Where to buy in USA?

RE: Buying Individual Packs Online

proddy said:
bagoly14 said:
Your logic makes sense but I highly doubt it's a coincidence. I mean one holo in 15 packs? That's got to be extremely bad luck because the chance of getting one holofoil is 0.33 x0.66^14 = <1% chance of that happening. I guess it is possible but it's just difficult to believe if you assume a 1 in 3 packs holo ratio. I hope I did the math right, I started confusing myself by over complicating it and thinking about factorials etc... -_- haha

Isn't that if those 15 packs were from one shop? These are 3 different instances of 5 packs each. If we assume that the ratio is 1/3 packs, there are 24 packs in each box that has nothing. If the unfortunate poster took 5 random packs out of mostly full boxes, it's entirely possible to not get anything 3 times in a row.

That's true, if you assume each shop independently then the chances are .66^5, .66^5, .33x.66^4 for 12.5% and 6.3%. Still those are very low odds. When I've bought packs online in the past I could instantly tell if they were weighed because I weighed them myself before opening them to see. I remember getting 10 Team Rocket Returns packs on eBay from a UK store and pulled all reverse holos...That being said I think they were about 3USD a pack so I wasn't expecting much.

RE: Retailers

You can also try otacute. Their boxes are a bit more expensive than amiami (comparable shipping), but I've had good experiences buying from them in the past.

RE: Retailers

FreePandas said:
You can also try otacute. Their boxes are a bit more expensive than amiami (comparable shipping), but I've had good experiences buying from them in the past.

They're closing now though.

Amiami opening their English site pretty much killed off business for most of the Japanese figure exporters, unless they also introduced lower prices across the whole site like HLJ and 1999.

Where to Buy Singles

So getting into the game, it seems the best way to build a deck is to buy singles. I'm just wondering what site has good stock/low prices? Also, what packs are best to buy if I'm just getting into the competitive scene? I need N, Pokemon Catcher, etc all the staples. I've been buying Plasma Freeze but not really getting anything out of it.

RE: Where to Buy Singles

Ok, seems how I have been in the same boat not so long ago then I think I can help.
For singles I would get them from Chaos cards (If from the Uk) or troll and toad (if from the US)
Chaos cards have less stock in but as they are based in the UK it means I avoid a customs charge that I would face from ordering at troll and toad.
Troll and toad definitely has large stock and more items to choose from.
I can't really advise for any other countries since I'm not from there....

Dark explorers is definitely a good set to get packs from (If you have your heart set on packs) as it has N, Cheren. Professor Juniper, Rare candy and ultra ball.
Plasma Freeze has good pokemon and cards for one specific deck but not many good trainers for other decks (except from float stone). I'd like to also say that although buying singles might look expensive, it is definitely cheaper than buying packs trying to get them....I've learnt this the hard way and ended up spending quite a lot of money without getting a competitive deck or important staples.

Where to Buy Singles

ii defy said:
Ok, seems how I have been in the same boat not so long ago then I think I can help.
For singles I would get them from Chaos cards (If from the Uk) or troll and toad (if from the US)
Chaos cards have less stock in but as they are based in the UK it means I avoid a customs charge that I would face from ordering at troll and toad.
Troll and toad definitely has large stock and more items to choose from.
I can't really advise for any other countries since I'm not from there....

Dark explorers is definitely a good set to get packs from (If you have your heart set on packs) as it has N, Cheren. Professor Juniper, Rare candy and ultra ball.
Plasma Freeze has good pokemon and cards for one specific deck but not many good trainers for other decks (except from float stone). I'd like to also say that although buying singles might look expensive, it is definitely cheaper than buying packs trying to get them....I've learnt this the hard way and ended up spending quite a lot of money without getting a competitive deck or important staples.

Awesome, thank you! I'm in the US so TnT it is (I've used them tons before for mtg and yugioh). And I can't seem to find any Dark Explorers packs around here...it's mostly Plasma Freeze, Boundaries Crosses, and non-modified stuff. I like buying packs because I like to have a decent collection of commons/uncommon/random stuff that someone might need. Thanks again!

