Pokemon What's Your Favorite Pokémon and Why?

Wobbuffet. Because of the cartoon, almost entirely.

Vileplume. Because she was part of my original Pokemon team in Gen 1 and she was awesome. I have a special affection for grass types, too.

Celebi - the first and perhaps only legendary pokemon I ever cared about.

Gardevoir - just the most interesting and awesome psychic type available.

As my profile picture shows Lucario is my favorite pokemon. I don't know the reason why, but when I first saw the lucario I knew it was the pokemon for me. I've used it in every pokemon game I can. I always use him in super smash bros. brawl.

But, even though I started in Generation 3 with Fire Red and Leaf Green, I backtracked to Gold/Silver (I haven't played Heart Gold or Soul Silver remakes, just the original), and one of my most memorable moments was when I had a Togepi egg.

The egg picked a strange moment to hatch, right before I was going to face a gym leader (Ghost I believe?). Well, I couldn't wait to beat the gym and learn more about this Togepi... but when I fought the gym leader, my team was destroyed and took apart. KO after KO, I returned some KOs but I was down to one pokemon, my trusty starter fire type (I forget which evolution it was at during the match).. Until it fainted.

I thought I was done for. I wanted to give up, but my only option was to throw in Togepi. I sent it in, and it, singlehandedly, beat the remaining pokemon and won me the match against the gym leader that I would've lost without the Togepi hatching just steps before the match. After every single pokemon, that I trained, leveled, and catered to was defeated.. This newly hatched Togepi, that just came into my possession a few steps ago, won me the match. I was awe-struck.

Of course I thought I had the toughest pokemon in the world...but went out to encounter some other pokemon and battle with my Togepi, and Togepi fainted immediately despite all the levels it gained from the battle. But, thinking back on Generation 2, that is my most memorable moment, and Togepi is my most favorite pokemon from that Generation because of that. ^_^

I will never forget that moment.

My 3 favourites are Virzion, Snivy and Blaziken.

Virizion: I'm not sure why I like it so much. I remember my sister encountered it before I did and I can remember watching her try an catch it and I simply said "I like that one". When I caught it for myself I was pretty excited and after that it just grew on me. I drew lots of pictures of it and got a Takara Tomy Plushie of it. When I got a Shiny one in Y, it grew on me even more.

Snivy: Only one word for this guy.... EPIC! Torchic was my favourite starter, but when I saw Snivy I just fell in love with it. That smug look on it's face, it's cute little arms and legs, I love everything about it. I remember when all a drew for about 4 months was snivys, snivys and more snivys. Torchic is still my second favourite though ^^

Blaziken: HELL YES!! Favourite Fire-type of all time and third favourite Pokemon overall. I chose Torchic in Sapphire because I thought it looked cute. When it evolved into Combusken I though, hmmm.. Thats interesting and pretty cool. Then Combusken evolved into Blaziken and I was like. WOW!! This thing is awesome!! Blaziken was the toughest Pokemon on my team, although my Gardevoir was pretty powerful, but nothing could beat this almighty fighting chicken!

As you can see on the avatar, Lucario is my favourite.
When I met it for the first time it was the coolest Pokémon ever. And it's still leading. It's been on my (E4) team in every game ever since.
When it got its Mega Evolution it got even coooler. :D

But I do like some other Pokémon, too, especially Gardevoir, Lopunny, Zoroark, Lapras and Leavanny.

My favourite starter is Mudkip, since I like its last evo a lot. But Chimchar and Snivy is high up there, too...!

My favourite Legendary is Meloetta. It used to be Shaymin (especially Sky-Min), but when Meloetta came it took first place.

I have quite a few faves but I always loved Lucario and he's pretty cool for a duo pokemon of steel and fighting type but I also like his mega form too as well as his original but what makes it unique is that he can track living creatures aura and read them too which is cool.

Mnnnngh... It´s hard to choose only one! For starters, I love all Eeveelutions and all kitty pokémon. I guess.... Espurr.

