Finished Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Game Over! Town Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Night 1! Night ends @ 9:30am CET Thurs Feb 19

Left to their own devices, the guests of the party mill about, grabbing drinks from the Machamp servers and snacking on the sushi. Although none of them have any concrete reason to be concerned, they all have a kind of peculiar feeling, like butterflies in their stomachs, and they find themselves looking at the other party guests with suspicious eyes. Something is in the air. They can all feel it; after all, having good instincts is a requirement to be a successful member of any of the various Pokémon Leagues. Although no idle visitor would have been able to notice it, a change falls over the party at that moment, as each guest tries to figure out the source of their subconscious anxiety and root out the problem.

It’s hard to see everything that’s going on with all the people milling about, but a few actions stand out. Someone releases a Pokémon that takes a snack from a passerby, and another trainer releases a Pokémon that flies up into the air and looks down on the party from above. Yet another trainer shows off the power of Mega Evolution, a truly inspiring sight!

Poor SquirtleSquad seems to be having a rough time, though. A bad headache causes him to redirect his focus, but then a boot flies through the air, knocking him in the head. In the confusion, someone steals his Pokéball and then…

With a flash and a bang, a strange mechanical device appears out of nowhere. People are coughing and can’t see through the smoke very well, but everyone can see enough to see that Squirtle Squad’s Pokéball and someone else’s Pokéball are both inserted into the machine, then forcefully traded. With a shower of sparks and another blinding cloud of smoke, the machine and its shadowy operators disappear without a trace.

After the hubbub settles down, everyone notices that Falkner is missing from the party. They begin to look around for him and finally find him knocked out with some kind of gas, slumped over and sleeping beneath a tree. His hair is disheveled, and someone spray painted “Team Rocket Was Here! Indigo League is a Bunch of Losers!” on his jacket and shorts. When he wakes up, he’s so embarrassed that he says his goodbyes quickly and runs off, leaving the party. Vom was killed! He was Falkner, a Gym Leader of the Johto League, and an innocent member of the Indigo League faction.

“Hey, everyone!” Assistant Athena calls out breathlessly as she runs out from Professor Oak’s house. “I have bad news! There was just a special bulletin announced on TV that Team Rocket’s activities are picking up! The Professor thinks they might try to target the party, so be on the lookout for any suspicious characters, okay?”

Kirie looks rather befuddled when she realizes that no one is particularly surprised at this announcement.

Daybreak 2!

By now, all PMs should be sent out and everyone is allowed to post again. I do not typically send PMs just to confirm actions (nor to those who did not act and did not have anything done to them that would require communication), so if you acted and did not receive a PM, this simply means that your action worked as usual and required no information or confirmation.

If you notice any potential mistakes in either the Nightplot or in your PM, or if you did not receive a PM and you think you should have, or if you have any other questions, please PM me!

For the record, the Nightplot does not contain all Night actions, only a small selection of them.

As of this post, I shall now begin updating the player’s list in OP with those who have died, within a spoiler so those who choose to read along with the game will not be spoiled.

As a reminder, all voting should be done with ##verb: playername and unvoting with ##unverb: playername, including the bolding in addition to the ##. Any private question can be directed to me via PM, but any public questions, etc. should be prefaced with @Athena: question so I don't miss them.

It will take a total weight of 13 votes to reach the Majority lynch today. This total includes any potential hidden vote weight that will not be shown in the public tallies. If no Majority is reached by 1pm CET* on Sunday, February 22nd, the Day will then end, and the person with the highest vote weight at that point will be lynched. (* - 7am Eastern, 6am Central, or 4am Pacific; otherwise approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone, plus 7 minutes)

RE: Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Day 2 is here! And so is Team Rocket?!

Ok so I got targeted by three abilities last night.. From what I can gather from Athenas long detailed PM that I got the scum had a field day stopping Voms plan...

Firstly: My target was switched from Vom to Lenny...
Observation1: this is a scum or indie power, obviously trying to prevent Voms plan.
Not sure if this clear Lenny in any way? Why did they choose Lenny?

Secondly: My ability was blocked altogether, because I got hit in the head with a boot! Who does that!?
Observation2: role blocker is also scum or indie,.. This player is the opposite faction to the one who targetedme with the target switching ability

Thirdly: my Pokeball was switched with a player who I'm not naming just yet. I can potentially soft clear them as town but I'll need all of your help. I lost my steelix and it was traded for a Primeape. My initial thought was Chuck, but butch and Cassidy had a Primeape at some point didn't they? So there's a chance the person I was switched with is scum, depends on how they act with my steelix!
Question! @the person who now has my steelix (I know who you are): READ THROUGH MY ROLE, you can clear me as town!! If you do not clear me then you're probably scum...

