XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: Your views on the Fairy type-distribution and the Fairy type Pokemon

I swear part of me will die if Milotic doesn't get retconned into a fairy. Besides that I bet a grand majority of Pokemon of the fairy egg group will get retconned.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I swear part of me will die if Milotic doesn't get retconned into a fairy. Besides that I bet a grand majority of Pokemon of the fairy egg group will get retconned.

I forget what type is it again?

zappy800 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

At the moment Milotic is pure water. Since it's basically the serene counterpart to Gyrados, I feel Milotic being part fairy would be appropriate.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
zappy800 said:

At the moment Milotic is pure water. Since it's basically the serene counterpart to Gyrados, I feel Milotic being part fairy would be appropriate.

Wouldn't that make more sense if gyarados was dragon though? Besides it really doesn't need it and if anything my bet would be ice typing for it.

Poison Master said:
I'm so happy with the Fairy-type addition. It's good to see the type chart be re-calibrated, and I'm excited to finally have a reason to use Poison moves offensively. I do wish they would have made Ice resistant to Fairy, though. Ice's terrible defenses are the one unbalanced thing they didn't try to fix.

I know, right? I wanted so much to teach a pokemon Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb to take out a Grass pokemon, but realized it would be a waste since it could be taken out with Flying, Fire, Ice, or Bug... Glad my Skuntank may be of some more use!

TheRoyalXerneas said:

IMO, anything of majestic nature has potential to be part Fairy. Milotic, Rapidash, Dragonair *sigh*, Togekiss maybe...

zappy800 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Wouldn't that make more sense if gyarados was dragon though? Besides it really doesn't need it and if anything my bet would be ice typing for it.

Milotic doesn't really scream ice (at all) as it does fairy though. It basically is a water fairy if you think about it.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
zappy800 said:

Milotic doesn't really scream ice (at all) as it does fairy though. It basically is a water fairy if you think about it.

Gyarados would make sense as a Dragon, but yeah I'm not sure where you got Ice type from Milotic. Just because Water pokemon tend to have Ice type moves, and when they are paired with another type it is commonly Ice (Lapras, Dewgong), doesn't mean there isn't room for other possibilities. Fairy would be the obvious choice as a secoondary type for Milotic.

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

Not that anyone was doubting it, but considering Clefairy is a holofoil in the Xerneas Half Deck, I'd say we can be almost 100% certain that it will be a Fairy. Only question now is if the line will become Normal/Fairy or have its Normal replaced completely...because there's just something more fantastical about Clefairy than Jigglypuff. Plus, with the possibility of Litleo's Normal-type existing because of its affinity to sound, maybe that's why Jigglypuff kept Normal.

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

CMP said:
Not that anyone was doubting it, but considering Clefairy is a holofoil in the Xerneas Half Deck, I'd say we can be almost 100% certain that it will be a Fairy. Only question now is if the line will become Normal/Fairy or have its Normal replaced completely...because there's just something more fantastical about Clefairy than Jigglypuff. Plus, with the possibility of Litleo's Normal-type existing because of its affinity to sound, maybe that's why Jigglypuff kept Normal.

I'ts a good point you make about sound. If normal typing includes sound, then is it possible that meloetta will change to normal/fairy and normal/fighting? or to fairy/normal and fairy/fighting, which would make more sense, as she's a fairy who sings and a fairy who dances.

My final views on what becomes part Fairy:
-Clefairy/Clefable. Self explanatory.
-Snubbul/Granbull. Whilst not obviously fairies at first glance, they could be used to showcase how Fairies aren't all cutesy.
-Misdreavus/Mismagius. Have a large basis in folklore, and would also show that Fairies can be a bit more spooky.
-Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss. This one I'm not really sure about; just because of their typing.
-Milotic. The whole calming theme, plus it's overall design screams Fairy. I always thought that it should get a dual type to compete with Gyarados.
-Bellossom. It has a fairylike appearance, plus I always thought that it should've received a dual type to compete with Vileplume (it actually loses the handy Poison type)
-Politoed. It's cheeriness is a bit fairy-ish I guess. Like Bellossom, I've thought that Politoed should have a nice dual typing to compete with its Water/Fighting brother.
-Cresselia. This is the only legendary that should get /Fairy, plus its connection with the moon and all. It would also allow it to compete with Darkrai.

It would make sense if Togepi got retyped as Fairy, and its evolutions as Fairy/Flying. If so, Clefairy can be retyped as a pure Fairy as well.

Here is my 2 cents on which Pokemon I think SHOULD get Fairy type added:

Clefairy and Clefable – Pretty obvious why!
Vulpix and Ninetales – This one seems possible since they are based on the Nine Tailed Fox Spirit.
Misdreavus and Mismagius – They are based on Banshees so this is very possible.
Dunsparce – “I man can dream!” Though it is based off a mythical creature, Tsuchinoko, so maybe.
Snubbull and Granbull – They are called the Fairy Pokemon in the Pokedex so…yeah.
Castform – Based off a Teru Teru Bozu which is a charm doll used to change the weather so this could be possible.
Glalie – Based off the Oni and would make it a better counterpart to Froslass.

Here is a list of Pokemon that I can’t explain but wouldn’t be surprised if they got the Fairy type (I’ll call this the Marill group):

Bellossom
Chansey and Blissey
Volbeat
Illumise
Milotic
Finneon and Lumineon
Whimsicott
Lilligant
Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle
Cryogonal
Mienfoo and Mienshao

NOTE – I kept the Togepi line out because I can’t see Game Freak dropping a Pokemon’s typing to add Fairy. I kinda hope I’m wrong on that because I feel they really fit that type category.

