BW/BW2 What's the easy way to do this?

PKMNTrainerBrandon

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, so I want to breed a legit shiny Dratini.
I want it to have an adamant nature, with 31 IVs in at least attack and speed. Is there any way to:
1. make sure it has 31 attack/speed IVs
2. have it be shiny and have the above stated

So in short, I need tips to breed a shiny Dratini with Adamant nature with 31 Ivs in attack and speed. I want to breed it myself, so I need all the help I can get.

Any help will be appreciated.

it is very hard near impossible to first get a shiny then have it have the right nature. let alone those IV's ...so ya...it would take an EXTREME amount of time to get it right

catutie said:
it is very hard near impossible to first get a shiny then have it have the right nature. let alone those IV's ...so ya...it would take an EXTREME amount of time to get it right

I realized that a LONG time ago. Its fine if it's not shiny (it would break my heart but oh well). My main priority is to at least get it with 31 attack and speed IVs. I need tips for that at least.

It is called RNGing, but it is very complicated and you have to do it in Gen 4 for now. Google it if you are interested.

safariblade said:
It is called RNGing, but it is very complicated and you have to do it in Gen 4 for now. Google it if you are interested.

I forgot to include this in my original post, I want it legit for the sense of accomplishment, and the fact I despise cheating.

RNGing is not cheating. You are not changing or physically manipulating the game in any way.

ya RNG isnt cheating its just taking advantage of the random numbers that the game generates to your advantage. i cant find the article now...

catutie said:
ya RNG isnt cheating its just taking advantage of the random numbers that the game generates to your advantage. i cant find the article now...

Okay well for now, I'm not going to RNG abuse. I just need tips on how to get 31 attack and speed IVs.

Using the power items used for EV training will pass down the appropriate IV, guaranteed. So just give the Attack one and Speed one to the parents.
Once you have done this:

1. Get an egg.
2. Hatch it.
3. If it is not shiny, go back to step 1.
4. If it is not Adamant, go back to step 1.
5. Enjoy your shiny Adamant Dratini with 31 Attack and Speed.

PMJ, you're right, it's just he asked for the easy way. It like telling someone the easy way to get rich fast is to buy lotto tickets.

But in any case, RNG is your best bet. However, if you don't want it shiny, then PMJ's method works fine. The thing is, as soon as you add the shiny factor, it's nigh impossible without RNG.

PMJ said:
Using the power items used for EV training will pass down the appropriate IV, guaranteed. So just give the Attack one and Speed one to the parents.
Once you have done this:

1. Get an egg.
2. Hatch it.
3. If it is not shiny, go back to step 1.
4. If it is not Adamant, go back to step 1.
5. Enjoy your shiny Adamant Dratini with 31 Attack and Speed.

So let's say I have 2 pokemon (Dratini and Ditto), if I gave my Dratini Power Bracer and Ditto Power Weight (I think its called), theres a chance my egg could have 31 attack and speed IVs? How do I check? I know there's an IV calculator on Serebii, but I don't really understand it.

With your example, the Ditto would have to already have a 31 in speed, and the Dratini would already need to have a 31 in attack. The Power items only pass down the corresponding IV to the decedent.

Porygon-X said:
With your example, the Ditto would have to already have a 31 in speed, and the Dratini would already need to have a 31 in attack. The Power items only pass down the corresponding IV to the decedent.

So I would have to keep catching Dratinis and/or Dittos and see if they have the appropriate IVs for attack and speed?

Sorry for asking but could someone explain to me, in a few words and in the clearest way possible, how that RNG abusing thing works? I know there are articles in the net but they all explain it in depth and in a complicated way and I just wanted to have a notion of what it is...

Metalizard said:
Sorry for asking but could someone explain to me, in a few words and in the clearest way possible, how that RNG abusing thing works? I know there are articles in the net but they all explain it in depth and in a complicated way and I just wanted to have a notion of what it is...

As far as I know, it's using an outside of game program to see your hidden IDs, etc., and use them to your advantage to get your wanted IVs, shininess, etc. Not really my thing but other people have their ways of doing things.

