangling Tendrils Poke-Body. With some luck, their Pokemon will be knocked out going into your turn, so you can Inviting Scent another victim. Add 4 Call Energy for consistant starts and because every Pokemon in the deck (except Azelf) has at least 1 [C] in its attack cost. It is also to prevent donks on account of many of the basics having very low hp. Add the second Gloom. Finding your 1 Gloom is prized while trying to Darkness Grace can set you back a turn and give your opponent a chance to prevent the lock from being set up. You also don't want to waste the bench space on Azelf, I think it's unnecessary in this deck. Take out 2 Rare Candy and add a fourth Pokemon Collector and fourth Bebe's Search. Judge is useful for messing up their trainer-filled hand, as is Twins, which should be a staple in every deck. I haven't tried Shaymin LV. X or Dodrio, so I won't comment on those.

I like most of your suggestions, but I think that our decks are both very different in strategy. Yours is focusing more on complete Trainer Lock, while mine is focused more on tanking and locking your opponent active with Victreebel. I really like the Memory Berry idea, so I'll add a couple of those and some Call Energy too. I believe that Spiritomb is unnecessary in my version of the deck (though I might test it), and I don't really like the idea of taking out a couple Rare Candy as I never seem to draw into them when I need them most.

Thanks,
~A+G

-2 Unown Q
-1 Pokemon Cummication
-1 Expert Belt

+1 Solrock [Triumphant] [TR?]
+1 Lunatone [SV]
+1 Luxury Ball
+1 BTS

I don't think the Unown help you to much as you have Dodrio for your retreat. Since you want to tank, and you have such low damage I was think that if they healed useing Garchomp C or Nidoqueen it would hurt you alot. Also, if they sniped out your Lunatone or Solrock. It would harm you almost as much. So you use the TR Solrock for the heal block, and SV Lunatone for the Marvel Eyes wich prevents all effects of attack including damage done by Lv. S's to your Lunatones and Solrocks. If you do not like this I suggest putting in a 1-1 Dodrio line to increase your chances of getting it.

I took out the Comm. for a Luxary Ball because it is the same thing only you don't have to put something back. I took out the Expert Belt because with 4 you seem to get to it to often, and you can only use 3 a game anyway. The BTS seems very importent to this deck and with 2 you may not get it enough, but again 4 is to much.

I have not been able to play it and all of this is based on paper. I hope I could help you.

The reason I use Communication instead of Luxury Ball is because Luxury Ball does not allow me to grab a LV.X, which can be extremely important if I need Shaymin or Uxie. I will try the Solrock and Lunatone combo, but I'm not very partial to it because of the bench space they take up. I will take out the Unown Q's, as I just had them there as a precaution. I actually have reduced the number of Expert Belt's in the deck to 2, but I haven't updated the decklist, so I will find something else to take out for a 3rd BTS.

Thank you!
~A+G

Ever hear of the term, thing's aren't always how they appear? Really your having to setup a lv.x and a stage 2 tank, and not to mention that your stage 2 tank has x2 weakness. If your main line attacker was a scizor prime or SF I would be more concerned as either of them would do incredibly well with this deck list. Everything seems fine it's just victreebel (not to mention that alot of people usually put in warp point or switch so victreebel's body seems useless). cya

@varit: Ever hear of "Bellsprout-Rare Candy-Victreebel" or "BTS-Bellsprout-Weepinbell-Victreebel"? Or what about "Oddish-Rare Candy-Vileplume" and "BTS-Oddish-Gloom-Vileplume"? Really, it is not as hard as you think it is to set up two Stage 2's. The LV.X is also quite easy to set up, as if they knock out your Pokemon then you just send out Shaymin, then search for the LV.X (or it is also likely that you also have it in your hand), level up, and retreat for 1 (or none if you have Dodrio). You don't have to have them all out by a certain turn, just as quick as you can and/or depending on the situation. And yeah, like anyone in my meta plays Charizard or anything with an Infernape 4, Blaziken FB, or other fire type tech that would make Victreebel's weakness a danger.

And what exactly did you mean in your last sentence...? It didn't really make sense to me... :/
~A+G

Where did you find that mass of words I did not type? cya

this is what it should say.

Ever hear of the term, thing's aren't always how they appear? Really your having to setup a lv.x and a stage 2 tank, and not to mention that your stage 2 tank has x2 weakness. If your main line attacker was a scizor prime or SF I would be more concerned as either of them would do incredibly well with this deck list. Everything seems fine it's just victreebel (not to mention that alot of people usually put in warp point or switch so victreebel's body seems useless). cya

Sorry I'm being an idiot by not understanding :)(), but what do you mean by "Everything seems fine it's just victreebel"? :/

~A+G

Uh, CommonCandy? I just realized that Solrock's PokePower states that damage counters cannot be removed from either players Pokemon, so that means I can't remove the damage counters on Victreebel with it's attack. So I don't think I will add in the Solrock and Lunatone after all....

~A+G

Yes, yes victreebel, my point is victreebel is not that much of a tank as it can go down to a blaziken FB uber fast (which seems to be a popular tech due to dialga), so maybe consider a ruthless fire tech to deal with your tanks x2 weakness. cya

Maybe.... But as I said, I don't see any fire decks in my area, so I don't feel like my weakness is too much of a danger for the deck.

~A+G

the point is wether or not there is weakenss advantage or disadvantage, you are still trying to run 2 different stage 2s in a format with no claydols, the only draw power is magnezone prime or uxie x (which really isn't good for stage 2 decks),and in a format alomst filled with sp decks.

He's running 3 bts so thats not the issue. I'm not talking about a fire deck I'm talking about a fire tech, Blaziken FB to be precise. If let's say, in your area at least 1-3 people are running DGX everyone in the respective ranking will want to tech in a blaziken FB Lv.x or something similar in speed to counter DGX, victreebel seems like a pretty simple tko if you take that into account. A tech not a deck. cya

Yes, even so, there is absolutely no DGX in my area's meta, so almost no one has a fire tech in their deck. I have only seen I tech, and that is Infernape 4 LV.X, but I'm not even sure the guy is still running it. Like, seriously, my area is almost entirely Luxchomp with a couple Vilegar. It's a very boring meta.

~A+G

i think you should play no trainers at all because if your playing vileplume you want to have just supporters and stadiums because than you can set up quicker than the opponent and not have to rely on trainers. My friend minimidget94 used to play duskplume and it was much better without trainers than with trainers because of vileplume.

Back