BW/BW2 What's the easy way to do this?

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Porygon-X said:
PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Chariblaze said:
To give some more detail, but not enough to confuse you, RNG refers to the process of predicting the game's pseudo-random number generator. This is done with all sorts of calculations using all sorts of processes, but when done properly, it's possible to basically control when you get shinies and good IVs. It's possible to do this on Emerald, the 4th Gen games, and Black and White. If you're at all interested, I recommend starting with Standard abuse in BW. By far, it's one of the easiest ways ever (though, you do need a DS/DS Lite). Also, you can't RNG for shinies in BW without an AR or similar device, and that kind of ruins the whole point of RNG abuse (to get what you want without hacking). And sadly, using RNG in BW for breeding is pretty hard to do at this point.

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
So I would have to keep catching Dratinis and/or Dittos and see if they have the appropriate IVs for attack and speed?

Yes. There's nothing else to say. Though, you don't need an IV calculator for your purposes. Just take whatever you want to check to the IV checking man (in BW, he's right by the entrance of Gear Station [after you enter, not outside]). He will tell you what it's "overall potential" is, and what he believes is it's best stat. If he says Speed, you're halfway there. Then, if says it can't be better, you have a 31 Speed IV. Repeat for Attack.

And if you truly want to easiest way to get a Dratini with what you need without having to use RNG, have someone else do it for you and trade the result.

Okay, does breeding work the same way as in Gen 4. In HGSS, the IVs are passed down if they have the corresponding Power Item, but not in DPPt. Can I save before I pick up an egg and keep SRing to obtain a shiny. No. Through my understanding of RNG, shinyness nature and ability are already predetermined. However, IVs are not. I also remember than no matter how many times you picked up an egg, the same nature and characteristic would be there, the only thing not determined was shininess (before egg was picked up, not made). So, is it the same in Gen 5?

And to expand on the whole "RNG is Hacking" thing: If you think RNGing is hacking, you may as well consider IV checking hacking. When you IV check, what are you using? An external calculator. When you RNG, what do you use? An external calculator. I'm not trying to persuade your way of thinking; I'm just trying to shed light on a different perspective.
Can we please stop the RNG discussion. That's not my asked question, so it is currently irrelevant. Well, technically it's the answer to your question. I was just putting that out there. But yeah, I'll drop it.
So then, is there any way to keep the IVs, and etc and keep reseting for shininess, or vice-versa? Well, yes to the latter, but it's nigh impossible without the RNG that I'm not supposed to mention.

Porygon-X said:
PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Porygon-X said:
PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Chariblaze said:
To give some more detail, but not enough to confuse you, RNG refers to the process of predicting the game's pseudo-random number generator. This is done with all sorts of calculations using all sorts of processes, but when done properly, it's possible to basically control when you get shinies and good IVs. It's possible to do this on Emerald, the 4th Gen games, and Black and White. If you're at all interested, I recommend starting with Standard abuse in BW. By far, it's one of the easiest ways ever (though, you do need a DS/DS Lite). Also, you can't RNG for shinies in BW without an AR or similar device, and that kind of ruins the whole point of RNG abuse (to get what you want without hacking). And sadly, using RNG in BW for breeding is pretty hard to do at this point.

Yes. There's nothing else to say. Though, you don't need an IV calculator for your purposes. Just take whatever you want to check to the IV checking man (in BW, he's right by the entrance of Gear Station [after you enter, not outside]). He will tell you what it's "overall potential" is, and what he believes is it's best stat. If he says Speed, you're halfway there. Then, if says it can't be better, you have a 31 Speed IV. Repeat for Attack.

And if you truly want to easiest way to get a Dratini with what you need without having to use RNG, have someone else do it for you and trade the result.

Okay, does breeding work the same way as in Gen 4. In HGSS, the IVs are passed down if they have the corresponding Power Item, but not in DPPt. Can I save before I pick up an egg and keep SRing to obtain a shiny. No. Through my understanding of RNG, shinyness nature and ability are already predetermined. However, IVs are not. I also remember than no matter how many times you picked up an egg, the same nature and characteristic would be there, the only thing not determined was shininess (before egg was picked up, not made). So, is it the same in Gen 5?

And to expand on the whole "RNG is Hacking" thing: If you think RNGing is hacking, you may as well consider IV checking hacking. When you IV check, what are you using? An external calculator. When you RNG, what do you use? An external calculator. I'm not trying to persuade your way of thinking; I'm just trying to shed light on a different perspective.
Can we please stop the RNG discussion. That's not my asked question, so it is currently irrelevant. Well, technically it's the answer to your question. I was just putting that out there. But yeah, I'll drop it.
So then, is there any way to keep the IVs, and etc and keep reseting for shininess, or vice-versa? Well, yes to the latter, but it's nigh impossible without the RNG that I'm not supposed to mention.

