Where did everyone go?

Equinox

Stallwart Player
The competitiveness of our Pokebeach PO server is...down. I'm not saying people must come on, but when I usually come on (4-5 PM central on some nights, usually longer) there is hardly anyone on, and those who are on are usually noobies or AFK mods. I just wanna know/discuss...where did our competitiveness within our server go? (mods delete if you're considering spam). I mean, other than the occasional Smogon meet, the place is barren. We might as well not have a server if hardly anyone is going to use it. Some might consider what I'm saying wrong, but the times when I am on, there is rarely a time when I see Hatman / TPO3 / several other well known battlers on. I also find it hard to test teams. Some people may say "Oh, well, go to Smogon," well, what's the point of even having our own server if someone's just going to direct others to go to another server to battle? I'm hoping this turns out to be a discussion/non-flame war debate/opinion sharing, so please to whomever, don't get this thread locked.

I think right now some people are on Spring Break so that could be a cause for it. Some battlers also might be finishing up a quarter so finals would be about this time.

King Arceus said:
I think right now some people are on Spring Break so that could be a cause for it. Some battlers also might be finishing up a quarter so finals would be about this time.

I don't know, I'm not talking specifically about now, I know some might spring break/finals, even before these past few weeks I haven't seen much activity in my time. I mean sure, I see Sillykyle, Bippa, etc. but that's just it, I see a select few come on. Other than that, it's some random person.

I've been having problems with my Internet lately, plus I was busy most of last week. Otherwise, I'd be online for about one hour each day. :/

I've actually noticed a similar trend as well. Both off-site (PO server) and on site (VG forums) have had a general lack of inactivity, at least whenever I come around to the PO server. I've been noticing this since probably the beginning of March/end of February, so imo, spring break has had no effect.

I just finished up statewide testing that determines if I graduate or not, so please excuse me for not visiting this wonderful Pokemon website. <3

I just hardly get on PO anymore, mostly due to school. I just don't think we have as much fun on PO as we used to; it's used for mostly quick tourney matches and that's it. It's just that everyone's really busy, and there's nothing much to do at that time. It's inevitable, so just take joy in what you can, it'll get better soon.

PB has never had a huge competitive battling community. There aren't really enough people here to have an active ladder, so most people give up finding matches and go to Smogon. I have seen it get active at some times, mostly for off season.

Don't forget that there are programs like Pokemon Showdown as well, which some players on this forum enjoy more. It may just be a lack of interest in Pokemon Online.

I'm almost always on Smogon U. Smogon is the server I can test against several different playstyles and search for flaws. Although Pokebeach is less busy or '' spammy ''. If you want matches and testing smogon is preferred. I've been extremely busy btw.

- R-C

I've been VGC testing for Nats. I almost have a team perfected, and even when I do, I still need to gather and train the pokes in-game. Maybe when I have 2/3 of th team completed I'll be on more.

Pride said:
I blame school, activity always picks up around summer.

Yeah, that's true.

Back