BW/BW2 What do YOU want from an XD sequel?

Do you want an "XD" sequel?

• Yes, an XD sequel is long overdue.

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Yes, but changes would be needed.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • No, these games are done.

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Alvin, I like the Pokemon franchise... I really do. If you like something, you will critique it heavily to make it better. I have been unable to get my fill of the franchise due to all the garbage they've been turning out. I know the series is capable of entertaining me... look at the 1st/2nd gen spin-offs... they were worthwhile of my time. If we choke them out of making bad games, perhaps they'll start putting effort into the games? Who knows... People here are saying that they want more of the same from remakes... but perhaps there's more to be had of higher quality? Just sayin'

Too much critique would also not be healthy. I should know because I'm a very critical person with regard to a lot of things. In fact as far as pokemon is concerned I can safely say that I do NOT like the franchise in general, only certain very specific parts of it. But that's ok. To each his own. GameFreak, Genius Sorority and all the other developers do not exist to please everyone 100%. I'm well aware that I've long since outgrown their target market (lest we forget, pokemon is still mainly aimed at kids... if you're ever in the mood to criticise things like pokemon musical for being juvenile or childish). Plus for me it's really more of a mild dislike than outright hatred (I think it's stupid to hate a game. Hate is an extreme emotion best reserved for things that cause grievous hurt or damage).

I believe that if you truly like something, you will accept it for what it is, good things, bad things... all of it without trying to "choke it to become better" (there is a very thin line between constructive feedback and merely just ranting about dislikes).

Let's look at human relationships for example. If you like someone but he/she happens to have some personality quirk or habit that you are very critical about, will you want to force that person to change for your sake? Do you even have the right to demand that of another person? And if you critique something much more than you appreciate all the good stuff from it, then do you truly like it as much as you try to convince yourself that you do? Problems are disliked, but dislikes are not necessarily problems. For example it is GameFreak's problem if there is a gameplay bug in BW, but it is most certainly not their problem if some guy out there hates the design of the raijin trio (unless the guy is the art director), or the idea of Pokemon Musical, or anything that does not constitute an actual concrete problem.

My personal philosophy on likes and dislikes is to stick to what you like, and disregard the rest instead of harping on it in the hopes that it will magically turn things more in my favour. I absolutely do not believe in making demands to parties who have zero obligation to fulfil said demands (despite what some believe, game developers actually have no obligation to listen to fans). Furthermore I think it's borderline hypocritical to say you "like" something if, when asked about exactly what do you LIKE about it, the best you can reply with is a mention of a tiny handful of stuff.

Wow I wish I watched this thread more intently.

You people complaining about lack of effort and story make me laugh (especially you Zero.) In all seriousness who plays Pokemon for story (especially back in Gen 3 day.) XD and Colosseum were obviously an attempt at story (which wasn't that great I'll admit) as well as reintroducing currently unavailable pokemon (well that was the case for Colosseum anyway.) PBR was a different creature all together as DP allowed the player to catch nearly all Pokemon without including other games, so they dropped the catch Pokemon aspect for the console games and tried to reinvent Stadium and Stadium 2 which functioned more as a battle simulator than anything else, which obviously isn't what fans wanted anymore and lead to disappointment.

Pokemon spin-offs aren't terrible IMO as they present rarer or unique systems to play Pokemon, though successes vary (like Ranger.) I like Ranger 2 and the PMD for their gameplay (and PMDs story-lines and characters.)

Anyway to the task at hand. If an XD follow-up is to occur then there are a few things that I would want included. 1.) New character models as some of the ones in XD are hard to look at. 2.) Exclusive moves like in XD, only better ones that can actually aid a pokemon's competitive status (maybe even DW abilities) 3.) Inclusion of a mini-games mode like Stadium and Stadium 2 had.

20 years ago, cipher was destroyed. Not to far away was a village blessed by the precense of celebi. Although blessed, many people all over the region have left with their strongest pokemon to a newer poketopia. But the peace does not last. Soon all the competitors and their pokemon are captured. Even worse, celebi has beeen captured and has become a shadow pokemon! The forest immediately dies as it is captured. News arrives that a new team has taken over. Cipher is not the cuplrit but is also trying to take power, along with bounty hunters. Now its up to you (with your aura sphere, aura seeking riolu), your 2 friends (leafeon and glaceon owners).

Goal: save celebi from itself, then a shadow darkrai (turned evil and used to make shadow pokemon)

Villains: All have a dark pokemon and two shadow pokemon. Some are not originally evil.
Ex. Leopradsu w/ delcatty and persian
Ex. Tyranitar w/ waruvial and cacturne

Poketopia: worldwide with many (taken over) facilities. Have to get in and free important people, pokemon and gain access to use that facility whenever.

