Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo Revelation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo Destiny

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what box you need lol. I would say go for Neo Destiny (1st Ed, if possible) as you'll get the most valuable cards (Shining) per box. Neo Rev (same thing) would be a close second.

I was thinking Jungle or Fossil. I'm more likely to complete the set because of the small size of the set 64 and 62 respectivly.

But the Neo sets are tempting >,<

Yh but the thing is the neo sets have better cards ie; Shining cards and has pokemon from johto the best series so you should consider it

kashmaster said:
Yh but the thing is the neo sets have better cards ie; Shining cards and has pokemon from johto the best series so you should consider it

Neo Destiny has the Light and Dark cards. I'm not too fond of those.

I wouldnt waste money on buying a base - rocket set of booster box because they are very easy to get on ebay, complete sets for 20 GBP. Easy. I think you should go for the Gym set or yeah, neo sets. They are the hardest to get a hold of and full sets still sell for 60 GBP. Plus all of these extra random cards can sell back also. For e.g

I have a few spare cards and i put some up just to see if anyone would be interested, so far i have sold 4 common cards for 1 - 3.00 EACH (and thats after taking off all of the ebay fees and paypal fees and postage).

I would consider buying the box that is rarest and nicest cards.

Mr. Drif said:
I'd say ND because there is Sneasel and Slowking. 8D

That's Neo Genesis, not Neo Destiny or Neo Discovery (not sure which one you meant).

Divine_Light said:
I was thinking Jungle or Fossil. I'm more likely to complete the set because of the small size of the set 64 and 62 respectivly.

But the Neo sets are tempting >,<

Ya, but after opening 20 or so packs, you'll be getting more duplicates than you'd care for. Just buy those sets.

Divine_Light said:
kashmaster said:

Neo Destiny has the Light and Dark cards. I'm not too fond of those.

Then go for Neo Revelation. It has Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-oh, and Shining Magikarp/Gyarados.

Seriously Everyone knows what they are talking about and you would be at a serious lost buying something other than the neo sets

Well lets consider what everyone has said: a Neo box contains cards worth twice as much as the other boxes you were considering. The neo sets have a larger expansion of cards, cards that have better artwork and introduuction of Johto pokemon. I can really only see possitives with the neo sets and also the artwork on most cards seem to be awesome!

I've kind of narrowed it down.
Discovery is out. Too small not that good holos.
Destiny is out. Don't really like Dark/Light.

It's down to Genesis and Revelation.

I prefer revelation.
It has legendaries, Celebi. Better art.

I've seen some openings and Shining Magikarp and Gyarados are in there. Are they rare, What's the pull rate and how much are they worth?

Well, since your choosing out of the Bible Neo sets (lol, I had to make that reference) lets discuss them.
Neo Genesis is about 110 cards approx. with a decent slew of cards, as well as the original starters, which I think would be quite good to get, but you don't have too.
Neo Revelation contains the Elusive Shining Gyarados and Magikarp, but only about 70 cards at most. From what I know, since they're only 2, I think they're very elusive to find. I heard a rumour that in Japan the chances were 300 to 1, but I think thats rubbish, but I would imagine that its pretty hard to find. If I had my time again, I would have gotten more Neo, but if you want a good variety, go for Genesis, just buy the Shining Cards, they're probably not all that expensive. However, if you want Variety AND Shining, I think your only option is Destiny, it has about 112 cards including the Shinings, plus I think the chances are a little better.

Enshidia said:
Well, since your choosing out of the Bible Neo sets (lol, I had to make that reference) lets discuss them.
Neo Genesis is about 110 cards approx. with a decent slew of cards, as well as the original starters, which I think would be quite good to get, but you don't have too.
Neo Revelation contains the Elusive Shining Gyarados and Magikarp, but only about 70 cards at most. From what I know, since they're only 2, I think they're very elusive to find. I heard a rumour that in Japan the chances were 300 to 1, but I think thats rubbish, but I would imagine that its pretty hard to find. If I had my time again, I would have gotten more Neo, but if you want a good variety, go for Genesis, just buy the Shining Cards, they're probably not all that expensive. However, if you want Variety AND Shining, I think your only option is Destiny, it has about 112 cards including the Shinings, plus I think the chances are a little better.

Genesis has pretty meh cards and I don't like Dark/Light cards.

Shining Gyarados is that Rare? Wow, and to think I got one in the very first pack from that set that I opened up. (I think my scan is still on Wikipedia.)

As for the sets, I find Neo Destiny to have the best illustrations among them as far as the Pokémon go. But what do I know about collecting? I just like to look at the pretty pictures.

Enshidia said:

Haha, not nearly that rare. He should get at least one and more likely than not both with a booster box. Go for Revelation then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back