Where to buy in USA?

RE: How to use Pokemon Shopping sites, and where to go.

Yes, trollandtoad has stopped shipping in sleeves and toploaders altogether. They now send in a regualr envelope with two thin pieces of cardboard on each side of the stack of cards.

No sleeves or toploaders anymore? When did this start? That's very depressing to hear. I'll have to keep that in mind before I order anymore singles from them.

Yeah, and I sent an email with pictures and never got a reply.

Artemis said:
No sleeves or toploaders anymore? When did this start? That's very depressing to hear. I'll have to keep that in mind before I order anymore singles from them.

I ordered four RH AbiliBoars about a month ago, and that's how they came. :( They had some very light scratching (not too bad for having been shipped in such poor conditions) but the commons and other things I ordered with them were horrendous, some having gouges in the cards.

Rikko145 said:
I ordered four RH AbiliBoars about a month ago, and that's how they came. :( They had some very light scratching (not too bad for having been shipped in such poor conditions) but the commons and other things I ordered with them were horrendous, some having gouges in the cards.

Really? I ordered a couple full arts from them to trade a month ago and they were still in toploaders....

They had really good prices on collector too.

Should I still buy it?

If you feel like gambling. You'll get a lower price, but you roll your dice on condition. Usually it's okay, but about a third of the time it's less than satisfactory.

Rikko145 said:
If you feel like gambling. You'll get a lower price, but you roll your dice on condition. Usually it's okay, but about a third of the time it's less than satisfactory.
Good thing I'm using Paypal....

It does make things a bit faster, yes. :)

Didn't someone say you could email them and they will replace it? (Troll and Toad)

Blakexd9 said:
Didn't someone say you could email them and they will replace it? (Troll and Toad)

I emailed then and got no response.

TnT's condition ain't that bad at least when I ordered from them a couple months ago...

They have this new envelope too. It is a logo one, so the cards are no longer shipped in bubble mailers.

^ Confirmed.

I don't have problems with their new packaging, but it is weird. 2 months ago I got a delta Flygon from them with a toploader and a high quality sleeve, all in an envelope with bubble wrap. Later, right before cities I got a Terrakion, 2 Virizion, and old rainbow energy. Yet all this was in a regular envelope, the cards protected by nothing but two cheap chunks of cardboard. They came in perfect condition, but from the testimonies here, I'm worried about ordering more singles.

Rikko145 said:
Yes, trollandtoad has stopped shipping in sleeves and toploaders altogether. They now send in a regualr envelope with two thin pieces of cardboard on each side of the stack of cards.

Most of those cards came in a toploader.

omahanime said:
Most of those cards came in a toploader.

None of my cards did. I confirm what Rikko said.

Glaceon said:
None of my cards did. I confirm what Rikko said.

The difference is mine were not bought through their web site.

Troll and Toad is good overall, but they fail to mention that they only accept cheques and money orders from the US. So, being a Canadian, I sent it from Canada Post, to which they e-mailed me after 3 weeks of waiting for my package saying that they got my money order a while ago but they sent it back because it was from Canada Post.

Collectors Cache is still not at the front. Was it forgotten about, or was it not considered good enough for the front page list?

Their prices are outrageous and they aren't well organized. Plus, they hardly keep anything in stock. They didn't make the cut.

Back