Whats better? Old or new pokemon cards

WHich is better

• Total voters
New pokemon cards are better because the old cards take more energys and moves aren't that great. New cards give more strat.

The old one's were better because now you have to use 2 of each kind of energy just for an attack that can K.O. you or do serious damage to yourself.

I'm gonna give my opinion on each gen:

1st gen: No one can forget it 'cause that's where it started, but I was disappointed with how pathetically weak they would make Mewtwo and Mew. This series doesn't stand a flying leap against the newer cards because of the heavy energy costs. The only thing to be missed competitively were Rain Dance Blastoise and Bill.

2nd gen: The new additions were definitely good. Pokebody and Pokepower were blessings from above. These cards tended to lack a lot of power, thought legendaries finally started to look good. This gen was my favorite purely for the artwork, particularly for Skyridge, Aquapolis, and Expedition. Despite the art, these cards do not have anything much to offer against their succesors competitively.

3rd gen: A definite explosion of awesome cards. This is definitely where the energy costs got better, and EX cards totally pwned! The two prize drawback just helped to speed the game along. My biggest problem is when they introduced delta species pokemon. THEY WERE SO STUPID! Who the heck wants a fire type mewtwo? Other than that, the newer expansions were awesome, particularly Unseen Forces. It was Power Keepers that was kind of dissapointing, as very few of the cards lended anything unique to the feild. My favorite will always be the Sandstorm Gardevoir EX and Legend Maker Mew Ex. These newer cards definitely pwned the old ones.

4th Gen: It's still pretty much in the making. I haven't obtained many, but I must say that the first couple of sets are rather disappointing. They practically made copies of a lot of first gen card attacks, and have very little new to offer. The artwork isn't very creative either. The one thing to drool over it the Lv. X cards. These take the very best aspects of the EX. cards and make them a little less risky. Gardevoir lv. x rocks! The newest series, Magestic Dawn, looks to hold a bit more promise, and the artwork is nicer, so hopefully there will be some new surprises in the next one. This gen hasn't quite proven itself better than the one before it, so lets just see.

Overall, the newer cards pwn the older ones competitively, but the older ones had some better artwork which I miss.

Personally, I only play for fun, so I tend to mix old and new cards anyways. :)

Um, this should be blindingly obvious to everybody, and I didn't really think it needed explaining...

The Diamond and Pearl Cards are a million times more powerful than the early sets! It doesn't take a genius to work that out! Diamond and Pearl cards are more pwoerful than the Ex series, the Ex series were more powerful than the E-Card series (oh, and E-Card ftw), the E-Cards were mroe pwoerful than the older ones. However, I believe pidgeot may have been asking whether it was for fun playing in the "Ex days" rather than the "Lv X days".

Back