It´s so, so, SO adorable! Many people think it´s creepy, but not to me! I melted when I watched Espurr´s episode. So lovely!

I have a lot of favourites.. but my top three would be
1. Squirtle because my favourite number is 7 and Squirtle is number 7 in the dex and it looks awesome!
2. Pancham because Panda's are my favourite animals xD
3. Glaceon I don't have too explain why, don't I? :p

I have so many favorites it's hard to pick.. I guess if I absolutely had to choose it'd be the five in my sig.

Charizard because he has been my favorite for 16 years now.
Vaporeon is another veteran.
Weavile because.. Reasons, I dunno.. I just really, really like Weavile.
Zoroark because of the movie and he's just a beautiful Pokemon. Oh my gosh I love Zoroark.
Noivern because.. Once again, I don't know.. I initially hated his design but after raising one in game I just grew to love him so much. <3

(My pokemon are always male thus my use of "he" and "his".)

I like Roserade heaps! It looks confident, smart and strong - particular with a ninja-like background. I also like the colour scheme.

Gen 1: Mewtwo.

Being the strongest Pokémon of them all, Mewtwo was a really awesome Psychic Type in the old days. Gen VI gave it TWO Mega Evolutions to take advantage of its' broad movepool, which really helps, in my opinion.

Gen 2: Houndoom

Dark Types are awesome, which is part of why I like Houndoom. It's based off the hellhound and a Doberman Pinscher. It even got a Mega Evolution and Solar Power, which is essentially a free Choice Specs in Sunlight. It's also one of those uncommon special-based Dark Type users. (Which are Dark Types with a respectable Sp. Atk stat, FYI.)

Gen 3: Rayquaza

Whenever I got into difficulty facing Juan and his Kingdra while playing Emerald, and with no useful Dragons or no existence of the Fairy Typing back then, I often had to catch a Rayquaza to defeat Juan, the Elite Four and Champion Wallace. It's got two high offensive Stats and a broad movepool to choose from. I'm hoping it gets a Primal Form to really jack up it's power.

Gen 4: Lucario

Playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Check!
Major character in Lucario & The Mystery of Mew? Check!
A rare Fighting Type with good Special Attack? Check!
Steel recently having the upper hand against Fairies? Check!
Epic Mega Evolution with the ever so handy Adaptability Ability? Check!
Did I mention the broad movepool? Check!

These reasons are why Lucario's one of the best Generation 4 Pokémon, in my opinion.

Gen 5: Volcarona

Bug Types were usually generic Pokémon with average stats, with some notable exceptions (Yanmega, Heracross, Shuckle, and Forretress) when it came to power and defence. However, the fifth Generation brought us some amazing evolved Bug Types, like Galvantula, Accelgor and Escavalier. Out of all those strong bugs, Volcarona really stood out, with Stats on par with a Legendary Pokémon and having access to the very handy Quiver Dance, Volcarona is a major threat in the competitive environment, even to this day. Bug/Fire is a special combo, since it does wreck some of the best major players in OU. (Like Scizor and Excadrill, for example.)

Gen 6: Greninja

Greninja would have been a fairly mediocre Starter evolution if it hadn't been for it's amazing Hidden Ability, Protean, which gives a lot of the moves it could learn gain STAB, and with it's stats on par with Sceptile, it really stands out on its' own. It even got to be a new playable fighter in the new Super Smash Bros. game. It's also a ninja, which are always awesome to see.

Scizor- Great design. The full red color and the fact that its a shiny red steel bug. The fact that it has only one weakness. Its eyes are looking so serious and in general always looks ready for battle.

Azumarill- Always loved him and it was so great that it got so much better in 6th gen. The blue color is my favorite. Its bunny egg design is adorable and I love it when its tail shines when attacking.

Jolteon- The spiky body. The serious eyes ready for battle. Its great speed and also very good combination of cool and cute.

Out of the three I guess Jolteon is in the 3ed place . Scizor and Azumarill are fighting in my head over the first spot. Each time its different.

Back