When did you officially start playing Pokemon?

i have been playing ever since Ex Delta Spicies came out. i have collected since Ex Ruby&Sapphire.

My first pack was just after the GE PR. My girlfriend went to it, and then we both went to a tourney at a local card shop a week after the PR.

We traded a Claydol for a POP7 Bastiodon.

Technically started when fossil came out. Went to league when TRR came out. Went under the radar until MT came out (technically)

CyndaquilMaster said:
Ouch, that must stink. Did the person tell you it was a bad trade?

No, but we WANTED that Bastiodon. LoL Still friends with that person, and it's a good joke. Luckily we were able to trade for Claydols without any trouble.

I stated the day base set came out. I played in a few tournaments with hay maker and did pretty well. I quit after the neo series.
Then one day my little brother found my old cards in my closet and demanded I teach him how to play. That was right after holon phantom came out. I loved the delta species and miss them :(. The high point of me playing was when at last years provincials I came in 2nd place by Pwning all the little SPs with autozone :). I now plan on playing until the game dies in the hopefully distant future:).

I haven't been playing Pokemon so technically I've run out of ideas.

Please only post replies that contribute to the discussion ~ dragon9

I started collecting during the Base Set days, then took a break during the Neo days, and started collecting again during the EX series.

It wasn't until July 2008 that I decided I might as well learn how to play the game if I was going to own all these cards. And so I began to play the TCG... the rest, as they say, is history (not really, but it has been fun. I'm even a league leader now :D)

Black Friday 08'. Bought the Gigas theme deck. Next day, splurged 75$$ on cards. First cities tourney and I fell in love.

Back