What do you think of Rayquaza C LV.X and Banette PT in a deck together?

Could this deck ever be competive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have been thinking about this combo for a long time. Rayquaza C LV.X can damage for 200 Damage per turn without ever discarding any energy, all thanks to Banette's PokePower. For those of you who for some reason don't like clicking on the link provided, Banette's PokePower lets you discard as many cards as you like from your hand each turn, then put that many damage counters on Banette. So all you do is set up Rayquaza C LV.X with the {W}{P}{F} energy and an Energy Gain, as well as Banette, then start attacking with Rayquaza C LV.X. If you have cards in your hand before you use the attack, just discard them with Banette's PokePower. I was thinking of Sableye as a starter, as it allows you to set up quickly by grabbing Cyrus's Conspiracy/Pokemon Collector, etc. Uxie/Uxie LV.X/Dodrio/Noctowl would help with drawpower the turn after you discard all the cards in your hand with Banette. Banette will knock itself out if you keep using it's PokePower, so use SSU's and BTS, as well as Nidoqueen to help remove the damage (and help Rayquaza tank). You could possibly fit Garchomp C LV.X into the deck, but I have not tested it so I'm not sure. So here could be an unfinished decklist:

Pokemon: 23
2-2 Rayquaza C LV.X
3-3 Banette PT (3-3 is good because you need to have backup in case you are forced to knock one out)
2-2 Dodrio SV/Noctowl HS
2-1-1 Nidoqueen RR
3-1 Uxie LV.X (3-1 because you are going to hope to draw into a Uxie the turn after you use Final Blowup)
1 Azelf

T/S/S: 28
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
3 SP Radar (4 for max. speed)
2 PokeTurn
2 Energy Gain
2 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communication
3 BTS
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Night Teleporter
2 PONT

Energy: 9
3 Psychic
3 Fighting
3 Water

This is just a rough draft of the deck, it could definitely use some tweaks here and there to make it perfect. Tell me what you guys think!

~A+G

If this deck is to ever be competetive, you'll need Nidoqueen RR. It can help your Rayquayza C Lv.X tank and your Bannette survive when SSU fails.

Rikko145 said:
If this deck is to ever be competetive, you'll need Nidoqueen RR. It can help your Rayquayza C Lv.X tank and your Bannette survive when SSU fails.

Very true. What should the line be? Take out 1 more card for a 1-1-1 line, or what?

~A+G

I'd say drop a Uxie and the 4 PokeHealers for a 2-1-2 line. Just personal preferance, but I highly recommend it. ;)

Rikko145 said:
I'd say drop a Uxie and the 4 PokeHealers for a 2-1-2 line. Just personal preferance, but I highly recommend it. ;)

Yeah, I kind of need the Uxie because I hope to draw into one the turn after I use Final Blowup.... I might drop the Pokehealers.... IDK.

Thanks,
~A+G

EDIT: Wait.... I don't use rare candy so a 2-1-2 Line makes 1 of the Nidoqueens useless.....

~Absol+Gallade~ said:
Yeah, I kind of need the Uxie because I hope to draw into one the turn after I use Final Blowup.... I might drop the Pokehealers.... IDK.

Thanks,
~A+G

No, you really don't. If you only draw one card, then that's less cards that are leaving your deck and less chance you'll deck yourself.

I'm not seeing it. You have to burn 3 turns attaching (or risk getting hit to get your energies). You need to kill your hand off (making you NEED to get some haxy top decks). I just cannot see it working. You have weakness to Garchomp C X (which means almost every SP player will have a freeish win on you). You line up your bench with free prizes for any Luxray/anything player. If anything, I'd say replace the (useless) DodrioSV/Noctowl with Staraptor FB X. It can at least... try to do something I guess. Max out PONT if you were to do this.

Can the deck be competitive? No. It cannot seem to recover from anything major, and it is not hard to set you into recover mode.

Milotic is another choice to run with same strat. Instead of doing the insane and unneeded 200 damage, you do lik e80 damage and become invincible.

The problem with ray is that when it is taken down, you lose. It can be good vs. tank decks but there are not many of those around.

I tried this deck along with Blissey PT. It was so inconsistent, and it took me forever to get Energy on Rayquaza C LV.X. I even ran four Energy Pickup, but that was flippy and it rarely went my way. Rayquaza C LV.X doesn't have much HP, and gets one-shotted by Garchomp C LV.X before it has a chance to get set up. Dialga G LV.X shuts down its Poke-Body.

