• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vileplume/Regice

Crist_Freak

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me a suggestion or a tip about this deck that I'm gonna start using it. I was running a Vileplume/Giratina wich it's pretty cool too, but I think has 2 disadvantages:

1- Giratina is an EX pokemon.
2- Jirachi can easily destroy him.

And 3 advantages to use Regice:

1- It's not an EX pokemon.
2- Ressistance Blizzard it's a very useful attack.

Anyway here it's my deck:

Pokemon
3-Regice.
4-Unown
2-Shaymin Ex.
2-Oddish
2-Gloom
2-Vileplume
1-Jirachi

Trainers
4-Forest of Giant Plants.
4-Trainer's mail.
4-Ultra ball.
4-Level ball.
1-Heavy Ball.
3-Float stone.
2-Fighting fury belt.
1-Revitalizer.
2-Lysandre.
4-N.
3-Sycamore.
1-Olympia.
1-Team Flare Grunt.
1-Pokemon Ranger.

Energy
4-Double Colorless energy.
5-Water energy.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you are missing VS Seekers. With the item lock playing a full four might not be necessary, but you'll want at least two I would think just in case. I would drop the heavy ball and one Unown.

Also, sometimes throwing in one Hex Maniac can be helpful. You can turn off your item lock for a turn. You risk giving your opponent a turn of items, but in some matches it won't matter if they have discarded a bunch with Sycamore already.

I would suggest to cut some items here is an example of a trainer lineup for Vileplume ToolBox:

4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Lysandre
2 Ninja Boy

4 Trainers’ Mail
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball

4 Forest of Giant Plants

Also I would suggest to include manaphy-ex since you are playing water energies and it helps a lot to get a stuck vileplume out of the active spot.

You should also not play any one of supporters in a deck like this, because you can't really recover them with VS-Seeker anyway. So if you want to play a Supporter put in 2 or more of them. And a 3-3-3 line of Vileplume is better IMO.

Back