What deck do you think will win Worlds?

Arcanine 274

=/
what deck do you think will win worlds? I think it will either be Jeremy Maron's BSL deck (blastoise ex/steelix ex/lugia ex), or something like del-arca-tail or metanite, or something like that.

Arcanine out.

BLS wont win worlds. It had a chance before LM was introduced but not anymore. Simply play Dustox ex and they lose, almost instantly. Metanite is overrated. It's too slow versing T2 decks and usually gets beaten by things like Zapturndos. Delarcatail might stand a chance but I doubt it will win. Anyway, when was the last time an archtype won Worlds?

Hiya,

I think Abhorsen is correct, no archetype will win the worlds, because too many people are playing it, which makes people know how the deck works, which could lead to the destruction of the combo.
I think a new rouge deck will come and win the Worlds...A Dustox deck have a very high chance for me.

cya.

I don't know why but I think ZRE will win worlds if they send out Magmar thats gonna kill Dustox ex

Arcanine 274 said:
Jeremy Maron's BSL deck (blastoise ex/steelix ex/lugia ex)
Where do you come off claming the Jeremy made LBS? Although I myself cannot claim to have made the deck, I can certainly tell you that you are dead wrong if you think that Jeremy invented it.

On topic now, I have to say that it is WAY too early to be thinking about worlds. I mean, we haven't even had any qualifiers yet. Also, there is another set coming out next month which may or may not change things. You never know.

And to respond to some other posts, LBS can get around Dustox ex easily.
~Wal

Probably a rogue deck. Its happened several times before, and it is highly likely it will happen again.

A major drawback to playing archetype decks is that everyone knows what to expect. The element of surprise is little to none. Rogue decks, on the other hand, when designed and played well, can be quite unpredictable, and unaccounted for.

I am usually in favor of original decks. The ones that are successful generally demonstrate great understanding of how cards work together and their creators have spent a considerable amount of time and energy to make it into a force to be reckoned with.

This, of course, isn't to say that general archetypes are all bad- many of them have placed high at Worlds in prior years, while not completely reaching first place. Some archetype players require a lot of prior knowledge about game mechanics, as well as experience with their deck in order to fully understand how to play it well. I have a lot of envy for decks like DragTrode, BLS, and RAMBO (previous modified format) in this matter.

What I don't like is when a player copies a broken, easy-to-use, yet popular deck that took a long time to originally make, destroy everyone around them, and let their victories get to their head.

No matter which deck type makes it to first place (or even fourth) at Worlds, they definitely deserve recognition for their achievements.

The best of Belgium has a dark-dark deck
(pokémon with dark in the name and just dark in the type). she's pretty good (Never fought her, just seen her fight)

i'm just saying that i think Jeremy's version!!! will win. i didn't say that he was the one that invented it. and the new legend maker cards do kinda kill it. i hadn't seen it them for some reason until after i posted that. wait, no, scratch that i had seen them, i just forgot what was in the set. sorry for the confusion.

arcanine out.

The funny thing is, a lot of decks that are Archetypes started out as Rogue decks that won or did very well at Qualifiers/Worlds. Queendom was a good example.

But that being said, yes it is very early to say what will do well. We still have another whole card set coming out between then and now, and we have yet to see much of what people are playing at State or anything else. So, yes, a deck that is Rogue now will be likely. It could even be using a card that is fairly popular now but is used in a totally different type of combo. I know that a lot of people prefer not to blab about how their personal decks work, instead letting their opponent see them in action, and hopefully getting the win with something unexpected and unaccounted for. Myself included...

Whatever it is, it won't be a tech deck, and stop talking about Jeremy's little Steelix deck. It's not all that good. It's not consistent plus the Meganium ex Version will drill his Blastoise ex version. Trust me.

LBS is NOT Jermy's deck. He just wrote an article on it.

No one knows what will win world's becuase there a few more sets to be released.

Back