XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Jynx is part of the trio with magmar and electabuzz.They all have baby Pokemon that evolve a lvl.30( I think ) and plus she is one of the most useful ice type Pokemon with lovely kiss and her speed. The evolution item could be a king's rock so she could be a ice queen\princess type deal

Yes, this would make sense.

And because of the "crown" she could become part fairy/psychic

gamefreak33797 said:
Yes, this would make sense.

And because of the "crown" she could become part fairy/psychic

That would be great and all, but very unlikely since very seldom that a Pokemon changes its primary type. Also isn't gardevoir the psychic\fairy

benehime said:
Jynx is part of the trio with magmar and electabuzz.They all have baby Pokemon that evolve a lvl.30( I think ) and plus she is one of the most useful ice type Pokemon with lovely kiss and her speed. The evolution item could be a king's rock so she could be a ice queen\princess type deal

Mitja said:
Those three never were a real trio. They might have been intended to be one (I believe gamefreak said in an interview long ago that they were initially meant to be the legendary trio, but were kept as regular good late-game pokemon after they made the birds instead), but that idea didn't make it into the actual games, since they have been used for different roles from the beginning.

They did all gain a pre-evolution with gen 2 (but then again who didn't), and they each had one of the elemental punches as their signature moves, but these two things were a homage to the "initial trio idea" at most.

What I mean is, Electabuzz and Magmar are very much a duo, while Jynx has been something unique in many areas from the start.
If I showed you Electabuzz and Magmar...and then asked you to imagine a third Ice-based counterpart, you would not be thinking "weird black-faced ugly diva thing with a dress and blonde hair".

Here are some of the things that Electabuzz and Magmar share, while Jynx differs:
kax3.png

and of course Jynx not gaining the powerhouse third stage, but thats whats causing this reoccurring wish, so that doesn't count.

Also it wouldn't evolve via Kings Rock either. Would be a new Item like the rest.

gamefreak33797 said:
ya, here is their new chain, I think.

Ralts: Psychic
Kirlia: Psychic/Fairy
Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy

I'm very confident it is:
Ralts - Psychic
Kirlia - Psychic
Gardevoir - Psychic / Fairy
Gallade - Psychic / Fighting
Makes perfect sense turning either Fairy or Fighting. Instead of gaining Fairy halfway and then ditching it for Fighting as Gallade, it starts specializing into one of them after the final evolution.

gamefreak33797 said:
Isn't poison weak against Psychic?

It is, but Fairy will be weak to Poison, so you'll have to watch out for faster pokes who use Poison moves.

professorlight said:
Gardevoir will now be weak to bug, ghost, steel (according to the rumor) and poison (apparently, poison always did 1x against psychic), inmune to dragon, get half damage from fairy (actaully, make that 0.25x damage, because fairy), fighting and psychic, and 1x from dark and everything else.

Howd you get 1x Dark and 0.25x Fairy?
Fairy apparently doesn't resist anything.

Bug, Ghost, Dark because its Psy
Poison, Steel because its Fairy

Immune to Dragon

Resisting whatever Psy resists (Fight, Psy)

Mitja said:
benehime said:

Mitja said:
Those three never were a real trio. They might have been intended to be one (I believe gamefreak said in an interview long ago that they were initially meant to be the legendary trio, but were kept as regular good late-game pokemon after they made the birds instead), but that idea didn't make it into the actual games, since they have been used for different roles from the beginning.

They did all gain a pre-evolution with gen 2 (but then again who didn't), and they each had one of the elemental punches as their signature moves, but these two things were a homage to the "initial trio idea" at most.

What I mean is, Electabuzz and Magmar are very much a duo, while Jynx has been something unique in many areas from the start.
If I showed you Electabuzz and Magmar...and then asked you to imagine a third Ice-based counterpart, you would not be thinking "weird black-faced ugly diva thing with a dress and blonde hair".

