Where to buy in USA?

RE: Best place to buy Booster boxes?

MrSquarepants said:
Heeeeey... think Target will price match TrollandToad and Gamingetc and other card websites if I print out a lot of them and show it to them? :)

I thought they matched on-line prices.

Well when I worked for Best Buy they would only price match their competitors like walmart but refused to match amazon or eBay. But if I see a Plasma storm box I'll just act like an unruly guest and show management print screens of their online retail competition and.... Maybe it'll work...? Worth a shot.

Target said:
Price Match Guarantee

If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.

Price Match Guarantee: the details

The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.

omahanime said:
Artemis said:
Since this is here, does anyone know of any good sources for Japanese booster boxes outside of AmiAmi and Ebay? I was very sad to find out that AmiAmi is sold out of Shiny Collection, even though it's still in pre-order status. Ebay has a a few listings for boxes, but they're significantly more expensive. Guess I should have pre-ordered earlier, but I thought it was coming out later than it is...

You might want to try AmiAmi again. I placed my order after your original post, and they confirmed it today.

I actually did retry AmiAmi. I was able to place an order, but then was told that my pre-order was "in queue" and that I'd get an e-mail in a week or so if my order could be filled. I still haven't heard anything from them yet, but I have my fingers crossed.

Artemis said:
omahanime said:
You might want to try AmiAmi again. I placed my order after your original post, and they confirmed it today.

I actually did retry AmiAmi. I was able to place an order, but then was told that my pre-order was "in queue" and that I'd get an e-mail in a week or so if my order could be filled. I still haven't heard anything from them yet, but I have my fingers crossed.

My order sat in queue for 4 days. They emailed me

AmiAmi said:
Good news, we were able to secure your order.

omahanime said:
Artemis said:

My order sat in queue for 4 days. They emailed me

AmiAmi said:
Good news, we were able to secure your order.

Success! Got my confirmation this morning. Took longer than yours (6 days), but that could have just been due to weekend as well. Glad this went through, because HeatRotomFTW said his preorders were closed and I really wasn't looking forward to shelling out almost twice the price to order via Ebay.

In other news, if anyone else is reading this conversation and wondering about ordering Shiny Collection, it's back as "In Stock" on the AmiAmi website. They must have been able to secure a large order.

Best place to buy Booster boxes?

Otacute shipped my shiny collection box early.., so ill only get it a week after release :)

AnUnown said:
Otacute shipped my shiny collection box early.., so ill only get it a week after release :)

But AmiAmi is selling for $8 cheaper.

The set's not released yet, so that's why AmiAmi hasn't shipped. I've been ordering from them for sometime, and usually I get a payment/shipment notification the day of release or the day before.

EDIT: Speaking of the devil, got my confirmation from AmiAmi about an hour after I made this post.

At my local Dollar Tree I saw a huge booster box for one dollar. It had about 50 cards in it. You have to be careful
when buying cards at a Dollar Store because lots of the time they have fake cards, I'm pretty sure a Woobat doesn't have 9,000 HP.

b00b00 said:
Anyone know a good website where they bought or know of a good website who sells sealed booster boxes?

I thought I saw a thread asking, but I seem a little blind at the moment. I dont wanna order from a random google website. Hope you all understand.

This is mostly for booster boxes, and some singles.

Please let me know thanks!

Also a good price. I see places selling arceus platinum booster boxes for $135 0_0

Well you could get them from Troll and Toad or you could get them from ebay. What about Walmart?

ShinyWooper said:
At my local Dollar Tree I saw a huge booster box for one dollar. It had about 50 cards in it. You have to be careful
when buying cards at a Dollar Store because lots of the time they have fake cards, I'm pretty sure a Woobat doesn't have 9,000 HP.
LOL!:D:D

Does anyone know the shipping cost for a japanese booster box to Europe at AmiAmi? If you pick one of the cheaper shipping methods, not express (as you are almost garantueed to pay toll in Sweden if you use it + I rather wait and pay less shipping cost)

Videoland said:
Does anyone know the shipping cost for a japanese booster box to Europe at AmiAmi? If you pick one of the cheaper shipping methods, not express (as you are almost garantueed to pay toll in Sweden if you use it + I rather wait and pay less shipping cost)

Some data points:

I just ordered 2 boxes of Shiny Collection from AmiAmi and the cost for unregistered SAL was 580 yen (€4,70).

Shiny Collection boxes have less packs (and less cards per pack) than a traditional booster box, so I'm not sure how much that would affect the weight. As another data point, for BW8 I ordered 2 booster boxes and 2 promo packs (they came with a promo card and 4 additional packs). The shipping total for that was 780 yen (€6,32) for unregistered SAL.

On the Payment/Shipping link on their website, they give the rates for all the various shipment forms at different weights. The only real problem is that you won't know the exact weight until you pay for the order. However, the shipping is actually rather reasonable, if you're not in a hurry. Like with any kind of online ordering, the faster you want it the more you pay.

I would warn you, however, to be careful of customs costs! I'd been ordering from AmiAmi for shipments to the US for about a year and never paid a cent in customs fees. However, the last shipment that I ordered I had sent to my new home in the Netherlands and I had to pay over €24 in custom fees! That was about half what I paid for the contents.

Artemis said:
Videoland said:

Some data points:

I just ordered 2 boxes of Shiny Collection from AmiAmi and the cost for unregistered SAL was 580 yen (€4,70).

Shiny Collection boxes have less packs (and less cards per pack) than a traditional booster box, so I'm not sure how much that would affect the weight. As another data point, for BW8 I ordered 2 booster boxes and 2 promo packs (they came with a promo card and 4 additional packs). The shipping total for that was 780 yen (€6,32) for unregistered SAL.

On the Payment/Shipping link on their website, they give the rates for all the various shipment forms at different weights. The only real problem is that you won't know the exact weight until you pay for the order. However, the shipping is actually rather reasonable, if you're not in a hurry. Like with any kind of online ordering, the faster you want it the more you pay.

I would warn you, however, to be careful of customs costs! I'd been ordering from AmiAmi for shipments to the US for about a year and never paid a cent in customs fees. However, the last shipment that I ordered I had sent to my new home in the Netherlands and I had to pay over €24 in custom fees! That was about half what I paid for the contents.

Thanks! Thats not much at all :) Yeah, a part of me thinks that maybe the chance of having to pay customs might be bigger if I order from a store, than from a more private seller on Ebay. But I'm not sure, from what I've herd the people who work at the customs usually don't bother with package under 70 dollars, so on the other hand the cheaper the item is the lower the risk should be xD

Videoland said:
Yeah, a part of me thinks that maybe the chance of having to pay customs might be bigger if I order from a store, than from a more private seller on Ebay. But I'm not sure, from what I've herd the people who work at the customs usually don't bother with package under 70 dollars, so on the other hand the cheaper the item is the lower the risk should be xD

Then you might want to buy from HeatRotomFTW97 or someone else here.

Collectorscache.com is probably one of the top 5 places to go for booster boxes.

Best place to buy Booster boxes?

Could you guys elaborate in why? Best price? Best speed?

Back