Fun What Cards From Other TCGs Would Work Well if Reformated For the Pokémon TCG?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I was thinking, what cards from other TCGs would be good for the game or have good synergy with cards in the Pokémon TCG?

I'm sure we've seen a few cases of this already like Monster Reborn from Yugioh being similar to Revive, for example. What do you all think though?

latest

It would probably be put in as a Supporter. I don't really advocate the idea of it though since it comes with zero setbacks and you can pick what to keep, unlike most supporters.

latest

It would probably be put in as a Supporter. I don't really advocate the idea of it though since it comes with zero setbacks and you can pick what to keep, unlike most supporters.

That card actually already exists as Caitlin (aside shuffling instead of putting at the bottom of the deck)

BW10_EN_78.png

I've always wanted a switch your pokemon attack/trainer.
For example, the attack would read: Switch your active Pokemon with your opponent's active Pokemon. All energy, tool cards, and previous evolutions stay on the opposing player's side. That person may use all attacks, abilities, and effects of that Pokemon as if it were your own. If Knocked Out, that Pokemon and all cards attached to it return to your opponent's hand.
I don't think it would work if their pokemon are discarded as that would be broken and one sided. Returning to their hand seems fair in my opinion.

Hmm...

Card Destruction (Yu-Gi-Oh) is rather tempting. I worry it might overpower "mill" decks but then again it also finally gives a good reason (in general) to be wary of getting one's deck too low. Perhaps reinvented as a Supporter it could work, but then again it might still be too powerful.

What I would love to see was a "Taunt" pokemon, a pokemon that even when on the bench, any damage done is directly put on that pokemon this would open up to lots of low hp cards being more usefull.
Problem is lots of cards already exists that would make this type of pokemon op as hell

I could see Fairy Meteor Crush being made into a tool that lets the Pokemon it's attached to bypass effects (kind of like Tyrantum EX's ability or Shred attacks).

Injection Fairy Lilly: 60HP Pokemon with an attack like this

CC Doom Needle 10+
-You may let your opponent take a prize. If you do, this attack does 100 more damage.

Could combo nicely with Marowak BREAK.

Yata Garasu: 30HP and an attack does 10 damage, prevents the opponent from drawing a card at the beginning of their next turn, and returns to your hand. It would be like Deck and Cover, but 10 times as annoying.

What about something similar to the trample affect in Magic?
Ability: When this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, you may use this affect. For every damage counters on your opponent's active Pokémon, you may discard a card from his or her hand(you may not discard more than 3 cards this way per turn). Then, remove that many damage counters on your opponents active Pokémon.
That could be interesting, right? Or, for every 10 damage counters, remove them and put the top card of your opponent's deck into their prizes.

latest

Caitlin-plasma blast has the EXACT SAME EFFECT-except it puts the cards on the bottom of the deck...but still

Back