DPPt/HGSS What Starter Do You Avoid Most?

What type do you avoid the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generation1 - Charizard
Generation2 - Feraligatr/Typhlosion/Meganium
Generation3 - Swampert/Blaziken
Generation4 - Infernape

Goes in order I chose for each game. (ie: Gold/Silver/Crystal, Feraligatr/Typhlosion/Meganium)

IDK why, but I have always liked Fire Pokemon.

I tend to pick Grass types because they're easy to start out with, and I usually switch starters off my team at some point. I would've used Infernape this gen, but honestly, his movelist is pretty bad unless you give him TMs and move tutorting (in which case he's awesome, but I'd rather save my TMs for Post-Game)

That being said, I chose torchic in both Sapphire & Emerald.

I usually pick wichever i think is the better between the grass and water option because the first gym in the game is like always a rock type gym and i am never able to get past it with the fire type and flying that i tend to start the game out with. :cool:

Elite Stride said:
I usually pick wichever I think is the better between the grass and water option because the first gym in the game is like always a rock type gym and I am never able to get past it with the fire type and flying that I tend to start the game out with. :cool:

Err... that's why generation 3 & 4 made them easy to evolve into fire/fighting. :D

burnpsy said:
Elite Stride said:
I usually pick wichever I think is the better between the grass and water option because the first gym in the game is like always a rock type gym and I am never able to get past it with the fire type and flying that I tend to start the game out with. :cool:

Err... that's why generation 3 & 4 made them easy to evolve into fire/fighting. :D

Yeah but chimchar evolves at like lvl 15-23 (i forget) and there is no means of getting good enough experience to evolve it before the first gym without taking like a Week to do it.

BTW burnpsy we have a little something to complete~ pm me. :)

Elite Stride said:
burnpsy said:
Elite Stride said:

Yeah but chimchar evolves at like lvl 15-23 (I forget) and there is no means of getting good enough experience to evolve it before the first gym without taking like a Week to do it.

You're completely off! it's 14! It's so easy to evolve it there!

Anyways, PM is coming.

burnpsy said:
Elite Stride said:
burnpsy said:
Elite Stride said:

Yeah but chimchar evolves at like lvl 15-23 (I forget) and there is no means of getting good enough experience to evolve it before the first gym without taking like a Week to do it.

You're completely off! it's 14! It's so easy to evolve it there!

Anyways, PM is coming.

Hey! i had 15 up there, i was not completely off, besides it goes to prove my point- i Don't use chimchar....

Anything that isnt a fire type. I have had the fire type for all 4 gens, all the kids in my neighborhood were choosing Bulbasaur. So I wanted to shut them up. Then I did it again in Gold, then Ruby then by Platnium its 2nd nature.

I've always choose the grass type. Someone has to love them, right? Besides, green is my favorite color. I avoid the fire types, because my brother (and everyone else) picks them all the time.

I ALWAYS choose Water type Pokemon. <3

I really <3 Mudkip. :)

You should know that by now. And the only Generations that I will NEVER use water are the 4th and sometimes the 1st.

I normally pick grass, because, its different. I like all of the starters equally. I picked Turtwig in Diamond and it pwned without evolving once. Chimchar looked alright but my brother picked him so I decided I could beat him no matter what weaknesses(He said he could kick my butt and hes 25.). I haven't challenged him yet. Piplup, I decided was for Dawn, since I wanted to play along with the animé. I got tired of waiting a week to play the game so I went on. Now my Turtwig is a Torterra. So I don't avoid any types.

I avoided:

1st gen: Bulbasaur
2nd gen: Chikorita
3rd gen: Mudkip
4th gen: Turtwig

I really dislike all Grass type starters, with the exception of Sceptile.

I like the Grass type. I've always liked the Grass type, so my first starter choice for each generation has usually been Grass: Bulbasaur first game, Chikorita second game, Treecko third game. I chose Piplup as my starter in Diamond because my brother wanted Turtwig, so I let him have it.

I chose Turtwig in Platinum, though. I avoid what's popular. I've never raised Charmander or Chimchar. I've raised all three starters in GSC and RSE.

I usually avoided the following starters in the generations.

1st: Grass and Fire
2nd: Grass
3rd: Fire
4th: Water and Grass

I generally picked the water started in the first three generations, as their water attacks take out the fire types and you can teach them ice attacks to take care of their weakness. But I just found the stats and movepool of Infernape too good to pass up.

I tend to do a mix between the three, but I have a preference for one of three, in most generations.

Gen I: Bulbasaur
Gen II: I love them all. =)
Gen III: Mudkip
Gen IV: Piplup

I guess you could say I avoid the fire type, as the only one I truly like is Cyndaquil, and I like Chikorita just a little more anyway.

For my actualy choices, though, here is what I picked:

Gen I: Bulbasaur
Gen II: Never played it.
Gen III: Mudkip, Mudkip, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic
Gen IV: Piplup, Piplup

I mostly chose the Grass Type because if you're trading for a starter, most people tend to have fire or water types. Finding Grass starters can be tough. Finding the other two is easy because everyone has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back