What Is The Best Diamond And Pearl Set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikiaj

Aspiring Trainer
What is the best diamond and pearl set Diamond and Pearl, Mesterious
Tresures, or Secret Wonders?[/color]

Hmm...I personally like the regular set of Diamond and Pearl. Empoleon and Lucario are HUGELY awesome, with great sniping abilites and speed.

There is no "Best" set, it all depends on personal preference.
Some might argue that Mysterious Treasures is best, as it contains Blissey and Lots of other great cards, but others might fight for Secret Wonders, simply because it has most of Gardellade in it.
So really, it depends what deck you're going for, or what cards in particular.
If you've just started playing then you probably won't know that many decks or good cards, so you won't know what to go for.
In which case I would recommend Secret Wonders, because with that set you could build T2Bannette or Gardellade.
Then again, in Mysterous Treasures, you could build T2Kricketune [[and it has Quick Balls]], Blissey, as a solo deck or to play with another card.
What you could do, is write down every card you like/use/want, and then check which set has most of those carrds, and decide you're favourite set that way.

I give it to SW by miles.

-It has all the Trainers that will be staples after the next rotation: Bebe's, Mars, Roseanne's, Rowan, POV . . .
- It has a bunch of great starters: Absol, Stantler, Sentret/Furret, Smeargle, Spinda
- Gardevoir has the most broken Power in the whole of Modified
- It has great Pokemon that can be used to make new decks or improve old ones: Weavile, Magmortar, Arcanine, Ampharos, Banette, Gallade, Breloom, Donphan . . .
- It even has techs just begging to be used: Plusle, Sableye, Corsola, Xatu . . .
- There is very little worthless filler: you can make a decent deck out of virtually everything . . . except Ludicolo ;-)

Secret Wonders.

It comtains most of the best cards in the current format, with great Starters.

MT and SW were the best sets so far, but I think Great Encounters may well outshine both of them with all its good Trainer cards and Lvl. X's.

Aside from Electivire, Lucario, and the starters, the base DP set was rather blah, which is typical of "base sets" in general (except for the original Base Set).

darkrai77 said:
secret wonders is the best charizard blastoise venusaur gallade lugia ho-oh entei
It's against the Forum Rules to post in a thread with a reply that is older than two weeks. Always check the date of the last post in the thread before posting. You should read the Forum Rules to reduce your chance of getting banned. Thanks!

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back