Pokemon Whats The Point?

Why is it always a legendary?
Can't it be the lapras race which is near to extinction?
Or a heard of chansey that makes the crook so lucky that he can rule the world by pressing on his face or some weird thing like that

Peta said:
Why is it always a legendary?
Can't it be the lapras race which is near to extinction?
Or a heard of chansey that makes the crook so lucky that he can rule the world by pressing on his face or some weird thing like that
1. Oh look at the end of the game we have to defeat/catch... THE LEGENDARY EEVEE!!! Thats why..
2. The legendary chancey appeared! Go magikarp! Use tackle! *chancey faints*

Honestly I think the same legendary routine is good considering the fact that you could get a bunch of EVs off of them >_> Even though their always uber and almost never have any use you can't fight with the EV's....

darkrai1246 said:
Honestly I think the same legendary routine is good considering the fact that you could get a bunch of EVs off of them >_> Even though their always uber and almost never have any use you can't fight with the EV's...

I suppose, but (now I am only saying this it's not like I am going against Pokemon or anything) that the legendary thing is getting old now I personally have stopped buying them

As whoever LL7 quoted from his post
Yes they do have new battling idea's and new generations but it's all to do with legendarys now
And the idea of getting 8 badges and becoming the champ from this ordinary 10 year old and getting all the pokemon in the region is the best idea ever with customizable monsters.
It's just the anime that I don't like an I think that's why most others don't like it

Peta said:
darkrai1246 said:
Honestly I think the same legendary routine is good considering the fact that you could get a bunch of EVs off of them >_> Even though their always uber and almost never have any use you can't fight with the EV's...

I suppose, but (now I am only saying this it's not like I am going against Pokemon or anything) that the legendary thing is getting old now I personally have stopped buying them

As whoever LL7 quoted from his post
Yes they do have new battling idea's and new generations but it's all to do with legendarys now
And the idea of getting 8 badges and becoming the champ from this ordinary 10 year old and getting all the pokeon in the region is the best idea ever with customizable monsters.
It's just the anime that I don't like an I think that's why most others don't like it
Congratulations! You gained 1 HP EV off of the legendary bidoof >_>

Señor Noobnerd said:
darkrai1246 said:
luckyluigi7 said:
It's not worth playing the game for the experience of the game itself; it's one of the worst RPGs around, and I'm only comparing this with turn-based RPGs. The idea of going around earning 8 badges, becoming the Champion and completing the stupid Dex sucked in the first place. People get the game because there's a new generation of Pokemon, and new strategies for competitive battling. That's why. As for those who don't competitive battle, they get it because they love their Pokeymanz.

Well, I don't think collecting the pokedex is lame. It takes a lot of work, and it's by far one of the hardest things to do in the game. I do think they should change the whole gym thing by now, but collecting the pokedex makes the game really fun, and most people do not complete it. :)

How fun! Walking around trying to catch every pokemon with luck! No... Just buy it for Wi-Fi/Competitive battling.. thats all it's really good for...
I agree with this. The RPG story has been repeated many times. Some evil crime syndicate does something that harms the Pokemon world and is somehow related to a legendary Pokemon.

Well you do have a point there. They've repeated the same saga for over a decade. They should just make a movedex where you keep track of which moves you used out of every Pokemon move in the game. It may seem kind of lame, but aren't we desperate for something different, lol? :p

While Pokémon Colosseum and XD were not the greatest games, I enjoyed them because the premise of the games were much different than the main series. The games are primarily double battles, and it requires some extra strategy, because your enemies do not constrain themselves to one type of Pokémon or theme.

We need more games like this that are off the beaten path. I think the Gym system is definitely getting to be somewhat stale.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Also there's always something missing in the three games. For example in RSE... Ruby has Solrock and Zangoose, Sapphire has Lunatone and Seviper. Emerald has Solrock and Seviper, meaning that the Dex cannot be finished without all three games. Also EMerald is missing MAsquirain and MEdicham. THere are some features in the first two that aren't in the third, but for some reason I haven't found out what that is yet...

You can get Masqterain by getting surskit in the swarms when the swarm is in the news. You have to check the TV's often. It is very hard.:)

DocRobot_K-176 said:
While Pokémon Colosseum and XD were not the greatest games, I enjoyed them because the premise of the games were much different than the main series. The games are primarily double battles, and it requires some extra strategy, because your enemies do not constrain themselves to one type of Pokémon or theme.

We need more games like this that are off the beaten path. I think the Gym system is definitely getting to be somewhat stale.
Yes, I'm tired of the gym stuff + stop evil crime syndicate from harming legendary Pokemon thing. I would welcome something new. Something more creative than dex completion and becoming a Pokemon Master.

Why can't we have a game where there's

• [*] No Gyms
    [*] No evil team
    [*] No rival

But that'll never happen....

Sweet Dawn said:
Why can't we have a game where there's

• [*] No Gyms
I think we already have those. Look at some of the spin-off games like Mystery Dungeon....

Sweet Dawn said:

• [*] No evil team
    [*] No rival
What kind of Pokémon game is that (without villains/rivals)?
Sweet Dawn said:
But that'll never happen...

I can't stand the rivals. They're so stupid. I liked in the Battle Frontier with the apprentice. I don't want an evil team, because they're going to do something stupid...

I side with Noobnerd when I say that, purely as a game, Pokemon is a poor experience compared to a number of other RPG's out there. The only thing that is good is the ability to battle your friends online, because in most cases the computer opponents don't offer much of a challenge, and their is no/little story to get involved with.

So speaking as someone who is only interested in Pokemon for the sake of battling others, I don't really care about the difference between DP and Platinum, because the extra bells and whistles (such as Battle Frontier) don't mean anything to me. The only reason I would ever buy Platinum is for the new Movetutors and new Pokemon formes, but as I am a dirty little Hacky Mc Hackface that, too, means nothing because I can get everything Platinum offers on Diamond anyway.

luckyluigi7 said:
Señor Noobnerd said:
darkrai1246 said:
luckyluigi7 said:
It's not worth playing the game for the experience of the game itself; it's one of the worst RPGs around, and I'm only comparing this with turn-based RPGs. The idea of going around earning 8 badges, becoming the Champion and completing the stupid Dex sucked in the first place. People get the game because there's a new generation of Pokemon, and new strategies for competitive battling. That's why. As for those who don't competitive battle, they get it because they love their Pokeymanz.

Well, I don't think collecting the pokedex is lame. It takes a lot of work, and it's by far one of the hardest things to do in the game. I do think they should change the whole gym thing by now, but collecting the pokedex makes the game really fun, and most people do not complete it. :)

How fun! Walking around trying to catch every pokemon with luck! No... Just buy it for Wi-Fi/Competitive battling.. thats all it's really good for...
I agree with this. The RPG story has been repeated many times. Some evil crime syndicate does something that harms the Pokemon world and is somehow related to a legendary Pokemon.

Well you do have a point there. They've repeated the same saga for over a decade. They should just make a movedex where you keep track of which moves you used out of every Pokemon move in the game. It may seem kind of lame, but aren't we desperate for something different, lol? :p
LOL... That'll just be even more irritating because of the fact that people would rather not spend a year playing pokemon game looking for every move -_-

^ For the record people, that's not a double post. I deleted a spam post that was in between the two.

Back