Here are some of the things that Electabuzz and Magmar share, while Jynx differs:
-Electabuzz & Magmar - Jynx
-pure elemental types - an extra Psychic type
-a 3/4 male ratio - 100% female
-quite specific shared design:
---a humanoid animal - "weird black-faced ugly diva thing with a dress and blonde hair"
---cliche element pattern and color covering their body - unrelated design fitting palette
-very close stat total (360/365 -> 490/495 -> 540/540) - noticably weaker (305 -> 455)
-version exclusives in RB/FRLG and BW2 - unrelated/different methods of obtaining
-1 ability related to element, (and both Vital Spirit as hidden) - unrelated appropriate abilities
-best stats of both are both attacks, each focusing on one - just special
-learn moves at same levels (a bit less identical in some gens, but only minor differences) - doesn't (most gens its like completely in between)

and of course Jynx not gaining the powerhouse third stage, but thats whats causing this reoccurring wish, so that doesn't count.

Also it wouldn't evolve via Kings Rock either. Would be a new Item like the rest.

gamefreak33797 said:
ya, here is their new chain, I think.

Ralts: Psychic
Kirlia: Psychic/Fairy
Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy

I'm very confident it is:
Ralts - Psychic
Kirlia - Psychic
Gardevoir - Psychic / Fairy
Gallade - Psychic / Fighting
Makes perfect sense turning either Fairy or Fighting. Instead of gaining Fairy halfway and then ditching it for Fighting as Gallade, it starts specializing into one of them after the final evolution.

gamefreak33797 said:
Isn't poison weak against Psychic?

It is, but Fairy will be weak to Poison, so you'll have to watch out for faster pokes who use Poison moves.

professorlight said:
Gardevoir will now be weak to bug, ghost, steel (according to the rumor) and poison (apparently, poison always did 1x against psychic), inmune to dragon, get half damage from fairy (actaully, make that 0.25x damage, because fairy), fighting and psychic, and 1x from dark and everything else.

Howd you get 1x Dark and 0.25x Fairy?
Fairy apparently doesn't resist anything.

Bug, Ghost, Dark because its Psy
Poison, Steel because its Fairy

Immune to Dragon

Resisting whatever Psy resists (Fight, Psy)

all I am saying is they could be a trio one just femine, to argue the other is that you don't think electric bear for electric or magma thing for magmar, but for jynx it could be black from harsh cold like frost bite, plus Ice Pokemon as a primary type looks kinda elegant, and beside wouldn't be kinda weird if jynx was a guy just saying. We don't really know what the creators intended.

my point is, whatever they intended, it was clearly abandoned long ago.
Like, for Banette there might still be hope to gain a "Dusknoir" equivalent, but Jynx evo is a lost cause. And if Jynx evo really did happen, it would not be because the other two happened.
One could actually argue that Hitmons would have to evolve then because they share at leats as much with Jynx, if not more than the elemental duo (100% male, physical oriented, 455 total stats, both weird humanoid designs, stereotypical gender counterparts..)

I've mentioned a Larvae type Pokemon that involves into Heracross or Pinsir, but I'd like to add a third choice of the line... Pie Dish Beetle, maybe?

I would also like to see a Boxer dog Pokemon.

One thing that I've been thinking is that Fossil Pokemon should expand away from being bugs and reptiles. There needs to be a fossil of a terror bird, or a sabre-toothed cat. Also, Pokemon like Cacturne, Mawile, and Kecleon deserve an evolution.

Here's what I've been thinking, a Komodo Dragon pokemon. it would be poison/dragon. have a special ability that make any physical attack it uses have a 10 percent chance of poisoning. and a special move that inflict low damage but has 100% of badly poison. the drawback out be the poison effect would be delayed 1 or 2 turns.

I figure it's too soon for a fairy resisting dragon but i still like the idea

Chandelure said:
Here's what I've been thinking, a Komodo Dragon pokemon. it would be poison/dragon. have a special ability that make any physical attack it uses have a 10 percent chance of poisoning.

isn't that the ability poison touch.

benehime said:
Chandelure said:
Here's what I've been thinking, a Komodo Dragon pokemon. it would be poison/dragon. have a special ability that make any physical attack it uses have a 10 percent chance of poisoning.

yes but i was thinking a weaker version of it for the sake of not being too powerful

Chandelure said:
benehime said:

yes but i was thinking a weaker version of it for the sake of not being too powerful

True, but it will be acceptable, Poisin\Dragon type super effective on grass, dragon, and fairy. I say it's a fair trade off, however I do see you point.

I'd like to see more fire-type reptiles, I had an idea for a fire/ poison Gila monster.

I'd like more alt-evolutions, specifically for stuff like Stunky, Sentret and Grimer who have special based movepools but lack the special att. to make use of them.

