• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VileGar: (Masters/Any)

ThirdEye

Magikarp Sushi mmmmm
*UPDATE 12/3* - Took out Unown Q and added Copycat (I don't like Unown Q and I have plenty of extra energy to retreat if need be.)

Pokemon: (26)
4: Gastly - SF
3: Haunter - TP
3: Gengar - SF
1: Gengar X - AR
2: Oddish - LA
2: Gloom - LA
2: VilePlume - UD
1: Eevee - RR
1: Umbreon - UD
1: Azelf - LA
2: Uxie - LA
4: Spiritomb - AR

Energy (14)
10: Psychic
2: Dark
2: Warp

Trainers/Stadium/Supporters (20)
Stadium:
3: Broken Time Space
1: Miasma Valley
Supporters:
2: Cyrus' Conspiracy
2: Seeker
2: Professor Oaks Theory
3: Pokemon Collector
3: Bebe's Search
1: Palmer's Contribution
2: Lookers Investigation
1: Copycat

Strategy: Basic Vilegar strategy. Umbreon to counter dialga, chompy, scizor, and others.

2 Uxies!!
-2 Cyclone

I'd still recommend a candy and lux ball.

Rather than just saying no uxie, explain to us why. I find I start getting really small hands early game and uxie is invaluable as its searchable. I used to not run uxie in vilegar and now i run two :/

Also copycats pretty good considering you should hopefully be building up their hand.
I also prefer 4 gastly to have a really good chance of starting with gastly or spiiritomb
Use tm haunter, free retreat is always awesome

I just don't like Uxie, it is a time waster and a bench warmer. Constantly attaching/wasting energy cards just to put them back into the deck. I have 3 PONT and I think that's plenty.

I have been studying all the weaknesses of VileGar. Regice, Dialga, Arceus, Garchomp, Dark and Psychic pokemon, etc... I remade my deck to counter all of these problems. Take a look and tell me what you think. This isnt a traditional VileGar deck, although I will still be focused, primarily, on trainer lock.

Pokemon: (23)
2: Gastly - SF
2: Haunter - TP
2: Gengar - SF
1: MewTwo - MD
1: MewTwo X - LA
1: Infernape SP - RR
1: Infernape SP X - RR
1: Azelf X - LA

Energy (16)
1: Rainbow
1: Double Colorless
12: Psychic

Trainers/Stadium/Supporters (21)
Stadium:
Supporters:
2: Cyrus' Conspiracy
3: Seeker
3: Professor Oaks Theory
1: Palmer's Contribution

Strategy - Start with Spiritomb and get vileplume and gengar evolved as quickly as possible. Get infernape ready and leveling him up and retreating (for no retreat cost) and switching with gengar to start. Azelf is there for support and counter any weakness my pokemon have. Using Infernape's Intimidating Roar whilst on my bench is key because I can switch my opponents pokemon at will (why waste time with cyclone energies? This way, its unlimited and I can choose who they switch with). I can bring up Dialga, RegIce, or any other unsuspecting benched pokemon and OHKO with MewTwo lvl X Giga Burn. MewTwo lvl X will also destroy an Arceus deck and any base or base lvl x pokemon by himself. I have plenty of Support cards to get my desired bench setup... I have no trainers because, like I said, this is based primarily on trainer lock. ANY thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

How you think this will play in a tourney would also be helpful :)

bump for edit.

In my honest opinion, it just won't work

The decklist is so overteched that you are hugely distracting from the main focus of the deck which is to trainer lock and hit big with poltergeist. The infernape 4 line is imo redundant in a deck like this when you're damage output is not consistent enough to warrant its use.
Also Azelf x should only be teched in if you have a serious problem with umbreon in your area, because it's not that big a deal tbh.
I do like mewtwo lv x in vilegar though

Seriously, you need 4 gastly and 4 spiritomb in order to really boost your chances of getting that turn 1 trainer lock, and imo 4 collectors should be used to set up the bench asap in order to get the start you want which is spiritomb active and gastly/haunter and oddish/gloom on the bench

If you're having trouble with regice getting rid of trainers from the hand with regimove, one little tech i've found to be quite useful is spiritomb tu, forcing them to have a fresh hand of 6 which i think is the most you can do in this format, but seeing as you dislike uxie for sitting on the bench, i doubt you'll like this tech either

I wanted to find a way to counter Dialga without sacrificing the entire theme of the deck. I thought of adding Gengar Prime instead... I can level down with gengar X and use the Hurl into Darkness attack. What do you think of this? I've added another Palmers contribution so I can recycle energy since Mewtwo X is a guzzler.

Pokemon: (24)
3: Gastly - SF
3: Haunter - TP
3: Gengar - 2 SF 1 TP
1: Mewtwo - MD
1: Mewtwo X - LA
1: Azelf X - LA

Energy (14)
10: Psychic
2: Cyclone

Trainers/Stadium/Supporters (22)
Stadium:
Supporters:
3: Cyrus' Conspiracy
2: Seeker
3: Professor Oaks Theory
2: Palmer's Contribution

You don't need the prime to counter dgx, simply levelling down is good enough as it makes the shuffle dgx back into their deck.

Gengar prime isn't necessarily a bad tech to put in, can help out at times but i've always thought three gengar sf for the consistency and keeping up the annoying fainting spell is probs the best idea

Uxie is a time waster? You draw a bunch of cards and then recycle him back into your deck so you can do it again. I don't think Azelf X is needed unless the metagame around you is filled with Umbreon. You also might want a fourth Gastly.

Use the "Edit" button...

Some decks run 2 Uxies and 3 PONT, but if you don t like them (just like me, who play a totally strange but really good deck that uses a Cynthia+Lucky egg system. Don t bother to try it, you will find it to sucky... not for me!), don t put them.

Look, you are probably doing all the techs for nothing. Everything has a weakness. Before, I had a sort of counter deck, which I put ONE Ambipom G because it can one hit with a DCE Garchomp C! Oh my god, I am going to beat luxchomp!!! You know what is your weakness now? Your deck become too unconsistent and in game, when you are going to draw a Azelf Lv.X, you are going to say:"Wow, my azelf is dead, and I am playing against Machamp, Wow..."

In the end, I suggest you to just stick with the trainer lock and go for it.

I don't think Mewtwo is needed. What does he really do? Take that out and the Azelf X (unless you have a really good reason for keeping him in). Replace them with a 4th Gastly and 2 Uxies.

Have you renewed your list or WHAT? 16 Energies? In a normal deck, there is 13-14 energies. As you are going to put some uxies, remove 2 Psychic. I don t know and I haven t try it but put some Rescue.

Back