XY What Are You Using the Master Ball for?

RE: What will you use / have you used your Master Ball for?

I haven't used mine in X or Y yet, but I usually use my MB on legendaries that flee. It saves a lot of frustration. Stationary legendaries I can always catch with other balls.

In X, I used my Master Ball on Mewtwo. Now that I've played Y, I'm saving the Master Ball for the possibility that one of the event legendaries isn't given to us in a Cherish Ball.
Or on a shiny Basculin. (Before it uses Final Gambit.) :p

I have use 1 on Xerneas..Was to lazy to try get it in a other ball :p And, I got 1 from trade I`m saving for Event-Legendary we need to caught :)

The only thing I've ever used a Master Ball on is Rhydon in Silver back when I was like, five.

Ever since, I've held onto them. Every one of my games that I keep (My spare copies for multiple playthroughs I use them on the box legendary, generally) the Master Ball is never thrown haha.

I just won the Master Ball from the Loto Ticket ID! This is the first time that I've ever won it!
So now I have an extra Master Ball that I'll use incase I ever come up upon a random shiny Pokémon that typically runs away like Abra or Ralts!! :)

I've never used my Master Ball. I prefer the other designs and I think it devalues catching legendary pokemon. You cannot beat the frustration of using loads of pokeballs on the legendary! (Although if you run out, well... yeah)

I don't usually use Master Balls for Legendary Pokemon, but when I was younger, I was so excited that I was battling a Legendary Pokemon that I quickly used the Master Ball (for fear I would lose data). Also, whenever I challenge any Legendary Pokemon, I start shaking all over, and once I was battling Zekrom I heard a voice that said, "Ideals..." (I might have been hallucinating) So I quickly tossed a Master Ball. I wish I hadn't, because I was having a hard time with Victini. Now, I just use Ultra, Luxury or Nest Balls on Legendary Pokemon.

I'll use it to catch a woman.

I'm saving for a Shiny that refuses to stay in any other ball. Either that or I'll transfer it to the next game.

I remember back in the G/S days, I was playing through Silver and managed to catch Entei in a Great Ball, so I traded over my Master Ball from Gold and used a Master Ball each on Suicine and Raikou, since I was tired of chasing them around.

These days, I use the Master Ball as a glorified paperweight. I guess I might bust it out if I found a shiny of a fleeing/self-destructing/self-damaging Pokemon.

I usually use it on the game's mascot legendary because I don't feel like taking the time to catch it in regular balls when I'm engrossed in the story. In AS, though, I think I'll use it on Latias instead.

I had to use mine on mewtwo, I used thirty ultra balls and he wouldn't stay in one so I finally broke down and used the master ball

In HG I was saving my Master ball for soft-resseting Kyogre but then I had to catch a shiny Graveler (though I only remembered using at the third try so I was lucky that it didn't used Selfdestruct) and I left Kyogre alone in that tower west of Cianwood (shiny Kyogre is not my thing so...)
In B2, both Zekrom and Kyurem were easy to catch with Dusk balls (I was very surprised because with each I soft resetted one time because I didn't liked their natures and managed to again capture them easily); the Musketeer trio, while taking a while longer were fairly easy too, so now I have 2 Master balls that I plan to use when soft resetting for a shiny Volcarona and Cresselia! :D

Edit: actually, I had a Master ball in HG because I migrated a Pokémon from Sapphire with it! Yes, now I remember that I used the one from HG on Ho-oh (I didn't feel like wasting time on it so there you have...captured)!

Back