What is your most memorable premier event?

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
This is a thread where people can post their most memorable premier events. Either because you did well or something memorable happened that locked that event in your mind forever. For example, my most memorable premier event would have to be Nationals 2012, because it was really awesome to meet all of the cool people and have an intense tournament experience.

Make sure to add why. Any post that does not include the "why" will be treated as spam.

Worlds/Grinders 2012 because i got in which of course was amazing. The next day i did better then any other player from my area and i was shocked and pleasantly surprised. I did it with a rogue deck of my own design, too. The only downside was placing 33rd, which meant i was one spot away from a box of EP.
EDIT AAGH I FAIL 2011

A City Championships I went to in Georgia a 2 years ago I think.
I got 3rd with my rogue deck that everyone else thought was crazy/dumb. :p

blargh257 said:
Worlds/Grinders 2012 because i got in which of course was amazing. The next day i did better then any other player from my area and i was shocked and pleasantly surprised. I did it with a rogue deck of my own design, too. The only downside was placing 33rd, which meant i was one spot away from a box of EP.

He's from the future. :O

Florida States 2009. It was my last big one, but aside from that, the entire experience was nifty. Wake up at 6, get my first ride across the state, register in a place with old Worlds stuff. Play a lot of matches, hear some guy sing some PokeGym song, eat a turkey sandwich for lunch by the beach. Play Trozei download play. And then get Platinum in the morning. Yeah, I don't really remember much of the card stuff for that one, or any one really. But it was definitely my most memorable premier event.

Chariblaze said:
He's from the future. :O

Sorry about that.

Another memorable tournament was Regionals 2011. I went 6-1 and lost in T4, which is the best i've done at any large event.

Majestic Dawn prerelease.

I remember it distinctly because of the fact that I made a gigantic misplay and lost against my opponent one round.
I placed 2nd. If I had not messed up, I could have placed 1st.

Then at the Dark Explorers prerelease, I fought the very guy I'd lost to in the first round, and this time I won. I lost only one round this time, as before, except that time I just got Groudon'd to death. (I placed 3rd due to resistance, however - not 2nd.)

Nationals 2011 because It was my first nationals and I went 8-1 in swiss and actually played in a top cut game for the first time ever

NJ States 2011

5-0 w/ my nearly untested rogue SP deck. I used Roserade GL and donked my friend during the tourney. Got 3rd. Fun fun fun.
Edit: R3 I was against another 3-0 who was playing BIBAREL. It was interesting, but I sweeped him.
PA Regionals 2010

My first year playing. I was playing half the season, and after failing at States, I went to Regionals with my changed up Gardellade (at first it was Infernape/Gallade.....don't ask it was all paper). I lsot the 1st round, then the 2nd to Justin who was playing Straight Dusknoir.....or something like that. Then, I manage to get a bye and win out. My first win out, that inspired many more......I placed 16th (lolol) and since i was a Junior (aaaaw) no top cut. Oh well it was fun.

Oh yeah. It was funny how at the regs, Bryan (my friend) placed 17th.
Wasn't there a thread 4 this stuff anyways?...

A CC in 2010. I placed 2nd, and it was my first event. It was with my own creation, Scizor Prime/Flygon RR/Glalie AR.

RogueChomp said:
NJ States 2011

5-0 w/ my nearly untested rogue SP deck. Roserade donked my friend. Got 3rd. Fun fun fun.

PA Regionals 2010

My first year playing. I was playing half the season, and after failing at States, I went to Regionals with my changed up Gardellade (at first it was Infernape/Gallade.....don't ask it was all paper). I lsot the 1st round, then the 2nd to Justin who was playing Straight Dusknoir.....or something like that. Then, I manage to get a bye and win out. My first win out, that inspired many more.....I placed 16th (lolol) and since i was a Junior (aaaaw) no top cut. Oh well it was fun.

Oh yeah. It was funny how at the regs, Bryan (my friend) placed 17th.
Wasn't there a thread 4 this stuff anyways?...

My first event too!

My most memorable events are SBRs 2010 because I got 3rd and it was my second tournament, and Philly regs 2012 because I donked RougeChomp did a lot better than expected with a barely tested deck.

I'd have to say either Nationals 2012 or Illinois States 2012. Nationals because it was my first time, and along with meeting new people and the general experience, I got to see my friend get a Worlds invite by placing top 4 in VGC Masters. Of course, States was my first top cut (made top 8), and I managed to beat Jason Klaczynski in Swiss after losing to him at Cities, so that was a nice little accomplishment.

Utah states 2009... Reasoning behind this: Me and my friend where playing massively rogue decks with Rosrade, and Garydoes (both has same deck) we both took top 4 and we kinda met all the competitive players in the area... They all played Luxchomp which was our best matchup, but some teched in some really crappy guys and yeah I kinda wanted to rage on that.

Another thing that ties would be Layton Cities 2010, I got lost in the new cards and lost quickly, but my friend took first with a deck that had Typhlosion Prime, and luxray G LV.X in there. It was an amazing year for him.

EDIT: Years may be off because I have a faulty memory on the years

A CC a few years ago. I was still pretty new to competitive play and I was using a kickgrass Magtran with Areodactyl MD. There were 5 rounds and a top 4. I lost round one to a Magnezone deck because I forgot about their Dusknoir DP and played an extra Magmar on the bench (idk if it actually cost me the game but it sure didn't help). I then proceed to win 4 games in a row putting me at 4-1. Better than I had ever done before. The standings go up and....
5th -_-

My first Battle Roads which was last summer/fall.

It was my first major tournament other than prereleases and I got 3rd place and got to meet people that I would see at different tournaments.

States this year. I finished 3rd, I was so happy as this was the biggest tourney I had been to at the time :)

A cities last year for me. I made top cut, and I beat Taren R, who is like the best player in my area.

Spring Battle Roads, 2012.

I remember that the first round i had a buy, went 'huh', and then walked down the street to get some food as i was still half-asleep.

The next two rounds, both of opponents managed to break through Gothitelle and get a free turn of items, yet still couldn't really turn it around.

Round 3, we each had a lone Mewtwo EX start and somehow mine won.

I ended up placing first and got 4 packs of mainly jank, but my first Victory Cup medal. Second place got 2 packs and pulled an EX. >_>

Nats '11. Incredible experience, met some nice ppl, but the thing that made it most memorable...
INSANELY BAD LUCK... see what I mean.
R1- He sweeps 4 prizes with RDL, I cannot find Bouffalant until he is up 4-0. He has two cards left in deck and only Cleffa, Magnezone, and Emboar on bench. I decide to go with Revenge to KO Bouffalant instead of trying to deck him with Cleffa stall. I KO, he promotes Cleffa, plays RDL (He had a rescue on it), Fishermans, attaches Lightning and fandangos 3, the retreats and Ozone Busters for game. He swept me 6-0 with RDL!
R2- I start lone Bouffalant. At least I win anyway
R3- He starts sweeping with RDL. I actually get to reversal his Emboar but he topdecks Switch and sweeps me like what happened R1 bcuz my Bouffalant was prized.
Against a Reshiboar (I think R6)- I hit 3 reversal tails where either would win me the game. THEN, hit heads on Cleffa when tails would've won me the game.
(I think R7)- got donked

Back