Sorry A&G. :\

EspeonROX said:
I tried this deck along with Blissey PT. It was so inconsistent, and it took me forever to get Energy on Rayquaza C LV.X. I even ran four Energy Pickup, but that was flippy and it rarely went my way. Rayquaza C LV.X doesn't have much HP, and gets one-shotted by Garchomp C LV.X before it has a chance to get set up. Dialga G LV.X shuts down its Poke-Body.

Sorry A&G. :\

Yeah, the deck does have a lot of flaws, I noticed. Except for one thing you mentioned. Dialga G LV.X can't shut down it's body because Rayquaza is an SP Pokemon....

~A+G

Yeah, I've tried this before, and it doesn't work to well. Rayquaza will take 2-3 turns to charge up (if you get a good start) and even after that you need to get rid of your hand which can be a big challenge without Bannete. Also, once you get rid of your hand, you have a hard time recovering. Finally, Rayquaza gets one-shotted by Garchomp C which is one of the most popular cards in the format.

One things that might work for this is night teleporter. If you hit heads then it can decrease the amount of damage that you have to put on banette.

~Absol+Gallade~ said:
Yeah, the deck does have a lot of flaws, I noticed. Except for one thing you mentioned. Dialga G LV.X can't shut down it's body because Rayquaza is an SP Pokemon....

~A+G

D'oh. Nonetheless, you're KO'd in two turns, so you won't be able to do much anyways. You'll get a KO, then you're done. Sounds like RDL to me.

i have played 2 different kind of decks with Rayquaza C and 1 of them was a success ^^ your list looks good but when playing rayquaza you will need something to empty your hand, right? i know you play banette but "night teleporter" from SV is a great card in this deck. look it up if you don't know what it dose.

Maybe 0-1-1 nidoqueen? It's not really needed in the deck since it won't have the time to really heal your rayquaza and save it from being k.o ed. The rest of the nidoqueen line (2-1-1 you have left). You could take it out for something else that might be useful for this deck. Like a secondary attacker maybe?
You could attack with banette but it will get k.o ed easily after the attack.

Okay, I took 0-1-1 out for the Night Teleporter. What would you think of Garchomp C as a second attacker? I'm not sure about it, because the I'd probably need to add a couple DCE's as well....

~A+G

Garchomp C X is bad if you are not using DCE.

Yuki, are you serious? If you are... wow... If not, just because this deck is BAD doesn't mean you have to TRY actively to make it worse.

First, NEVER run 2-1-1 of anything unless the basic is what you're playing it for. Also, Night Teleporter is a REALLY BAD card. Anything that says "flip a coin" should not be played unless it is REALLY worth it. Here's my genuine advice. Drop Dodrio. Drop Nidoqueen and add a 2-2 Staraptor FB line. Quicken up your trainer line so that it isn't as hard to empty your hand. Play supporters that can get rid of eachother. For example, cyrus can go into SPdar to get rid of your other supporters. Bebe can get rid of other supporters directly. PONT can reshuffle your hand. Collector is just good to have.

Once again, I'd highly recommend smoothing up your lines. You want to consistantly be handless, but with an escape route. Just drop some pokes that really don't help you. I'm not saying this will help you win, as there is no way to remedy the fact that you spend so much time setting up a guy just to get 2 shotted.

dce for rayquaza CX, no, but i do agree as 1 dce in that deck can help out every other pokemon card in your deck, uxie lx donk, etc. the only issue i have with this deck is it has a 3-3 small tech line a 2-2 nuke and support Pokémon?, the only reason i'm calling banette PT small tech is because it is, a majority of deck's in the current format are dealing a good 100 dmg by t1-t2, instead maybe run a 3-2-3 gengar sf line as it would probably add as a better tech while your powering up rayquaza CX, and might last longer. In truth for competitive play I don't think this is a very good deck, it take's 4 turns to setup rayquaza CX and you have no additional attacker's just tech cards standing as a sort of wall to guard there main cannon (warfare simile), in the beginning you might take the smaller dmg that you need, there's a 50/50 chance that shuppet or banette will be donked t1 by a majority of deck's that use sableye. But as the game get's going and they're hitting you for roughly around 100 each turn, how can banette manage? cya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back