• Total voters

Luiserebii

Cooler than a Bose-Einstein Condensate
I am going to buy a booster box, but which sould I buy:

An Platinum: Arceus booster box, or

a Heartgold Soulsilver booster box?

Thnaks in advance!

Neither! XD

Buy a platinum box to get you some sp tools, if you don't have tons already.
Neither of them really have a LOT of helpful cards. I would suggest HG/SS
though because of DCE, and a few really good supporters/trainers.

Buy HGSS, so that you can hopefully get some rare cards like Donphan great, or you could get cards like DCE, and there are a few valuable cards in the set as well.

If you can pre-order a box of HGSS, do so. In the first two weeks or so, those cards, especially ones like Donphan Prime and DCE, will carry extra value and you can trade to a good box.

I would not suggest Arceus unless Gengar or Salamence is popular in your area, or you want to play Arceus. it's trade value is dropping fast.

HGSS is an awesome set, no shinies or reprints makes it a higher chance that you get actually usefull cards

HGSS brings (back) quite a few really useful trainers and supporters. So that in itself to me is good enough to get a box.

Ehh... the HGSS cards aren't really that great overall. You have a select few superstars in that set, but it's not worth buying a whole box full of below average cards. You should just go with Arceus; it's got Expert Belt, Sally X, Gengar X, Charizard, fossils, Tangrowth... and you could even collect all the Arceus and build that really controversial multicolor deck that everyone says sucks.

Everyone is under some sort of spell or somthing....

Platinum is only good if you want to make an SP deck.

What if he doesnt want to?
The point of HG/SS is to slow the game down a tad and bring back set up decks.

I simply meant if he did want to make an sp deck. Even if he doesn't it's good to have the tools as either trade bait, or if he ever changes his mind.

HGSS or Platinum. A majority of the most sought-after trainers in the next format will be in those sets, and you can trade those for whatever you need for your deck of choice.

I'd definitely get Platinum or HGSS. HGSS almost exclusively for some of the crazy new trainers. Platinum just all around owns, 90% of the packs I've bought since I started playing again have been Platinum and I haven't regret it one bit...though the last time I bought like 8 of them in a day and didn't get a single poketurn I was a little annoyed :p

Back