To give some more detail, but not enough to confuse you, RNG refers to the process of predicting the game's pseudo-random number generator. This is done with all sorts of calculations using all sorts of processes, but when done properly, it's possible to basically control when you get shinies and good IVs. It's possible to do this on Emerald, the 4th Gen games, and Black and White. If you're at all interested, I recommend starting with Standard abuse in BW. By far, it's one of the easiest ways ever (though, you do need a DS/DS Lite). Also, you can't RNG for shinies in BW without an AR or similar device, and that kind of ruins the whole point of RNG abuse (to get what you want without hacking). And sadly, using RNG in BW for breeding is pretty hard to do at this point.

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Porygon-X said:

So I would have to keep catching Dratinis and/or Dittos and see if they have the appropriate IVs for attack and speed?

Yes. There's nothing else to say. Though, you don't need an IV calculator for your purposes. Just take whatever you want to check to the IV checking man (in BW, he's right by the entrance of Gear Station [after you enter, not outside]). He will tell you what it's "overall potential" is, and what he believes is it's best stat. If he says Speed, you're halfway there. Then, if says it can't be better, you have a 31 Speed IV. Repeat for Attack.

And if you truly want to easiest way to get a Dratini with what you need without having to use RNG, have someone else do it for you and trade the result.

Chariblaze said:
To give some more detail, but not enough to confuse you, RNG refers to the process of predicting the game's pseudo-random number generator. This is done with all sorts of calculations using all sorts of processes, but when done properly, it's possible to basically control when you get shinies and good IVs. It's possible to do this on Emerald, the 4th Gen games, and Black and White. If you're at all interested, I recommend starting with Standard abuse in BW. By far, it's one of the easiest ways ever (though, you do need a DS/DS Lite). Also, you can't RNG for shinies in BW without an AR or similar device, and that kind of ruins the whole point of RNG abuse (to get what you want without hacking). And sadly, using RNG in BW for breeding is pretty hard to do at this point.

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Porygon-X said:

Yes. There's nothing else to say. Though, you don't need an IV calculator for your purposes. Just take whatever you want to check to the IV checking man (in BW, he's right by the entrance of Gear Station [after you enter, not outside]). He will tell you what it's "overall potential" is, and what he believes is it's best stat. If he says Speed, you're halfway there. Then, if says it can't be better, you have a 31 Speed IV. Repeat for Attack.

And if you truly want to easiest way to get a Dratini with what you need without having to use RNG, have someone else do it for you and trade the result.

Okay, does breeding work the same way as in Gen 4. Can I save before I pick up an egg and keep SRing to obtain a shiny. I also remember than no matter how many times you picked up an egg, the same nature and characteristic would be there, the only thing not determined was shininess (before egg was picked up, not made). So, is it the same in Gen 5?

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Chariblaze said:

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Porygon-X said:

Okay, does breeding work the same way as in Gen 4. In HGSS, the IVs are passed down if they have the corresponding Power Item, but not in DPPt. Can I save before I pick up an egg and keep SRing to obtain a shiny. No. Through my understanding of RNG, shinyness nature and ability are already predetermined. However, IVs are not. I also remember than no matter how many times you picked up an egg, the same nature and characteristic would be there, the only thing not determined was shininess (before egg was picked up, not made). So, is it the same in Gen 5?

And to expand on the whole "RNG is Hacking" thing: If you think RNGing is hacking, you may as well consider IV checking hacking. When you IV check, what are you using? An external calculator. When you RNG, what do you use? An external calculator. I'm not trying to persuade your way of thinking; I'm just trying to shed light on a different perspective.

Porygon-X said:
PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Chariblaze said:

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Porygon-X said:

Okay, does breeding work the same way as in Gen 4. In HGSS, the IVs are passed down if they have the corresponding Power Item, but not in DPPt. Can I save before I pick up an egg and keep SRing to obtain a shiny. No. Through my understanding of RNG, shinyness nature and ability are already predetermined. However, IVs are not. I also remember than no matter how many times you picked up an egg, the same nature and characteristic would be there, the only thing not determined was shininess (before egg was picked up, not made). So, is it the same in Gen 5?

And to expand on the whole "RNG is Hacking" thing: If you think RNGing is hacking, you may as well consider IV checking hacking. When you IV check, what are you using? An external calculator. When you RNG, what do you use? An external calculator. I'm not trying to persuade your way of thinking; I'm just trying to shed light on a different perspective.
Can we please stop the RNG discussion. That's not my asked question, so it is currently irrelevant.
So then, is there any way to keep the IVs, and etc and keep reseting for shininess, or vice-versa?

Back