P.DelSlayer said:
-Snubbul/Granbull. Whilst not obviously fairies at first glance, they could be used to showcase how Fairies aren't all cutesy.
-Misdreavus/Mismagius. Have a large basis in folklore, and would also show that Fairies can be a bit more spooky.
-Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss. This one I'm not really sure about; just because of their typing.
-Milotic. The whole calming theme, plus it's overall design screams Fairy. I always thought that it should get a dual type to compete with Gyarados.
-Bellossom. It has a fairylike appearance, plus I always thought that it should've received a dual type to compete with Vileplume (it actually loses the handy Poison type)
-Politoed. It's cheeriness is a bit fairy-ish I guess. Like Bellossom, I've thought that Politoed should have a nice dual typing to compete with its Water/Fighting brother.
-Cresselia. This is the only legendary that should get /Fairy, plus its connection with the moon and all. It would also allow it to compete with Darkrai.

WHY? why do people still insists on those stupid snubbull and granbull being fairies?
species don't mean anything, at. all. their movepools don't fit a fairy, and even if they want to showcase fairies not being only cute, there are better options: misdreavus, mismagius, mawile, megamawile, and fairies we still don't know about...
I think I'm gonna cry now...

professorlight said:
P.DelSlayer said:

WHY? why do people still insists on those stupid snubbull and granbull being fairies?
species don't mean anything, at. all. their movepools don't fit a fairy, and even if they want to showcase fairies not being only cute, there are better options: misdreavus, mismagius, mawile, megamawile, and fairies we still don't know about...

You act as if Game Freak couldn't simply change their movepool for X and Y! Also, no one has any idea what GF constitutes as being a Fairy Type until we see all of the new ones and the old Pokemon that have been changed. What does Xerneas, Swirlix, Gardevior and Marill have in common aside from being Fairy types??? It's very possible that Snubbull and Granbull can be Fairies!

jstar21 said:
professorlight said:

You act as if Game Freak couldn't simply change their movepool for X and Y! Also, no one has any idea what GF constitutes as being a Fairy Type until we see all of the new ones and the old Pokemon that have been changed. What does Xerneas, Swirlix, Gardevior and Marill have in common aside from being Fairy types??? It's very possible that Snubbull and Granbull can be Fairies!

I think the thing I find funniest is that we only have like, 5 new Fairy moves (1 of which is Xerneas exclusive). We can always get a 'Pixie Bite' or something xD
The movepool argument just does not have any thing to argue with.
And if we were going by revealed Fairies, 3 out of the 4 revealed have different types that take priority over other types. And Jigglypuff and Granbull have a few moves in common (even tho Granbull naturally learns more moves of other types).

I find it kinda funny when people say 'Nope, *something* can't be *something else*, it just can't happen, there's xxx and yyy and zzz that all point away from it' without actually giving it some thought. I was particularly amused by a couple of posts like these whilst Fairy was just a rumor.

P.DelSlayer said:
jstar21 said:

I think the thing I find funniest is that we only have like, 5 new Fairy moves (1 of which is Xerneas exclusive). We can always get a 'Pixie Bite' or something xD
The movepool argument just does not have any thing to argue with.
And if we were going by revealed Fairies, 3 out of the 4 revealed have different types that take priority over other types. And Jigglypuff and Granbull have a few moves in common (even tho Granbull naturally learns more moves of other types).

I find it kinda funny when people say 'Nope, *something* can't be *something else*, it just can't happen, there's xxx and yyy and zzz that all point away from it' without actually giving it some thought. I was particularly amused by a couple of posts like these whilst Fairy was just a rumor.

Exactly. Like honestly, species name could arguably be more related to type than movepool. Take Gligar for instance: Learns 1 Ground-type move by level up (Sand-Attack) and 1 Flying-type move (Acrobatics). Learns 3 Bug-type moves by level up. Does that mean it should be a Bug type? Of course not.

I'd love to see Snubbull and Granbull gain Fairy-type. It'd make them stand out.

nightkeeper said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:

Gyarados would make sense as a Dragon, but yeah I'm not sure where you got Ice type from Milotic. Just because Water pokemon tend to have Ice type moves, and when they are paired with another type it is commonly Ice (Lapras, Dewgong), doesn't mean there isn't room for other possibilities. Fairy would be the obvious choice as a secoondary type for Milotic.

I always thought of it as a really sleek thing and that reminds me of ice. Plus I don't trust any pokedex entries almost all are bull so I don't care about the calming thing. Not to mention water is soothing to lots of people.

zappy800 said:
nightkeeper said:

I always thought of it as a really sleek thing and that reminds me of ice. Plus I don't trust any pokedex entries almost all are bull so I don't care about the calming thing. Not to mention water is soothing to lots of people.

Pokedex entries are a way to describe the pokemon's nature. Without it, they would just be creatures that battle. They would have no personality and would be unoriginal aside from design. I don't think they are "bull".

nightkeeper said:
zappy800 said:

Pokedex entries are a way to describe the pokemon's nature. Without it, they would just be creatures that battle. They would have no personality and would be unoriginal aside from design. I don't think they are "bull".

Half of them were joke dex entries so I call them bull. Like how some arbok entry says it has a different pattern based on what region its from but it doesn't even in the show.

Let's not get off-topic. If you feel like discussing Pokédex Entries you can make a thread here!

Back