General Where Does Your Username Come From?

Luxinity

Elegant Cosplayer
mine is actually from 2 things.. my favorite champion in League Of Legends and from a Youtube singer.. Lux and Lunity respectively..

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
My username was inspired by the maneki-neko (aka "lucky cat"): Neko (cat) + Koban (a gold coin commonly featured on maneki-neko) + Ryo (currency of the koban). It was also the name of my Shugo Chara! OC's Character Transformation.

Last edited:

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Well, mine was a misunderstanding.
When I created my user here, I thought the name field was only to login to the site, but ended up being the display name too. I'd have loved to be called "Benji Price", the character of my avatar.
Mariano is my real first name, and the numbers represent the date of my birth -> 11-8-87 -> 1987 August 11th

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
My username was inspired by the maneki-neko (aka "lucky cat"): Neko (cat) + Koban (a gold coin commonly featured on maneki-neko) + Ryo (currency of the koban). It was also the name of my Shugo Chara! OC's Character Transformation.

Damn, I love Shugo Chara. I've considered "Violet Valkyrie" being a really neat name for a Character Transformation as well. Glad to see I'm not the only one who knows of it! @Nekoban Ryo

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Funnily enough, this is the only place where I go by the name "Athena". When I first signed up for PokéBeach eons ago, I felt like using a different screen name than usual, and I ended up opting for Artemis after the Greek goddess of the hunt. At some point, back before we migrated forum software and name changes were still available, I ended up swapping to another Greek goddess, this time of wisdom, Athena. Mostly I chose the name because I was a fairly well-known member of the community in those day and I didn't want it to be too much different from my old name; both were ancient goddesses that started with the letter A.

I don't really have a strong association with either name, unlike some of my more ubiquitous user names online. I simply wanted to go for something different, and I've always been enchanted by ancient history, especially things like old religions.

If name changes ever come back, I might chance mine again. Since I no longer work for the site or do anything official, I don't have to worry as much about people knowing me anymore. :p

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Nope, and it doesn't ring any results on google either. You might as well just explain the reference since no one seems to get it :p
Baby Volcanion is played by one of googles friends who's name is Nick. I really like Volcanion so I decided to make the second part of my username based off of that.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Uh... where should I start, where should I start?
well...
I pretty much facepalm at everything
so I used this as my Google profile pic
I ended up liking this pic
mainly cuz I like the office
-----------------------------------------
FacepalmMaster wouldn't usually be my first choice
I usually go by Shuppet2 (Shuppet is my favorite pokemon and well...2)
and sometimes I go by GoatWindows
don't even get me started on that one
Just... Don't

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Me as am 8 year old:
What is a cool thing to have as a name (for a random online game)?
My older brother plays that cool game named League of Legends. There’s that OP champion he talks about named something cool, what was it again. Types mordacazir. (It’s actually Mordekaiser.) And I was happy with that name, even though I now know it was wrong. So I stuck with it.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Arceus was my favorite Pokemon at the time and since water is my favorite element, I wanted to incorporate that in some way to my username. Water Arceus just sounded odd, so I decided to go with ice instead. Never really considered it all too creative, though at that time younger me thought it was cool. :p

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
JL - initials
"muser" - term for a fan of the band Muse-- the boys have been my favorite band for over a decade at this point, good lord.
wolves - derives from Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
The oldest username thread that I could find dates back to 2010, so this new thread would be fine. ;)

I tend to get asked what the "bb" in my username stands for semi-regularly, and am often met with selection of wild guesses (and they're never close!), much to my amusement. Don't get your hopes up though, 'cause I'm still keeping the true origins of those letters secret. Anyway, "bbninjas" dates back to 2009, and is one of those rare occurrences where 9-year-old me actually had a bright idea! I used the name "Bbninja" for an alternate Club Penguin account back in the day (geez, now I'm starting to feel old), spontaneously inspired by a few of the new minigames that were being added to the world at that time. The name became fully lowercase when I joined a different online game (I must have realised that the single cap looked ugly). The addition of the "s" followed sometime after that, and I think that was because "bbninja" was taken on some random site I intended to join. It's stuck ever since, primarily because the name is both memorable and seldom ever already taken on other sites. I hadn't even decided to imagine up a new name until recently, which I use for some of my alts now.
I have a guess that'll make you laugh, you were nine, so bb stood for Boss Baby. Boss Baby Ninjas. Boom, username decoded.

My username started from the name Alex Sable. Alex is a character in a fan fiction I made, and I felt a connection with him/her. I use the name for everything online, except for .io games, where I am Krakena. People even call me Alex offline. Anyways, my likeness username is Alex Sableye because reading @Lord Goomy stuff, I felt pressure to have a Pokemon themed name and have a Pokemon I'm known for. Luckily I'm older now and realize 1. Goomy is Goomy, and I don't need to be him to be cool, (yes Goomy, you are cool) and 2. Not everyone is going to know me. Contrary to my Dark type name, Ghost and Ice Pokemon are kind of my jam. Anyways, that's the story of Alex Sableye and the great Peer Pressure of '17.

how could you regret the food of the gods!?
Spinach? If you chew it long enough it becomes sweet.

*wondering why the hooha I speak sometimes*

Uh... where should I start, where should I start?
well...
I pretty much facepalm at everything
so I used this as my Google profile pic
I ended up liking this pic
mainly cuz I like the office
-----------------------------------------
FacepalmMaster wouldn't usually be my first choice
I usually go by Shuppet2 (Shuppet is my favorite pokemon and well...2)
and sometimes I go by GoatWindows
don't even get me started on that one
Just... Don't
Don't you know goats are the Windows to the soul? And yeah the office is pretty great.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
My username started from the name Alex Sable. Alex is a character in a fan fiction I made, and I felt a connection with him/her. I use the name for everything online, except for .io games, where I am Krakena. People even call me Alex offline. Anyways, my likeness username is Alex Sableye because reading @Lord Goomy stuff, I felt pressure to have a Pokemon themed name and have a Pokemon I'm known for. Luckily I'm older now and realize 1. Goomy is Goomy, and I don't need to be him to be cool, (yes Goomy, you are cool) and 2. Not everyone is going to know me. Contrary to my Dark type name, Ghost and Ice Pokemon are kind of my jam. Anyways, that's the story of Alex Sableye and the great Peer Pressure of '17.
*gasp!*
I'VE INFLUENCED SOMEONE!
Whether this is good or bad, we'll never know.

mrsodaking

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
So there was this site called "fizzy.com" (The guys who made the swords and sandals series). They held a contest for the best username. Me being a clever 11 year old types in "sodapop". Because sodapops are fizzy. Get it? Anyway, sodapop wasn't cool enough, "mr" and "king" sounded cool, so I became mrsodaking, or sodaking for short.

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
Like many people I used a certain username for things (dinowarrior0221), but similar to Athena I decided to do something new. The basic thought process was,
1.dragon
2.Destiny sounds cool
3. Put them together.

Viola username