XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc

I wanted a snowy area where you can go skiing with your Pokémon. I envision it working kind of like that one route in Hoenn where it was filled with currents, except you'd be able to have more control over your movements. Different paths could lead you to trainers, or items, or secret areas.

Well, I would like it anyway. >.>

I actually think it would be pretty cool if the various towns and areas of the region were based off of different countries in Europe.

Also, maybe this is more strict mechanics related, but I'd love to see multiple save states, faster saving times, and better implementation of quick-using items. Also to not be asked each time I load up the game if I want to load up the wi-fi thing. Also also to have an easily reference-able type effectiveness chart, because even after playing these games for over a decade, I still have a hard time remember all of the weaknesses and strengths outside of the obvious ones.

RE: What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc

The return of the World Tournament. And all that stuff you guys said about Surf/Dive/Dig/Fly.

I'd like to see large, vivid backgrounds, with Pokemon in them. I'd also like to see entrance images like FR/LG and HG/SS.

Shocker said:
I'd like to see large, vivid backgrounds, with Pokemon in them. I'd also like to see entrance images like FR/LG and HG/SS.
I was thinking something similar. With the battles being in 3D (with no 2D sprites) and all, I was hoping for battle backrounds similar to the ones in Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Y'know, with a bunch of stuff going on rather than just trees, sand, and water.

Weather to be completely random all over the region. No "snow specific" cities or routes, just completely random, and possibly all over the region.

Since these games take place in PokeFrance, I really hope to see a good Daft Punk reference, maybe even have them (or something based of them) as a double battle gym leader, or at least as typical double-battle trainers.

CyberCat5555 said:
Since these games take place in PokeFrance, I really hope to see a good Daft Punk reference, maybe even have them (or something based of them) as a double battle gym leader, or at least as typical double-battle trainers.

Not sure how likely that'd be, but having a dance/disco club as a gym would be really cool and has a better chance of getting in the game, since that genre of music is very popular in France.

Zoroark316 said:
An option to accept or deny a trainers challenge to battle

....why? They are how they are now for a reason, to test and train you. If you just take that away so many kids and people will just skip past all the trainers and take forever with the game. I don't skip any trainers but my cousin does and it messes him up all the time when his pokemon are too low level.

Also, for the love of god, MULTIPLE SAVE FILES ;-;

How about having the option post game? Once you beat the Elite Four, most trainers are probably going to be too afraid or weak to fight you.

Also, they could do an in-game reset where you go back through to the missing/previously unattainable areas of the game and all of the trainees are much stronger.

frostwind said:
How about having the option post game? Once you beat the Elite Four, most trainers are probably going to be too afraid or weak to fight you.

Also, they could do an in-game reset where you go back through to the missing/previously unattainable areas of the game and all of the trainees are much stronger.
Makes sense especially when trainers waste my time even though I'm running around with a level 100 Arceus.
And the multiple save files suggestion is absolutely necessary. I hate not being able to make files for my friends who don't have the game.

A water-type move which is equivalent to Thunder, Blizzard, Focus Blast, etc. It's has been a long time...I want one. Don't y'all think so too?

For example; Tsunami-120 BP, 70 accuracy, a chance to lower defense. (Hey, it's a tsunami after all. :p)

If I'm correct, Hydro Pump does exist.

Haunted Water said:
If I'm correct, Hydro Pump does exist.

Oh bah, forgot about that..

Moving on. :p

Hmmmm now that I think about it, this is more of a pokemon stadium battle look. I hope they make it so if you use something like tackle you actually hit the pokemon instead of lunging forward and then the other pokemon gets struck with what I guess is the breeze you just launched at them, that always annoyed me in pokemon stadium.

Also I hope for an expansive post game, maybe all te trainers got better and you have to go back through, also some trainer in the game that has 90+ pokemon, like if red came back, tired of facing the level 60-70 in b/w b2/w2

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but something akin to Chansey Daycare from PMD2 to leave Eggs at, to hatch. Could be something near the actual Daycare, and maybe have a feature where we can trade our own Eggs for a different one ingame (ie give in a Patrat Egg and recieve a Lillipup Egg), and depending of the rarity of our Egg we get a rare one in return (e.g. give in a Beldum Egg and get a Zorua Egg in return).

I've wanted DEVOLUTION since Gen 1; something that *superficially* changes a pokemon back to its pre-evo, but keeps all other properties as though still evolved. Really, it'd technically just change the sprite (er, 3d model, I guess) and species name.

I just so badly want an adorable little Duskull with all the power of Dusknoir. They would just need an icon or special effect (glowy aura, or something) so the opponent knows it's a "devolved" poke and not what it really resembles.

Also, now that we're going 3d, it should be easy for trainer avatars to be customizable with different clothes, masks and faces, like in Animal Crossing!

I could see X and Y specifically try to deal with devolving Pokemon but I think it'd have to be a little different that you are imagining.

I'm guessing a hypothetical requirements:
-cannot have any move the previous evolution could not have (no Outraging Magikarps)
-stats would be lowered based on the previous evolution's
-pokemon would then have to be re-evolved the same way (e.g. using a Thunder Stone or leveling it up with high friendship)

This could be really abused by Eevee. As long as you had the right stones (and the tms which don't run out), you could take on the Elite Four going from an Umbreon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon -> Jolteon, with the moves to make them worth having.

frostwind said:
I could see X and Y specifically try to deal with devolving Pokemon but I think it'd have to be a little different that you are imagining.

I'm guessing a hypothetical requirements:
-cannot have any move the previous evolution could not have (no Outraging Magikarps)
-stats would be lowered based on the previous evolution's
-pokemon would then have to be re-evolved the same way (e.g. using a Thunder Stone or leveling it up with high friendship)

This could be really abused by Eevee. As long as you had the right stones (and the tms which don't run out), you could take on the Elite Four going from an Umbreon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon -> Jolteon, with the moves to make them worth having.

I say they should be able to keep the moves, I would laugh if a Magikarp used outrage on me. Only a couple poke have splitting evos so it wouldn't do too much harm. Eeveelutions could have attacks from there counterparts, leafeon with flamethrower, thunder, hydro pump, and lead blade.

I think that'd be overdoing it and would completely wreck battling though. You wouldn't know what to expect, which is cool, but a pokemon like Leafeon that knew Flamethrower, Thunder, etc. is a little much.

frostwind said:
I think that'd be overdoing it and would completely wreck battling though. You wouldn't know what to expect, which is cool, but a pokemon like Leafeon that knew Flamethrower, Thunder, etc. is a little much.

Doesn't mean there stats would get out of control, it would just mix up the attack pool of multi evo pokemon (bellossom/vileplume, eevee, hitmonlee/chan/top)

Back