Discussion What Are You Playing Right Now?

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I finally got around to downloading Insurgence, and overall I'd say it's... pretty much exactly what I expected. A lot of the music in particular is spectacular, while some of it is less great. I'm about an hour in and while the gameplay, mon distribution, pacing, etc. is by no means perfect ("very clearly fanmade" is how I'd put it) it's certainly something I can see myself sinking a lot of hours into over the next week or so until I either fall in love with it or get bored of it entirely. Unfortunately that's something that happens a lot for me with fanmade games since I don't have any real investment in them, but I'll be giving it a good chance to show itself off.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I've just started a Nuzlocke on X (currently at Santalune City with a Froakie, Weedle, Azurill and Pansear). I don't think I've done a full nuzlocke through a game before (often I end up blacking out around gym 4-5 lol), so this time I wanna do it properly. I originally wanted to do a Wonderlocke but my 3DS won't connect to the internet properly (I don't quite know what the issue is - provided I was able to fix it then I'd happily swap from a nuzlocke to a wonderlocke).
I've always wanted to do a nuzlocke of XY due to how large the Pokedex is in that game-I feel like it'd have a lot of variety to it. I've always just done BW/2 when I wanted to do a nuzlocke but I am definitely interested in other games too.

Speaking of-I've tried a wonderlocke once way back in 2016 I think. I was kinda mixed on it but it's probably because I was getting stuff like Claydol, and not being able to name my Pokemon. I'm big on making my team of Pokemon my own, so I think it wasn't really for me. That being said I do love the concept of it.

Mora

Don't Panic
I might pull out Sun & Moon if I run out of things to do during quarantine. I lost my copy of Alpha Sapphire that had at least a box full of competitive mons plus a few cool shinnies, so there's work to be done. RIP literally all of my Legendaries with mostly playable IV spreads.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I've always wanted to do a nuzlocke of XY due to how large the Pokedex is in that game-I feel like it'd have a lot of variety to it. I've always just done BW/2 when I wanted to do a nuzlocke but I am definitely interested in other games too.

Speaking of-I've tried a wonderlocke once way back in 2016 I think. I was kinda mixed on it but it's probably because I was getting stuff like Claydol, and not being able to name my Pokemon. I'm big on making my team of Pokemon my own, so I think it wasn't really for me. That being said I do love the concept of it.

I don't know if I'll make a thread for my X nuzlocke, but I might keep a general track of how it goes (maybe a team update every gym badge/significant event). I feel like there's a lot of variety that's there (there are -if I counted correctly- 14 different Pokemon in Route 2 and the forest alone). Ironically I actually encountered a second Azurill in the route to the side of Santalune City, but since I already had one I just ran - then after catching my actual Pokemon that route, my Azurill got knocked out in a trainer battle.

I did a wonderlocke probably only a few months after X/Y were released, I did have fun doing it but then I faced problems with getting mons too high levelled to obey me - I remember getting something like a lv.40 Gengar which I think had a good moveset (it at least had Shadow Ball) not long after Gym 1, and pretty much nothing at that point in the game could actually stand up to it, but it annoyed me to no end when it wouldn't use the attack I wanted it to.

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
I've been thinking of pulling out Pokemon Conquest again. Even though the fights are basic and there aren't the newer Pokemon in the game (and also no Turtwig, yet Chimchar and Piplup are BOTH present), there's something alluring about kingdoms and Pokemon. I also really like raising and evolving Pokemon, and the fights can actually be challenging. Otherwise I've been playing Animal Crossing and Splatoon.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Still playing Platinum but just visited Pokémon Emerald for a bit and it is the first time I’m playing it knowing about how the physical and special moves work with the types lol

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I'm trying to finish Pokèmon Sun Pokèdex,but I'm also playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore on the Switch,so I'm not playing on the 3DS often.
I'll continue my Sword gameplay when the DLC 1 will arrive.
I actually want to do a Nuzlocke of another game I have.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
okay ill post a lil update

ive pretty much been juggling a few games recently
pokemon shield (which i will play a lot more when the dlc comes out, especially when the 2nd one does, recently ive only really been playing for events), smash bros (nothing to say about it), botw (i regret not buying this game before, top 2 switch game thats by nintendo at least), and animal crossing (which i havent really been playing much recently, its just something i turn on for 30-60 minutes every day or so)

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I’ve been doing a BOTW nuzlocke (you can only use each weapon once) and it’s nowhere near as hard as I thought. I’ve also been doing another run through of SwSh, where I can only use mons and pre-evos that I don’t currently have in my living SwSh dex (which is only half-finished, so heaps of options). The hope is that if I do it then I’ll have a complete dex by the end of the run, excluding shield exclusives.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I'm currently playing White 2 for the first time.My team is:
Serperior
Ampharos
Espeon
Flygon
Jellicent
Volcarona

I'm also playing Fire Emblem:Three Houses Golden Deer route.

Ash The Pokemon Champion

From Bradford, UK
I played some Pokemon Y. I'm currently at the 5th gym, right after visiting the Pokemon Centre.

My team consists of Chesnaught, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Pikachu, Blastoise, and Pangroove.

I'll probably change the team a bit after the next gym battle to make the team and typing more balanced. I tried a new flavour pokepuff on the Pokemon Aime setting too.

Last edited:

billyborn2023

Aspiring Trainer
I enjoy playing online games, and right now, PUBG is my top pick. I've been playing it nonstop since the third season. Additionally, I twice earned Conqueror tier points and four times earned Ace. What role do you play in this game?