What are Primes???

1Pokemon_Master

Aspiring Trainer
I've been out of the pokemon game for a while, but the last time I played (9 months ago), the rarest cards were Level X's. Now I see legends and primes. What are they??? Are they also Ultra Rare? Are they now the equivalent of Holos?

Thanks!

RE: What are Primes?

Primes have no new game mechanic. They are about as rare as rare holos, some say rarer. LEGENDs come in two halves, and they are about as rare as Lv. Xs.

Primes are just stronger Pokemon. "Prime" does not appear in the name and they are played just like any other Pokemon card. They are better than average Pokemon cards for the most part whether they have strong attacks or useful Pokemon Powers or Bodies. Primes come about one set (6) per box on average, however it is not uncommon to only get five. Legends come in two halves and can only be played to the bench when both pieces are in your hand. They each have different attributes and usually come about three halves per box.

I was wondering the same thing bro. I just recently found my binders from when I used to collect when I was a kid. Only collected from base to fossil, got a few others from different sets, but got those from a friend who left them here and never heard from him again. I know nothing about pokemon cards pretty much past the team rocket era lol, so I feel like a youngster all over again. Can anyone give me any good pointers about what the difference is between all the newer cards from fossil set and up (such as value, gameplay, and evolutions)?

PRIMES - supposed to be the new lvl X but ended up being easier to get than Xs
LEGENDS - THIS is the value of a lvl x and need two to get to play them (bottom and top)

Hope this helped blaze and any one else!!

Bottom and Top? In other words you need both halves of a card? lol Kinda bizarre, so I assume these are super duper uper ultra rare? :)

bLAze187 said:
Holy crud! $10 for a piece of a card is outrageous lol.
Each one is a whole card with half of the art on it. Some are worth more than $10 a piece but they still have similar pull rates to Lv. X's so they aren't THAT rare.

Alex(charm)ander said:
Each one is a whole card with half of the art on it. Some are worth more than $10 a piece but they still have similar pull rates to Lv. X's so they aren't THAT rare.

Oh okay, lol. Sounded like some impossible odds to get both halves. At least it actually looks like a card and not blank on the bottom or top lol.

Primes don't have any new game mechanics or any kind of marking (outside of their foil pattern) that they'r primes. They replace the reverse foil in any pack you buy, and there are about 4-6 in a box thus far.

Legends on the other hand are cards that can only be played by having both halves of the card (meaning that one functional card is actually 2 different cards). I believe they replace the rare in a pack, and 2-4 can be found in a box. Also, not all of the Legends are terrible, E/R is actually a very solid card.

Legends are seperated in two different cards. Primes don't have any new game mechanics.

Pokemon.

That's about it. They are in no way different from a regular pokemon, except for the artwork and better powers, attacks, etc. There is no seperation from primes and regular pokemon, so you can search for them like any other card.

I have a question... What are the probabilities of getting a prime card in a HGSS booster pack?? hgss or unleashed it doesn't matter really.

Theres 6 Primes in a box of HGSS (usually), and 5 Primes in a box of Unleashed...so yea, 1/6 for HGSS, 1/7 for Unleashed, pretty much.

You get a Prime one in every six packs.
If you buy a booster box, you get six Primes (usually one of each).
You get a Legend half one in every nine packs.
If you buy a booster box, you get four Legend halves (usually you get both top and bottem to two different Pokemon).

pokefan1234 said:
ya, bout 10$ each, but they suck!

i agree there not tht good but i cant wait for the magnezone prime to come out in the u.s.

PikachewTofu said:
You get a Prime one in every six packs.
If you buy a booster box, you get six Primes (usually one of each).
You get a Legend half one in every nine packs.
If you buy a booster box, you get four Legend halves (usually you get both top and bottem to two different Pokemon).

one time a pulled both haves oh ho-oh legend in the same pack. is tht supposed to happen?

Put the images in your signature, not your posts.

dmaster out.

Primes aren't that look a bit like lv.xs. You get about one every five packs and pepersonaly I think they are a bit cooler than lv.xs.

Back