Another great place to get singles is right here on PB.

I can't tell you how many times (when I played competitively) members here were able to give me a better deal than TnT/eBay.

eBay. Every online card store (Troll and Toad, DaCardworld, etc.) is going to rip you off on the more expensive cards. They're a business, they have to make a profit. Troll and Toad can be useful if you need a large amount of cheap commons though.

Where to Buy Singles

SoulWind said:
Another great place to get singles is right here on PokéBeach.

I can't tell you how many times (when I played competitively) members here were able to give me a better deal than TnT/eBay.

Hm, if I had better trades I would probably do this, but alas my binder is terrible d:

Gambit49x said:
SoulWind said:
Another great place to get singles is right here on PokéBeach.

Hm, if I had better trades I would probably do this, but alas my binder is terrible d:

You can also buy cards from Verified Sellers here. :)

Just as a note, I would steer away from T&T for your more expensive cards and your Ultra Rares. They tend to overprice them and you can almost always find better deals from private sellers or eBay. Squeezemymankey is a great seller from eBay that tends to have very good prices on most of the more expensive cards (they sometimes overprice the less expensive cards though lol).

As far as pricing goes, I think your best bet is just to be a smart consumer. If there's a certain card you're looking for, check a few different places (T&T, Ebay, verified sellers here at PokéBeach, etc.) and shipping costs and order from the place that gives you the best bang for your buck. For example, if you're buying a lot of cards at once, you're more likely to get a better shipping deal from TNT than from Ebay, since TNT has flat rate shipping costs for certain numbers of cards and Ebay users can sometimes charge you shipping for individual cards, even if you're buying several. Places like here and Ebay will likely be able to give you better prices per card, though, and here you can even potentially haggle with sellers and maybe get a better deal since our sellers don't have to pay Ebay fees.

Shopping around is a good benefit no matter what you're buying, and whether you're shopping online or in person.

Where to Buy Singles

Blah said:
Just as a note, I would steer away from T&T for your more expensive cards and your Ultra Rares. They tend to overprice them and you can almost always find better deals from private sellers or eBay. Squeezemymankey is a great seller from eBay that tends to have very good prices on most of the more expensive cards (they sometimes overprice the less expensive cards though lol).

Hm, you guys keep mentioning verified sellers, is that basically like trading except I pay to their Paypal and they mail me the cards? And I will look at his eBay, thank you!

Gambit49x said:
Hm, you guys keep mentioning verified sellers, is that basically like trading except I pay to their Paypal and they mail me the cards?

Basically, yes. Verified Sellers have their own forum that you can visit to see what they have available, or you can make a thread in the buying forum listing the cards you want to purchase.

Where to Buy Singles

Artemis said:
Gambit49x said:
Hm, you guys keep mentioning verified sellers, is that basically like trading except I pay to their Paypal and they mail me the cards?

Basically, yes. Verified Sellers have their own forum that you can visit to see what they have available, or you can make a thread in the buying forum listing the cards you want to purchase.

Sweet! I was browsing them yesterday and buying here is a LOT cheaper than TnT. Are there any sellers in particular that you guys suggest?

Gambit49x said:
Artemis said:

Sweet! I was browsing them yesterday and buying here is a LOT cheaper than TnT. Are there any sellers in particular that you guys suggest?

[mod] AnthonyG[/mod], [mod]Muddy68[/mod], [smod]omahanime[/smod], [mod]SoulWind[/mod]

They run that forum, they should be safe.

Where to Buy Singles

Cool cool. And today I stumbled upon Professor-Oak.com . Their prices are a bit different from TnT. Would it be better to get singles here? Also, what is the best site (besides eBay) to check for singles pricing?

Where to Buy Singles

Hm, okay! Thanks for all the help guys. Either here or eBay or TnT for singles, here or eBay for prices. Will keep in mind!!

Back