What should I do with my Charizard Star (Black Charizard)?

Should I get my Charizard Star autographed?

• Total voters
I have a card called Charizard Star (EX Dragon Frontiers). From what I've heard it is very rare, and is worth $30-50. I have had one almost since I first started collecting the cards, but I had it (and other cards) stolen a couple times. I was only 7/8 at the time, and I had no idea about rarity and price value of cards. My parents advised me to right my name on my cards that were getting stolen, so I did. Now I have written my name on the back of my Charizard Star, so it is almost completely devalued. What do you think I should do with it? Should I get it signed by other people, or just keep it as it is?

Thank you,
~A+G

The hardcore collectors dont want it signed. I dont think that would mean anything to them. Plus, I picture it being hard to prove that they signed it and not some random person.

shadoworganoid said:
The hardcore collectors don't want it signed. I don't think that would mean anything to them. Plus, I picture it being hard to prove that they signed it and not some random person.

Yeah, that's what I thought.... But what if I took a picture of them autographing it?

~A+G

Like you said, it's already devalued by way too much because you wrote your name on the back of it. No collector would want to have any of their collectibles written on. So I guess since no one would really trade for it anyways you might as well get it signed for your own purposes.

*Give it to me* (Ok, I know~that was a joke).
I'm one of the few ppl who likes VA's/VIP/etc autographs (I've got over 50 autographed cards (mainly ppl who do VA's of YGO/GX/5Ds/DBZ/Naruto).

most of the time it wont be worth alot since collectors dont want signed cause but if it was signed by the illustrator who did the artwork then it might be worth something

Here is a third option. Don't get it signed by someone else.

Go and do something great with your life, something legendary. Become a huge success so that after some years paparazzi would be dying to take your photo. Then go to Ebay and sell your Charizard.
Tada!

YourP1MP said:

Go and do something great with your life, something legendary. Become a huge success so that after some years paparazzi would be dying to take your photo. Then go to Ebay and sell your Charizard.
Tada!

LOL! That would take a long time, though. I doubt i'll ever become famous (I don't intend to). But still, that would be hilarious!

~A+G

Give it to me this Sunday. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Or you could give it to a really close friend of yours. That's what I did with my Entei Promo (okay sure, it's just an Entei, compared with Charizard*, but same idea! Entei Promo was like, a GOD to me back then...)

Or you might as well keep it. I mean, its value's only going to rise as the packs are OOP right? Also, you might actually become legendary or famous or rich or whatever, and then your autographed card will shoot to billions of dollars worth. Then donate those billions of dollars to charity (charity's actually my middle name, so you can give the money to me), thusly becoming more rich and famous!

I don't want to tell you what to do with your stuff but if you don't have a strong emotional attachment to it my girlfriend is trying to collect star cards and would LOVE it. I would happily trade you for it, it would make her very happy, even if it is signed.

Alex(charm)ander said:
I don't want to tell you what to do with your stuff but if you don't have a strong emotional attachment to it my girlfriend is trying to collect star cards and would LOVE it. I would happily trade you for it, it would make her very happy, even if it is signed.

I probably would trade, but I'm not really aloud to send cards by mail..... *rolling eyes*

~A+G

YourP1MP said:

Tada!

I think that's the best idea.

I dunno, just use it yourself. You've already lost the property value, so just use it as a signing card.

Back