what would be the best way to use dusknoir x?

pokefreaque

Darkness Lost...
I'm using dusknoir x and I was wondering if I should use it with dusknoir with pokebody dark pulse or dusknoir with damage even and then put out dusknoir with dark pulse. Its in with giratina x and mewtwo x and I don't know if I'm even using the right Pokémon combos. Please help! Thanx! :)

let it get knocked out so that its a stadium and then just use gengar x to do compound pain and do 30 to everyone every turn

I don't really recommend running it with Gengar. While the spread is nice, it's not worth setting up another Stage-2 Lv.X and attaching three Energy to it. Dusknoir can already spread/snipe well on its own. I would go for two Dusknoir (Shadow Command) and the probably the Promo Dusknoir. For other techs to run with Dusknoir, Spiritomb is a definite must for setting up your Dusknoir. I've also seen some lists use Vileplume (UD) along with Spiritomb to spread, snipe, and lock Trainers for the entire game.

Thanx guys! I'm gonna try the spiritomb n see how that works. The duskulls with the reaper cloth help alot too. So giratina x n mewtwo x r ok with it?

Well i played dusknoir x with metagross from unleashed. Metagross's second attack is great with dusknoir's x poke power. And i had jirachi from unleashed and spiritomb from legends awaken in my deck i also had energy switch.

Or if you are going to run it with a Metagross, I would go with the SV (I think its SV). Its the -20 HP one.

I think Gliscor gave the best idea: straight-out Dusknoir, with techs to help it out. Due to the loss of Dusknoir DP it's not as powerful as it was, but Shadow Command and Dark Hide are pretty nasty for what they can do. You can use the Spirit Pulse Dusknoir (also from Stormfront) to do some extra spreading damage, but it's not recommended when compared to Dusknoir SF-1.
The duskulls with the reaper cloth help alot too.
FYI, those aren't legal.
Or if you are going to run it with a Metagross, I would go with the SV (I think its SV). Its the -20 HP one.
Yep, that's SV all right.

In my opinion, the best option is 2 sf1 and 1 dark hide promo.
Play that with dialga g, and after they knock out the x, deafen all day.

I was also thinking of using bronzong with cycler since spiritomb blocks trainer card use. Does the supporter cards that also say trainer on it count as a trainer with that pokebody?

Only under Hoenn rules (and before that). As of D/P, Trainer, Supporter, and Stadium are each different classes of cards. Keystone Seal does not block Supporters or Stadiums from being played.

I don't think you'll need to use Bronzong SF - Shadow Command already allows you to draw 2 cards per turn, so you'll have an abundance of draw power at your disposal. Odds are you'll draw into an energy.
And yes, the best combination is 2 Shadow Command, 1 Dark Hide, and 1 LV.X. I used to run Dusknoir myself in several iterations and have found this combination to be the most effective.

Just keep in mind that the biggest thing you need to watch out for is Flygon. Sand Wall will get rid of Dusknoir (bouncing it back to your hand), but also giving Flygon immunity for 1 full turn. You can snipe around it with Damage Even, but still...

I ran it with Jirachi and Gardivoir PL for fast recovery, just pop down Jirachi UL and switch the energy yo get over to dusknoir with Gardivoirs power.

^Beware of Shadow Room, then - Jirachi is a OHKO for it, and Gardevoir PL is a 2HKO. Granted, Dusknoir can circumvent Fainting Spell pretty easily, but even so you don't want to necessarily give your opponent an easy prize either.

I'm trying to say this in a helpful way but you Really shouldn't use it. Dusknoir Used to be really good pre md-on because of Dark palm dusknoir along with Honchrow SV, with Dusknoir SF/X as your main attacker and Honchkrow SV/X as a good secondary attacker VS gengar builds etc..but after the md rotation and loss of DP dusknoir, Honchkrow X, and Murkrow SW (with built-in bts effect) It's not even close to being competitive..

If you REALLY want to play it.I'd suggest:

4 spiritomb for trainer lock/setup
3-3-3-1 Dusknoir Sf line (1 promo if you want but I've never tried it personally)
2 Crobat G
1 azelf
1 uxie
1 unown q (to retreat uxie and spiritomb)

standard t/s/st setup with poketurn for crobat G

Dialga G (Deafen) + Dialga G Lv. X (Time Crystal) + Skutank G (Poison Structure) + Expert Belt + Special Metal Energy = A tank that shuts off Bodies, trainer locks and ensures Dusknoir Lv. X stays up the entire game.

I've always been a fan of the Dialga G + Dusknoir combo. Never played it though.

I think it should be run with Vileplume, Spiritomb, and Mesprit for a total lockdown. Night Spin locks their attacks, Plume/Tomb locks their trainers, and Mesprit locks their powers.

You can use it with an Ampharos PL to lock powers and healing after the stadium is in play.

^There are some issues with that. First, the Ampharos cannot be in play unless the Dusknoir LV.X has already Ecto'd itself. Second, you have to use either Rare Candy right away (have Mareep, Ampharos, and Rare Candy all in your hand at once), or wait awhile (up to 3 turns), before setting up the Ampharos (remember, you can't BTS) - therefore, using Trainer Lock along with Ampharos will not be easy.

I would like to add that, although Night Spin will not completely lock attacks, it will certainly prevent 85+% of the meta from hitting Dusknoir when it's in play.

Back