Observation3: this ability was more than likely from a scum player!
The player I was forced to trade with is barely active so obviously the scum want the healing power in the hands of a less active person who they can just kill off later or get them modkilled for inactivity.

Observation4: Jarizard must have used an ability which auto-lynched bb. Whilst it was a pretty dumb move, I'm inclined to believe that Jarizard is town, simply because what scum member would get an ability that auto lynches a player!? That would be OP.

Tldr: Indies exist I think
One anti town faction can switch a player's target
One anti town faction can role block
One anti town faction switched poke balls,

Sorry for the rushed nature of this post... I had written it more detailed but my iPad froze midtyping so I had to do it again :(

I find it strange that you were specifically mentioned in the update, just before the kill. You didn't happen to have anything to do with the kill did you?

Case from me in 1 hour.

I think it's safe to say that both Squirtle Squad and Jarizard are clear, SS by the obviously scum-related actions that were used against him, and Jarizard by the nature of his ability. Although it's a shame it was wasted on bbninjas right away... But I guess there's nothing we can do about that now.

@Squirtle Squad
So you know who has the protection ability now, right?

@Jeremy
There's almost no way SS could be scum, considering everything that happened to him. I doubt that he has any relation to the nightkill.

Here is all I've found from reading back from the beginning.
Squirtle Squad said:
So does anyone have any worthwhile information to aid this RVS or are we gonna go with Jackals option :p
SS actually appears to not mind CJ's method of random lynching.

Lenny said:
It's been a while since we've had a real day one, RVS here we go m8

##Bye: Chaos Jackal
This doesn't actually appear like RVS since at the time that this was posted CJ was under heat.

Squirtle Squad said:
Can this day period just end yet? / lynch an inactive person and actually start this game?
This is pretty self explanatory.

rev3rsor said:
Hey Athena, I'm inclined to believe that you missed my vote (post 132), but never mind because ##UNOMGUS: Vom

welp, no more RVS for me. and yeah, claiming is going to be much less effective if scum have safe claims. This looks to be a bit stacked against us so far...
The bolded part is what bothers me. We lost 1 member so that in no way makes things stacked against us. Scum tends to like to "brag" in posts like this.

Luispipe8 said:
##Unvote: bbninjas
brb, need to check up on SS' posts for a minute.
He's most probably not town since all he has done is bandwagoning and making random posts, but want to make sure before I place my vote.
This just reeks of town.

Squirtle Squad said:
Also @Camoclone: if you cannot be targeted how could you get a PM from Lance??
I missed this last time I read so I'll answer now. The specific wording on my role is "most" so I guess Lance's letter is just one of those abilities that I can't run away.

Squirtle Squad said:
Bb or camo are antitown (at least one) unless indies exist in which case one is indie one is scum.
This was OMGUS at the time. Notice how he doesn't follow through.

Squirtle Squad said:
Ok so I got targeted by three abilities last night.. From what I can gather from Athenas long detailed PM that I got the scum had a field day stopping Voms plan...

Firstly: My target was switched from Vom to Lenny...
Observation1: this is a scum or indie power, obviously trying to prevent Voms plan.
Not sure if this clear Lenny in any way? Why did they choose Lenny?
Probably inactive...

Secondly: My ability was blocked altogether, because I got hit in the head with a boot! Who does that!?
Observation2: role blocker is also scum or indie,.. This player is the opposite faction to the one who targetedme with the target switching ability
Fair enough

Thirdly: my Pokeball was switched with a player who I'm not naming just yet. I can potentially soft clear them as town but I'll need all of your help. I lost my steelix and it was traded for a Primeape. My initial thought was Chuck, but butch and Cassidy had a Primeape at some point didn't they? So there's a chance the person I was switched with is scum, depends on how they act with my steelix!
Question! @the person who now has my steelix (I know who you are): READ THROUGH MY ROLE, you can clear me as town!! If you do not clear me then you're probably scum...
Why would that clear the person? Stealing pokemon is something rocket does...

Observation3: this ability was more than likely from a scum player!
The player I was forced to trade with is barely active so obviously the scum want the healing power in the hands of a less active person who they can just kill off later or get them modkilled for inactivity.
How did you deduct this?

