Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Unleashed

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Some other series

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Fartman2000

Team Rogue
With the holidays coming up and the sales I decided to buy a booster box. Which series should I buy. Don't say I should buy that box because it has lux x. Give at least5 good cards in thr series and say why they are good.

Supreme Victors:
Garchomp C LV.X: the heart and soul of a great many SP decks. Sure, you can get it in a tin, but that costs lots of money just to buy it for the 'Chomp. It's still hot stuff.
Blaziken FB LV.X: A great tech in lots of decks. Plus, it's worth a good amount (obviously not as much as Lux G X, but still quite a bit).
Absol G LV.X: It's a good card. Useful in some decks. Worth a bit.
Palmer's Contribution: This card is very useful for almost any deck's recovery.
Electivire FB LV.X: Hey, people like it. It's not a bad card.
Vs. Seeker: I looove this card. It's so very useful.

Overall I think either Unleashed or Rising Rivals is the best because, as a whole, it has the most good cards. Even if you get something sorta-bad you can at least trade it for something else. With Supreme Victors, although you get cards like VS Seeker and Blaze FBX, if you get a bad card you're stuck with it forever.

Triumphant

Seeker
Gengar Prime
Junk Arm
Nidoking
Twins
Mew Prime
Yanmega Prime
Rescue Energy
PD Legend

I say TR all the way.
1. Gengar Prime- Lost world in next set...nuff' said.
2. Seeker- Reuse Uxies, Azelfs, etc.
3. Twins- 2 cards of your choice can change the game around
4. Junk Arm- good in G-dos, stuff like that
5. Rescue Energy- pair it with SF Gengar and be a beast.

So yeah, theres a bunch more I could list but DEFINITELY do NOT get RR. Why? 2 Lv. X's in a box, not worth trying for a Lux. The rest of the set is pretty much junk.

Hope this helped!

If you are going to post in the poll please leave a post. If you said some other series say what series in post.

Platinum:

The entire sp engine
cyrus conspiracy
e-gain
poketurn
power spray
dialga g x
palkia g x
shaymin x land
Broken time space

None of the above are in preconstructed decks/tins etc and all except shaymin x are popular in meta decks

@Fartman2000, I know you're not guaranteed any of those Xs. Since there are some good ones, though, chances are you'll get one of the ones I mentioned.

I agree, I think Platinum all the way. It has some of the best in the SP engine and the Lv X's aren't too bad

SV not so much, not many valuable Lv Xs, and the Garchomp is in a tin

Rising Rivals has a couple of good Lv X's in it, so even if you don't pull Luxray it might not be a complete 'dead box'. Trainers and the like are pretty meh though

Triumphant is good only because it's recent. Every collector and wannabe deck maker wants those cards

I think out of those, TM or UL are the best, but the absolute bests sets in the format I can think of are SF (Epic rogues, Machamp AND Gyarados. Plus cool Energies and Lux Ball) and PL (SP engine, plus a lot of other nice cards).

If you havn't read my trade thread please do. I have 4 of ALL of the sp engine, again, I've already bought 2 PL booster boxes and pulled 3 drapion x, 2 pgx, and 1 skymin. NO DGX. Don't even expect to get 1 x, my friend bought a booster box and got no ultra rares, shinies,or secret rares. I laughed at it, he virtually wasted 90$

I believe for the moment I will get triumphant. Once g-dos goes out of format I will just run lostgar.

I'm gonna go for platinum too
Even if you don't need the cards in it, there are an amazing amount of cards in it which will trade very well.
fartman: you can't really expect us to know what you do and do not have. We're just giving our opinion on the best box here, not the best box for you because we don't have a clue what you do and do not need :/

I would go with TR. The reason why because it has tons of supports and and good trainers plus all the cool prime. I would do anything that is not HS and up. All you could get your hands on Gengar prime when and if we do get lost world. That's just my opinion. Also the prime rate is pretty high too.

I agree with Triumphant. It has some good stuff in there and the other few are going to get rotated out next time. However, that is just my opinion.

i went for RR box and got extremely lucky i got 3 LV.x's Luxray, Flygon and Floatzel.
unfortunatly in the holo side of the box i didnt do so good.
RR has a few good cards and a few really good.

But my favourite box so far has to be Triumphant. (even though the 2 boxes i got from it sucked as i only got 2 legends no alph in both)
mostly for

Seeker
Twins
Gengar Prime
Mew Prime
Machamp Prime
Celebi Prime
Absol Prime
the legends are both good
Nidoking

HS Unleashed:

-Ursaring Prime: That card is really good with DCE and Rainbow Energies as well as Typhlosion Prime, Donohan Prime and Luxray GL X.

-Tyranitar Prime: Very high HP and powerful attacks.

-Kingdra Prime: If your opponent does not have Typhlosion/Blaziken FB X you can do massive damage.

-Entei Raikou LEGEND: Decent Legend that can wipe out fields.

-Shaymin: Good energy manipulation.

Back