Oh well. I'll give it all my strength to give it a shot. It will probably make my head explode though.

If you don't want to RNG (I don't blame you, its complicated) then your best bet is the Masuda Method to get the shiny. But even then, the IVs will be random unless you get real good IVd parents.

safariblade said:
If you don't want to RNG (I don't blame you, its complicated) then your best bet is the Masuda Method to get the shiny. But even then, the IVs will be random unless you get real good IVd parents.

I thought this as a good method, but I don't know if the masuda method works with the everstone, power items passthrough technique.

Someone predicted that before, but I think it's been said there are no compromises when using the Masuda Method this time around.

Chariblaze said:
Someone predicted that before, but I think it's been said there are no compromises when using the Masuda Method this time around.

So, let say I get a Dratini from Japan, 31 attack and speed IVs, and a US ditto with Adamant nature. How would I pass on IVs, natures, etc. into the next Dratini? Is there a way to keep IVs, etc. saved and keep SRing for shininess or vice-versa?

I think your best bet is to just Google a guide, because I think that if I tried to answer all of that from memory, I would make mistakes haha. But I know that even if you use the same parents, there is still a random number factor, so no, you could not lock in a certain IV spread.

safariblade said:
I think your best bet is to just Google a guide, because I think that if I tried to answer all of that from memory, I would make mistakes haha. But I know that even if you use the same parents, there is still a random number factor, so no, you could not lock in a certain IV spread.

Okay well let's say this. I have my egg. I save AFTER I pick it up. I hatch it, find IVs, 31 attack and speed IVs. Now let's say I keep SRing after picking up the egg and saving the game. Is there still a chance it can be shiny, and can the IVs be retained?

When you receive the egg, everything about the egg (IVs, shiny-ness, etc.) are locked. You must either:
1) SR before you receive the egg.
2) Obtaina nd hatch multiple eggs.

You CANNOT do this.
1) Get egg and SR before hatching (all Pokemon would be the same)

safariblade said:
When you receive the egg, everything about the egg (IVs, shiny-ness, etc.) are locked. You must either:

You CANNOT do this.

Okay, so what's a good way to breed for a shiny, with the need IVs and nature.

my head is about to explode with all this IV knowledge being put in all at once.

^ it seems as though we are back where we started. as i said before its kinf of one or the other. you either have shiny with random IV's or you have perfect IV's with no shininess. your best bet is to get the IV's you want on one dratini. breed the crapolla out of it until its shiny then hope it has the right IV's if it doesnt start again...thats all i can tell ya

PKMNTrainerBrandon said:
Okay, so what's a good way to breed for a shiny, with the need IVs and nature.
OMG dude, you're killing me. I basically explained everything just like everyone else did too.
Go read a guide.

safariblade said:

You CANNOT do this.

Umm, actually, don't quote me on this, but being able to RNG, I understand how some of this works.

When you deposit your Pokémon in the daycare, all the nature shininess etc is decided, but not IVs. So technically, you can save in front of the Daycare Man, take the egg, hatch it, and check it's shiny-ness, and adamant nature-ness. If it's to your liking, you can reset, and take the egg again. It should be the same, but with different IVs each time you reset. But then again, this is back to what PMJ first suggested.

If you are going to do this, the only practical, and physically possible way to do what you are suggesting is to forget about the shiny-ness. Unless you want to RNG, or have someone else do it for you, it's the only way.

It's alright, I've figured out my plan now. It'll take me a while but I'll get it eventually. Also, in Gen 5 the Masuda Method now brings shininess chance to 1/1366.

your best bet is to try to get someone from another country to trade you a adamant nature ditto and you have a perfect attack and speed iv dratini (whether you breed for one or caught one) then give the ditto an everstone, the dratini the corresponding power item and breed. So thereticaly the egg you should get should have 31 attack ivs and 50% adamant nature plus because the too are from a diffrent country.....masuda method increases you chances to 1/2000( this looks large but it is acually not) or something. so all you have to do as stated above ^ is breed till you get one that is shiny and has adamant nature soft reset and now breed till you've got one with the speed iv passed down as well

hope that made sense!

Edit: my gosh why does everyone type faster than me?! twice today.

mstr. breeder said:
your best bet is to try to get someone from another country to trade you a adamant nature ditto and you have a perfect attack and speed iv dratini (whether you breed for one or caught one) then give the ditto an everstone, the dratini the corresponding power item and breed. So thereticaly the egg you should get should have 31 attack ivs and 50% adamant nature plus because the too are from a diffrent country.....masuda method increases you chances to 1/2000( this looks large but it is acually not) or something. so all you have to do as stated above ^ is breed till you get one that is shiny and has adamant nature soft reset and now breed till you've got one with the speed iv passed down as well

hope that made sense!

Edit: my gosh why does everyone type faster than me?! twice today.

That's exactly what I was going to do. Thanks anyway.

Back