Observation4: Jarizard must have used an ability which auto-lynched bb. Whilst it was a pretty dumb move, I'm inclined to believe that Jarizard is town, simply because what scum member would get an ability that auto lynches a player!? That would be OP.

Tldr: Indies exist I think
One anti town faction can switch a player's target
One anti town faction can role block
One anti town faction switched poke balls,

Sorry for the rushed nature of this post... I had written it more detailed but my iPad froze midtyping so I had to do it again :(
Bolded...

Alright so at this point nothing glares out to me. I guess I have 2 main people that semi-stand out to me at this point. SF and r3v3rsor. I flipped a coin.

##VOTE: R3V3RSOR

My final thoughts:
[*]Where did CJ go towards the end of last game day? He disappeared after things started getting interesting.
[*]Where is Teal?

Camoclone said:
I missed this last time I read so I'll answer now. The specific wording on my role is "most" so I guess Lance's letter is just one of those abilities that I can't run away.

Well "Burn" but you get it.

Hokay, I'm certain SS is town. I need to read into yesterday a bit more because it looks like I missed some things. Also, I'll admit the boot was my fault; my ability allows me to PM Athena once a day and my Starmie will retrieve a random item, which I can then use at night. I got the old boot and threw it at SS because I couldn't think of anyone and I had the idea he was scum, which has now been disproven seemingly, and I didn't know anything about what the old boot would do... Sorry ;;
I'll PM Athena and see what I get.

Anyways, Camo, any news from Lance? Any guidance he might have given you/us?

Holding my vote until rev3rsor and Teal actually appear. :v

Also, though my Ability I learned that Vom doesn’t have any non-Pokémon-related abilities. Well, or did. :v

Luispipe8 said:
Anyways, Camo, any news from Lance? Any guidance he might have given you/us?

Not yet but he didn't contact me this early into yesterday either. I wouldn't expect news from Lance but I'll let you know if I get it.

Camoclone said:
[*]Where did CJ go towards the end of last game day? He disappeared after things started getting interesting.

The irl day that the game Day ended, I had an exam early afternoon and then spent the rest of my day with friends eating doughnuts, watching Money and the Soul of Possibility and having a pwn answer contest with a girl, so I got home way past midnight.

Stuff from me later in the Day, I just got back to my home city for carnival weekend and have to settle.

Did I miss something, or are roles not revealed on death in this game? I couldn't find anything about it in the OP, but it seems like that's the case.

Chaos Jackal said:
Camoclone said:

The irl day that the game Day ended, I had an exam early afternoon and then spent the rest of my day with friends eating doughnuts, watching Money and the Soul of Possibility and having a pwn answer contest with a girl, so I got home way past midnight.

Stuff from me later in the Day, I just got back to my home city for carnival weekend and have to settle.
That's fine. Take your time. I figured something like that must have happened.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Did I miss something, or are roles not revealed on death in this game? I couldn't find anything about it in the OP, but it seems like that's the case.
That's correct based off what we have seen so far.

What I want to know is, if Jarizard is town (and I agree with your assessment, SS), why would he blow his one-hit kill with so little information? Jarizard, what reason did you have to believe bbninjas was scum?

Well I don't think the person who I was switched with was the one who performed the switch.

I received primeapr and lost Steelix. The reason I could potentially clear them is because Primeape is a pokemon chuck uses. If the scum get safe claims and abilities already made for them, I don't think I would receive one of their fake abilities in return for my real one? If that makes sense.. Haha

The reason they can clear me for good (in addition to the million of abilities used on me) is that there is wording in Steelix's ability that would clear me as town.

Should I tell you the person who I was switched with?? If it was a scums power then they would know who has the heal power, however if it wasn't scum then they now don't know... What do you think?

You were the doctor, right? If you know the name of the player your Pokemon was switched with then they are now the doctor. You should keep that name to yourself so as not to put a target on their back.

I was away for D1 and I haven't read a single game post in this thread. I'll be away again starting on Saturday night.

Why was Celever modkilled?

I don't feel like reading anything atm. c:

Yeah PMJ that's what I was thinking... But if it was scum that switched us then they would know anyways.. I'll hold it for now and if starts getting lynched I'll come forward.
My question about this mystery person: I got a Primeape! So are we 100% sure it's chuck? Because butch and Cassidy had one in the anime at some point. And (without giving away details) my new ability could be seen as scummy...

@Teal: Celever posted his full role pm from athena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back