Which DS/Wii games should I buy?

What do you have already? I'll recommend The World Ends with You and Rhythm Heaven for DS along with Klonoa for the Wii, but I don't know if you've played them already.

The best game you can buy for the Wii right now is Super Mario Galaxy. For DS, I'd recommend The World Ends with You.

dmaster out.

If you use the wii shop channel, Tales of Monkey Island is pwnawesome. If your looking for a hard disc, there's Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Rayman Raving Rabids (1), and Muramasa: The Demon Blade to name a few. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is coming soon also. For the DS, you can get Drawn to life, Scribblenauts, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story (and it's predecessors), Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Final Fantasy 4, and New Super Mario Bros. While they may be regarded as "kiddy" systems, you can find a plethera of great wii and ds games if you dig deep enough.

Most of what I was going to suggest is in Starcharge's list.

Wii :
2D Platformer - Muramasa: The demon blade, NEW Super Mario Bros.
3D Platformer - Mario Galaxy
Action / Adventure - Zelda: Twilight Princess
Fighting - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Multiplayer - Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii

Also, No More Heroes is a really great serie. The sequel of the first one is coming out soon so I highly suggest that you get into it by buying the first one.

As for DS, It's really not hard to find good games. Just gotta look around. Phantasy Star 0 come out tomorrow so if you like MMORPGs and stuffs like that, you should look out for it. If you're more into RPGs, check out Final Fantasy series. Even though they are remixes from the old games, it's still pretty great. Scribblenauts also deserves a mention, here as it is DS's latest big game.

Well I have Scribblenauts, Mario Galaxy, and some more stuff that you said.

I was thinking about The World Ends With You. Can someone tell me what it's about?

I'm leaving for school about now, but it's an Urban Fantasy Action-RPG set in Shibuya, Tokyo.

The story is really awesome.

Now that it's out, Super Mario Bros Wii is a nice option and if you don't have it definitely buy Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Oh, and don't even look into what r3skyline is doing. The R4DS is a awesome device (I have one). But what I assume he means is using the R4 to play pirated DS rom files. You can do a lot of things with the R4, including using a mp3 player, and playing games from other systems (like snes). Be warned though, unless you own a payed for, hard copy of the game (or song), what your doing is illegal. There are, though, a lot of freeware games you can download for it.

I like Mario Kart Wii. Other good games are in my opinion:

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Mario Galaxy
-Legends of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Mario Party DS
-Mario Party 8
-Pokemon Platinum
-Wario Ware: Touched
-Yoshi's Island DS
-Super Princess Peach
-~New~ Super Mario Bros.
-Pokemon Dash