Legends:
reshiram, zekrom, kyremu: wants their unlimited power
giratina, dialga, palkia: just seems important darkrai, celebi: already said
musketeers: provide help sometimes, but also do not trust you.
absol: not a lgend but always forewarns
shaymin: temporarily helps purify

Others:
can purify slowly in team by making that cycle used before.
all shadow pokemon look like lugia did
deep story with plenty of mini gamesd and a poketopia.
wild pokemon
people dont know how to the foreign isshu pokemon.
Possibly a eevee that can change into any of its forms. Thatd be fun

sorry this post is i long, got tons of ideas.

@frostwind: That's not such a bad idea along the lines of an XD sequel; if they kept doing the same old same old I wouldn't mind something along the lines of a Glaceon/Leafeon starter, for the Relic Forest to be threatened by the evil team. I would LOVE to see Absol play a part, as I've always wanted it to have something to do with a game story, considering it is the disaster Pokemon. If Cipher HAD to return once more, I would want to keep it at a smaller role, like Team Snagem did in XD, just a team that has been trying to get back to their old selves, like Snagem. Interesting. However, the more I think of it, the more I'd just rather have an all new, unique spinoff.

Thank you. Actually i was thinking of 3 teams. 1 team now in power over the region, one who is also evil but wants to take over, and some bounty hunters who help either for the right price.
I still rather have an eevee who can turn into any of its evolutions at will but thats wishful thinking.
Id also like the characters to all have major points to the plot. Plus mirror b since without him xd has no meaning.
Mostly trying to make poketopia (or a similar place) fit in, and make the hero be the only one who can save the day.

I'd prefer to see a new XD game on an entirely new continent with more Pokemon from different generations. Glaceon and Leafeon as your starting pair is a cool idea, but early game Fire types would shred you apart. Or maybe start with a Porygon (makes sense if you're the child of a lab technician like the last game) and have the lab call you up at certain points in the game with ways to evolve it without trading it. Or even better, have the evolutions happen after you've purified a set number of Pokemon.

The return of Team Cipher on a different continent would be cool, but what would blow my mind would be the return of Team Rocket and other crime teams from other games (such as Magma, Aqua, Dim Sun, etc.) in an unholy alliance. It would blow my mind to have to fight Giovanni and Archie at the same time.

What is exactly Pokemon XD?
By the way, Zero, i love your new avatar. It looks like a human galade! <3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_XD:_Gale_of_Darkness

It was a GCN game, came out after Colosseum.

dmaster out.

Thats what i thought about the leafeon/glaceon duo.
But not 2 known teams. They all hate each other. There must be plenty of strong shadow pokemon. Maybe a new region where the shadow project is reborn. With a jet black shadow reshiram and zekrom.

^I'd rather see a Shadow Arceus
If Arceus is the Creator then wouldn't it be amazing to have a destroyer pokemon. It's like corrupting a god.
:)

Thatd be awesome. With a shadow dragon/ energy dragon trio with it.
There should also be a pokemon population project. My way of getting tourists to see rare and exlusive (isshu) pokemon.

Imagine if there were a an rpg mode as seen in the first with upgraded graphics and created by square-enix.Fully rendered cgi cutscenes as well as the way you would play it in a final fantasy game,catch say a Pikachu,you level it up through a grid after gaining a bit of exp.(Experience points)earning new moves along the level up grid.A final superboss pokemon to end it all.

It would be awsome to see a main pokemon game(for example pokemon black and white) on the wii where you beat gyms, etc, because we never got to experience this on the tv. Hopefully gamefreak will consider this mabye for a sequel or just making the pokemon games avaliable for multiple consols and not just the ds.

i second exactly what luigi said.
There would be tons of places (desert, jungle, ocean, volcano, etc) with maybe 9 mini bosses at each stage, a final boss, and a legend for post story fun.
What would be fun is an xd game that is connected to ds games through the storyline.

^that is an interesting concept as well frostwind,it would be interesting if you possibly continue your adventure through the ds and then transfer your data to the wii to continue.

@Extreme Pokemon Fan,
Well, they kind of did that on TV exept without all the 3D effects and the story line. Ex. Pokemon Box RS Allowed you to play Pokemon Ruby + Pokemon Saphire on your TV. Same an Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 with the Metal+Color games. Color games=Pokemon Yellow,Red,ect.
Metal games= Pokemon Gold,Crystal,ect.

one thing i liked about xd was the moves the shadow pokemon knew once purified. they would know either
a) an egg move
b)a tm move, or
c) a move it can never learn, like heal bell on mareep.
i didn't like colloseum that much because there was no purify chamber, but that's a pretty stupid reason. also, i thought it was cool how the main was ex-team snagem, (stupid name) but the girl was annoying. PBR was a horrible game.

Making another game like Pokemon Stadium or Coliseum/XD:GoD/PBR wouldn't be bad.
If they were to make another PBR for 5th gen, I'd like to see some mini-games or Gym Leader battles.

Back