I'd like more pokemon that evolve with the same items, e.g. something else that evolves with the protector, something else that evolves with the reaper's cloth, something else that evolves with the dragon's scale, something else that evolves with the deep sea tooth.

There's no real reason to give something like a Gila Monster a fire-typing. It would likely be just Poison, Poison/Dark, or Poison/Ground.
Gila Monsters are slow lizards and I've had the opportunity to see a few in the wild before they definitely have an unnerving presence. I've read about them too, they have an extremely excellent sense of smell and they are good at digging (hence the Ground typing.) Their bite is poisonous and they hold on and don't let go easily. Very Feraligatr-ish except it's a creature of the desert. Then you have the fact like the Mexican Beaded Lizard it likes to eat eggs and actively searches for them. Sound familiar? Very Sneasel-y. Those facts aside I don't see it being fire type at all even though it has a neat body pattern that would complement a fire-type design.

Ysmir said:
There's no real reason to give something like a Gila Monster a fire-typing. It would likely be just Poison, Poison/Dark, or Poison/Ground.
Gila Monsters are slow lizards and I've had the opportunity to see a few in the wild before they definitely have an unnerving presence. I've read about them too, they have an extremely excellent sense of smell and they are good at digging (hence the Ground typing.) Their bite is poisonous and they hold on and don't let go easily. Very Feraligatr-ish except it's a creature of the desert. Then you have the fact like the Mexican Beaded Lizard it likes to eat eggs and actively searches for them. Sound familiar? Very Sneasel-y. Those facts aside I don't see it being fire type at all even though it has a neat body pattern that would complement a fire-type design.

It's pokemon dude, their world doesn't equal our world. How do horses and monkeys relate to fire? And how do squirrels and tarantulas relate to electricity? How many dinosaurs do you know with flower petals around their neck? You just have to be creative.

I am glad dragon has a new weakness, and I want Flabébé to evolve and have a different plant to attack to and its body to grow, then for final form become like a tree dryad and it attached to big freaking tree.

Ok then. Speaking of Flabebe and the possibility it has to follow the path of Spinda, how about a Spinda evolution? The design was pretty great but he just wasn't that good.

Ohman177 said:
Ok then. Speaking of Flabebe and the possibility it has to follow the path of Spinda, how about a Spinda evolution? The design was pretty grate but he just wasn't that good.

I never really liked Spinda very much. It was all gimmick, and no power. I would absolutely LOVE an evolution for it. A Kecleon evolution would be cool too as I never really appreciated Kecleon either. I don't know. I mean, it's design is just kinda messy to me. Plus it was introduced in the same generation we were given Treecko, so it was kinda outshined. I've grown to like it, but I would love an evolution for it.

AdamLambert said:
Ohman177 said:
Ok then. Speaking of Flabebe and the possibility it has to follow the path of Spinda, how about a Spinda evolution? The design was pretty grate but he just wasn't that good.

I never really liked Spinda very much. It was all gimmick, and no power. I would absolutely LOVE an evolution for it. A Kecleon evolution would be cool too as I never really appreciated Kecleon either. I don't know. I mean, it's design is just kinda messy to me. Plus it was introduced in the same generation we were given Treecko, so it was kinda outshined. I've grown to like it, but I would love an evolution for it.

Kecleon yess. Whenever I imagine an evolution for him, my brain immediately goes to the purple evil dude from Monsters Inc. That body shape would be pretty cool. And wow I just realized I spelled "great" as "grate." Talk about stupid. I'm new, how do I edit a post?

Ohman177 said:
AdamLambert said:

Kecleon yess. Whenever I imagine an evolution for him, my brain immediately goes to the purple evil dude from Monsters Inc. That body shape would be pretty cool. And wow I just realized I spelled "great" as "grate." Talk about stupid. I'm new, how do I edit a post?
Oh look at that there's an edit button. Nevermind....  Also for Spinda, I could see it becoming a fighting type and working off the drunken monkey fighting style.

Ohman177 said:
AdamLambert said:

Ohman177 said:
Oh look at that there's an edit button. Nevermind....  Also for Spinda, I could see it becoming a fighting type and working off the drunken monkey fighting style.

I can see it with boxing gloves, I think the three elemental monkeys should evolve one more time so they could match the starters.

Back