Help What is McDonalds froaking problem???

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
so, i posted this in the Happy Meal thread, but nobody is replying... so maybe i can get more replies in its own thread...

so... someone tell me if this is just a me problem...

so i go in to my mcdonalds...
i wait forever at the register... which is just for complaints and refunds... because everyone that comes in, is either pre orders, doordash, or using the humanless checkout...
so, im like, im ordering food, but if i was ordering just food, id use the humanless checkout, but i have a question... im buying the toys separate, and id like one of each of the numbers you have...

the kid tells me adults cant buy any, unless they have a kid with them, and only buying the meal, so i asked for the manager... who said the same thing... i cant buy individual toys, and I cant buy a happymeal... unless i have a child with me... so im like... are you denying me service? cause what if i did drive thru, doordash, or self checkout??? they said yes...

is everyone else doing this as normal???

EDIT - i talked to a few more managers, they said this only applies to adults 'inside', and that it doesnt apply to Drive-thru, or Doordash... but it might run the risk of getting a non pokemon toy. but then im like, why would i buy the 'toy' for a price of the kids meal anyway... I have since read the actual McDonalds rule for this, which says its up to the worker, to judge if the happymeal will be eaten by an adult or a child... and to not let a childless adult buy it... i feel like this is against some kinda law.
A. why is it only against the walk-ins?
B. i wasnt going to eat in... i was technically drive through, but we had a trailer on, so i was thinking walking in would be quicker... i was wrong.
C. the reason they are doing this is because of crap 2 years ago... and it doesnt solve the problem... im not even a scalper, im a collector... you should be able to buy the toy, if you buy other food, but they literally didnt let me buy anything, period.

If they let anyone buy the cards, they'd probably run out quickly. They want to save them for the actual kids. I highly doubt this is against any laws.

so, i posted this in the Happy Meal thread, but nobody is replying... so maybe i can get more replies in its own thread...

so... someone tell me if this is just a me problem...

so i go in to my mcdonalds...
i wait forever at the register... which is just for complaints and refunds... because everyone that comes in, is either pre orders, doordash, or using the humanless checkout...
so, im like, im ordering food, but if i was ordering just food, id use the humanless checkout, but i have a question... im buying the toys separate, and id like one of each of the numbers you have...

the kid tells me adults cant buy any, unless they have a kid with them, and only buying the meal, so i asked for the manager... who said the same thing... i cant buy individual toys, and I cant buy a happymeal... unless i have a child with me... so im like... are you denying me service? cause what if i did drive thru, doordash, or self checkout??? they said yes...

is everyone else doing this as normal???

EDIT - i talked to a few more managers, they said this only applies to adults 'inside', and that it doesnt apply to Drive-thru, or Doordash... but it might run the risk of getting a non pokemon toy. but then im like, why would i buy the 'toy' for a price of the kids meal anyway... I have since read the actual McDonalds rule for this, which says its up to the worker, to judge if the happymeal will be eaten by an adult or a child... and to not let a childless adult buy it... i feel like this is against some kinda law.
A. why is it only against the walk-ins?
B. i wasnt going to eat in... i was technically drive through, but we had a trailer on, so i was thinking walking in would be quicker... i was wrong.
C. the reason they are doing this is because of crap 2 years ago... and it doesnt solve the problem... im not even a scalper, im a collector... you should be able to buy the toy, if you buy other food, but they literally didnt let me buy anything, period.
I replied on the other thread, but I have not had any problem buying these since I want the entire set. I do purchase a Happy Meal out of decency but I usually get an extra pack without the Happy Meal as well. I'm sorry you're having a problem.

I replied on the other thread, but I have not had any problem buying these since I want the entire set. I do purchase a Happy Meal out of decency but I usually get an extra pack without the Happy Meal as well. I'm sorry you're having a problem.
right... last couple years, they were wanting to do the same thing, but kept it at, a limit of 5, per visit... and im like, thats totally fine, i was only wanting 1 of each box/toy anyway... that i know of, the scalping thing was only bad like 2 years ago... when the pickachu holo was like $50 or something. luckily i believe the full sets on ebay are a good price...

Back