Vikavolt from Stellar Miracle!

That's the whole point? Imagine if you only had one print of a pokémon to use at a time. That makes deck building way more difficult. They keep printing the same pokémon so that you can mix and match, so you can use whatever print is better for that format or for what your deck needs.
I don't think this is accurate at all. Mixing and matching evolution line members isn't a big deal when the vast majority of evolving Basics and Stage 1s are not designed to be good in themselves at all and only are a stepping stone to the next Pokemon. There are cases where it does have the potential to matter significantly, such as this case, because this Charjabug has a good move that synergizes with TEF Vikavolt. Shady Dealings Drizzile and Inteleon being played with Quick Shooting Inteleon would be another great example (and multiple good Kirlia existing and being played in Gardevoir ex is another example, of course). But instances like this, while very cool, are rare. It's kind of a bummer in some ways, it would be nice if they tried harder to make evolving Pokemon more interesting, but they usually don't.

Also, I'm talking about the Pokemon featured, not the exact card name. Vikavolt V existing back in the SwSh days also contributes to Vikavolt being slightly overexposed IMO considering so many Pokemon haven't been printed in years. (It still boggles my mind Pichu hasn't been printed in over 10 years!!)

Yeah I don't get it...I like this line, but I don't get why they keep reprinting the same Pokemon when some Pokemon haven't been seen in years.
Yeah Vikavolt is literally my favorite Bug Pokemon but it is really weird to bring them back so soon if it's for no other reason like an AR

I don't think this is accurate at all. Mixing and matching evolution line members isn't a big deal when the vast majority of evolving Basics and Stage 1s are not designed to be good in themselves at all and only are a stepping stone to the next Pokemon. There are cases where it does have the potential to matter significantly, such as this case, because this Charjabug has a good move that synergizes with TEF Vikavolt. Shady Dealings Drizzile and Inteleon being played with Quick Shooting Inteleon would be another great example (and multiple good Kirlia existing and being played in Gardevoir ex is another example, of course). But instances like this, while very cool, are rare. It's kind of a bummer in some ways, it would be nice if they tried harder to make evolving Pokemon more interesting, but they usually don't.

Also, I'm talking about the Pokemon featured, not the exact card name. Vikavolt V existing back in the SwSh days also contributes to Vikavolt being slightly overexposed IMO considering so many Pokemon haven't been printed in years. (It still boggles my mind Pichu hasn't been printed in over 10 years!!)
It's not just abilities that matter. Different types, HPs and retreat costs are also important. Before Dragapult ex most decks could run a 60 hp basic with no downside. Now most run 70 hp when they are available, not having the option of another print would hurt a lot of decks. Same with Level Ball/ Buddy-Buddy Poffin, having a lower HP option can propel some decks while not having that option might make them unplayable. Gardevoir ex would not be a top deck without the different Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir prints. The thing is: it's good to have OPTIONS.

Also, Pichu was last printed in 2022.

So hear me out guys:
You go second and set up one Grubbin in the active and two one the bench, attach Exp Share to one of the benched ones, lightning energy to the active, and use Salvatore to evolve the active into the Charjabug in this article and attack with Line Up to get three more Charjabugs to the bench.
Then, the active gets KO'd, Exp Share moves the energy, and you promote the Grubbin with energy, use Rare Candy to evolve it into Vikavolt from Temporal Forces, recover the KO'd Charjabug with Night Stretcher from Shrouded Fable, and evolve the spare Grubbin into that. You then Lost Vacuum the Exp Share and attach Max Belt and an extra lightning energy to the active, and play Kieran for his damage boosting effect.
And congrats, we now have a highly inconsistent turn two attack for 520 damage to your opponent's active pokemon ex on a single prize pokemon. This is the meta we now get to look forward to, aren't y'all excited?

Back